Pre-Made Groups Make This Game Horrible

646 replies to this topic

#1 Neoxaero

Rookie

• Hearing Impaired
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:52 PM

Pre-mades vs PUGs make this game absolutely HORRIBLE. I'm regreting spending any money to buy a decent mech. Constantly getting placed on a PUG group vs a pre-made group is irritating and really makes this game not worth playing.

Yeah I know, you're going to post QQ and all the other interweb troll ********

Ultimately, games of this type live or die from solo players

Pre-Made groups should be playing against Pre-Made groups and PUGs vs PUGs

Constant losses will drive anyone to quit playing this game. I know I wont be spending any more of my money on it till this pug vs pre-made situation is resolved

#2 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:53 PM

Nope. I agree.

The groups don't belong in the ghetto, but as long as PGI lets them be there, they're gonna stay in the ghetto to farm easy kills and money.

#3 Alaric the Arcane

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 294 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:54 PM

I just had a flashback.

#4 PANZERBUNNY

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

It'll be solved.

I would say get on TS and run with some 4 man teams, but as you haven't figured out how to make a forum profile pic, you probably don't know how to install TeamSpeak.

#5 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

It'll be solved.

I would say get on TS and run with some 4 man teams, but as you haven't figured out how to make a forum profile pic, you probably don't know how to install TeamSpeak.

Mmmm, oldschool.

#6 HighlandCoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 772 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 16 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

IB4 the slanging starts :ph34r:

I agree - remove groups from the PUG queue. More fun for all.

#7 PANZERBUNNY

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,080 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationToronto, Canada

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:01 PM

You learn through losing though.

that should keep some people warm at night.

The only lesson learned over and over though is that you should have joined at least a 4 man.

#8 wolf74

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,272 posts
  • LocationMidland, TX

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:00 PM

Flips the coin over. Solo player need to work with a team. They riun the game by running off and thinking there some small gods gift to their team than blames the players on his side for him dieing! The game live from team players due to the fact they get their friends to play with them. One way to stop the problem is to remove solo player being able to drop unless they are on a team. (Flips the coin back over).

Edit due phone errors

Edited by wolf74, 16 January 2013 - 08:04 PM.

#9 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Premade (four player) groups make the game FUNCTIONAL.

This game has always preached 'team play.' Unlike the 'team play' you need in Modern War (ie, follow the good player or at least try not to stink it up), you actually need to BRING A TEAM instead of relying on the seven chucklefkz you were teamed with.

The problem has less to do with 'premades ruining the game.' The problem has more to do with the resounding lack of in-game grouping and chat utilities, and the relatively low skill level of most players.

Playing this game without a 4 person group is basically a waste of time. I don't ever see that changing, because respawns don't exist. Three decent players can carry a team in Modern War, or two good players, or one awesome player. That doesn't happen here because death is permanent. Sometimes I see one guy steamroll a team - but almost never as the last man standing. Getting the 'kill shot' when half your team is wolfing people one at a time is a lot easier than "carrying" your team.

MWO requires premade groups, it just doesn't make them accessible to anyone who isn't willing to use a VOIP and talk to strangers.

#10 Quxudica

• Little Helper
  • 1,858 posts

View PostPANZERBUNNY, on 16 January 2013 - 07:56 PM, said:

It'll be solved.

Such an amazing community, yea this game sure is going in a great direction.

#11 matux

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 584 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:03 PM

The feeling is mutual about the slaughtering of pugs,

Regards,

4 + 4 man sync drops..

#12 Rift Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Storm
  • Storm
  • 532 posts
  • LocationThe moon

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:04 PM

View PostNeoxaero, on 16 January 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

Pre-mades vs PUGs make this game absolutely HORRIBLE. I'm regreting spending any money to buy a decent mech. Constantly getting placed on a PUG group vs a pre-made group is irritating and really makes this game not worth playing.

Constant losses will drive anyone to quit playing this game. I know I wont be spending any more of my money on it till this pug vs pre-made situation is resolved

I agree and disagree. While I agree that pugs should not be thrown against premades, I don't think they should never face them. If a team has a premade, the other team should as well.

#13 Chunkylad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 295 posts
  • LocationIn a place called reality.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

I am curious to how you tell whether a group is pre-made or not. I have played multiple matches today alone and had very coordinated team mates, all 7 pugs. Would that mean that they are a pre-made of 3 and 4 with me being the only solo? I have also noticed that pre-mades tend to be matched with pre-mades, when I duo with one of my buddies from college, we always get paired against people who admit to being pre-made, no biggie doesn't change a lot in a match.

In the end it all comes down to the quality of teamwork and skill of your fellow pugs.

#14 HighlandCoo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 772 posts
  • Locationbehind you

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM

Oh here we go again

"it's a team game"
"im playing it right, your playing it wrong"

Whats the problem? No one can seriously be saying that the matchmaking is working satisfactorily?

Also PUG's are not saying you are playing wrong. PUG's are only asking to be on an even playing field. Whats wrong with that?

Edited by HighlandCoo, 16 January 2013 - 08:07 PM.

#15 Rahl

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationBlaine Washington

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Oh look more QQ coming from people that refuse to admit thats this is a team based game.

get in a team , its not hard, tons of units recruiting.

#16 Warrax the Chaos Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 925 posts
  • LocationMyrror

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:06 PM

Pugstomping has been going on for so long that many people actually feel entitled to having a PUG to stomp.

Three and four person teams don't want to leave the PUG queue for eights (even a 4+4 vs. an eight) because they "just want to get on TS and goof off with a few friends," which they can't do if they are facing actual competition. They are accustomed to having the right to a disorganized and less experienced team to fight just because that is how it's always been.

I hate to sound all negative, I'm not that kind of guy really, but it's something I've been thinking about lately. PGI has given us all the tools we need to kill this game, and we are unfortunately using them.

#17 Chunkylad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 295 posts
  • LocationIn a place called reality.

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:09 PM

This same argument comes up in every team based game ever created, APB Reloaded, League/Dota/HoN, Team Fortress, Counter Strike, etc. with the exception of Call of Duty.

#18 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:12 PM

What the above posters aren't taking into account with the oldschool 'L2P' is that there's now an 8 man arena.

That no one except Kong, some ponies, and Kaos uses... I wonder why.

#19 Zylo

• 1,782 posts
  • Locationunknown, possibly drunk

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostNeoxaero, on 16 January 2013 - 07:52 PM, said:

So you created your account and reached this decision within 5 minutes?

#20 Vermaxx

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 16 January 2013 - 08:15 PM

View PostHighlandCoo, on 16 January 2013 - 08:05 PM, said:

Oh here we go again

"it's a team game"
"im playing it right, your playing it wrong"

Whats the problem? No one can seriously be saying that the matchmaking is working satisfactorily?

Also PUG's are not saying you are playing wrong. PUG's are only asking to be on an even playing field. Whats wrong with that?

Matchmaking is working exactly correct. Eight person teams have their own queue, everyone else has the other one. The 'pug' queue even tries to match weight class for weight class, whereas the full team one doesn't give a fuuuuuuuuulk. That ends the level of thinking matchmaking puts in

View PostWarrax the Chaos Warrior, on 16 January 2013 - 08:06 PM, said:

Pugstomping has been going on for so long that many people actually feel entitled to having a PUG to stomp.

Three and four person teams don't want to leave the PUG queue for eights (even a 4+4 vs. an eight) because they "just want to get on TS and goof off with a few friends," which they can't do if they are facing actual competition. They are accustomed to having the right to a disorganized and less experienced team to fight just because that is how it's always been.

I hate to sound all negative, I'm not that kind of guy really, but it's something I've been thinking about lately. PGI has given us all the tools we need to kill this game, and we are unfortunately using them.

I see no reason why I should go play the try-hards if I just want to derf around with friends. I'm not at the 8 man level, I never said I was, and I have no interest in getting there. I didn't play enough PVP in WoW to get that good, and I didn't raid enough to be a mercenary-daily-raider either. I want to have fun, and losing is not fun.

Now, if they want to add some smart filters and always pit teams versus equally-sized teams, I'm fine with that. I was also fine with the "eight man queue" allowing teams as small as five, but that fell apart.

We play what we are given, in our given skill set. My skill set is in a half-pug team scenario. It isn't my fault that the full pug team is most often a collection of people who make zero effort to work together or communicate effectively.

Of course, it is hard to type a message when you accidentally run into four of the enemy with ECM coverage. Even something as simple as chat macros (possibly with voiceovers!) would make that better.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users