Double Xp Weekend!

82 replies to this topic

#1 InnerSphereNews

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 2,773 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

MONTREAL – January 15, 2013 – Infinite Game Publishing and Piranha Games launched one of the fiercest and quickest Mechs into the InnerSphere today as the Spider Mech made its way into the MechWarrior Online store. Available now, Spider is one of the most maneuverable and agile of all Light Mechs with a whopping eight jumpjets and an unmatched turning radius. Spider pilots can create nightmares for pilots of heavier Mechs on the battlefield; this is the time to watch your back!

In addition to the Spider becoming available, an exciting 3-day in-game event is coming Friday, January 18 at 10 am Pacific – the first-ever MechWarrior Online Double XP event. Scheduled to run the duration of the weekend, MechWarrior pilots will hunker down at home in order to defend and conquer in the InnerSphere. The event concludes on Monday, January 21 at 10 am Pacific. To truly maximize XP earning potential, MechWarrior pilots can stack up other XP-boosting techniques such as their Premium Time to unlock powerful pilot enhancements quickly.

"After a much-needed break over the holidays, we're raring to go with exciting 2013 content updates," said Bryan Ekman, creative director, Piranha Games. "The addition of community-focused features such as the Double XP event, new Mechs and performance tweaks let's us kickoff the New Year in a big way. This is just the beginning of a huge year for MechWarrior fans."

Smaller yet important content additions accompanied the Spider Mech reveal today as the new Decay Target pilot module offers the power to keep the enemy target Mech in sight longer. This valuable time advantage of up to an additional 1.5 seconds (from the default 2 seconds) may make the difference in being able to take down enemies in heated battles, giving pilots the critical edge they need. This week's patch also includes another pilot focused content upgrade – a Sensor Range Pilot Module – boosting sensor range from 15 to 25 percent. Finally, players can also outfit their Mech with the new custom Woodland pattern, which is available in the Mech Bay today.

MechWarrior Online continues to boost content for players with meaningful, scheduled gameplay enhancements and bug fixes with the January 15 and 22nd content updates. While the Spider offers its own advantages, fans have reason to get excited about the upcoming Commando Hero Mech named, "Death's Knell" available on January 22. A new addition to the MechWarrior universe, Death's Knell is a fast, yet small Mech that packs 176 points of armour and four medium lasers – two in each arm. More details about Death's Knell is available at http://mwomercs.com/...attlemechs/hero.

Sign up for MechWarrior Online and jump into the free-to-play action immediately: www.mwomercs.com.

#2 Sean Lang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wolf
  • The Wolf
  • 969 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:30 PM

Oh yeah!

#3 Magitek

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ominous
  • The Ominous
  • 128 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hmmm... Whats the words? Heck YEAH!

#4 Joe Mallad

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 3,740 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:35 PM

looks like its time to dust off the Founders mech and bring out the Hero mech to maximize those XP rewards guys B)

#5 Dirk Le Daring

• 2,083 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:36 PM

Gonna have to make time for this. B)

#6 Agent Pires

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 94 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:40 PM

No extra cbills then?

#7 Voidsinger

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:52 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 16 January 2013 - 03:30 PM, said:

In addition to the Spider becoming available, an exciting 3-day in-game event is coming Friday, January 18 at 10 am Pacific – the first-ever MechWarrior Online Double XP event. Scheduled to run the duration of the weekend, MechWarrior pilots will hunker down at home in order to defend and conquer in the InnerSphere. The event concludes on Monday, January 21 at 10 am Pacific. To truly maximize XP earning potential, MechWarrior pilots can stack up other XP-boosting techniques such as their Founder benefits, Premium Time and Hero Mech XP-boosts to unlock powerful pilot enhancements quickly.

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but don't Founders and Hero Mechs only provide a C-Bill boost. There is no way to stack XP-boosts, except for having premium time.

Edited by Voidsinger, 16 January 2013 - 03:53 PM.

#8 nksharp

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 838 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 03:58 PM

View PostVoidsinger, on 16 January 2013 - 03:52 PM, said:

Excuse me if I'm wrong, but don't Founders and Hero Mechs only provide a C-Bill boost. There is no way to stack XP-boosts, except for having premium time.

Really?

You have a legendary pack and don't even know what you have with it, have you never even played a game. You get xp and cbills bonus with founders, premium time is an additional 50%.

To bad I have to work all weekend so I can't even play.

#9 IceSerpent

• 3,044 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:08 PM

View Postnksharp, on 16 January 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Really?

You have a legendary pack and don't even know what you have with it, have you never even played a game. You get xp and cbills bonus with founders, premium time is an additional 50%.

Lulz. Founder mech only gives 25% c-bill bonus.

#10 deranda

• PipPip
  • 35 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:14 PM

Cool event, looking forward to a grindy weekend.

Hero- and founder mechs don't provide any xp boost though, sadly :<

#11 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:20 PM

Four medium lasers, 5.5 tons of armor... and how many heatsinks?

It'll only fit twelve unless it has ferro/endo/XL as upgrades... B)

#12 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:23 PM

Sweet deal.

#13 Voidsinger

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,340 posts
  • LocationAstral Space

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

View Postnksharp, on 16 January 2013 - 03:58 PM, said:

Really?

No, I knew, as I did with Hero mechs. However, the possibilities are presented:

- Things may have changed (this is a Beta, and these things can slip through)

- This may also be a Founders and Hero Mech XP bonus weekend (not announced though)

- PGI got it wrong in their announcement (most likely)

- False and misleading advertising (unlikely, but included for completeness)

Yes, I checked and it is still only a C-bill bonus in game.

#14 Eddrick

• Storm
  • Storm
  • 1,493 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanyon Lake, TX.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:30 PM

Time to use Permium Time and a Hero Mech (Or Founders Mech) to capitalize on the occasion.

#15 DeaconW

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 976 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:33 PM

I have more XP than I can shake a stick at. What would be nice is a double C-bill weekend...

#16 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 16 January 2013 - 04:57 PM

Do Hero mechs get an XP bonus?

#17 Name140704

• 1,196 posts
  • LocationBehind You

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:07 PM

Like the idea but not going to bite. Saving the premium time and the MC for the CLANS!!!!

#18 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:12 PM

Sometimes I wonder if the people who post these types of announcements even play this game. Like tech support telling me a mech doesn't overheat because it's bigger and not because it has more heat sinks.

#19 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 05:19 PM

View PostThontor, on 16 January 2013 - 05:12 PM, said:

Founders and Hero mechs do not give bonus XP, only bonus cbills.

Yup I just did a run to be sure in my IM, I knew Founder's didn't.

#20 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 16 January 2013 - 06:02 PM

I'm going to guess that it might be a good time to level up some lesser-played mechs?

As for the grandiose statements regarding compounding XP with Founders/Heros...*facepalm*...way to know your product, "InnerSphereNews".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users