Burn Troll! I Possess The Fire Of Truth!

32 replies to this topic

#21 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

View PostBuck Cake, on 17 January 2013 - 03:51 AM, said:

By current rate of progress, by the time we have a finished game other mech games are going to have actual neurohelmets, and an almost-ready-to-fly mech pit will cost under a 100 dollars.

I'm not that cynical. I do think if we stay on a day for day schedule we should have community warfare in time for the Battle of Tukayyid to be the first event.

#22 Protoculture

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 428 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:32 AM

View PostIlwrath, on 17 January 2013 - 02:25 AM, said:

Beta Beta Beta...

Time to test some new maps because the old ones (that has been beta tested a lot) is getting old and is making the game less fun. They did add some challenge though. The challenge of not pushing alt+F4 on the "new" city night map.

Lol. So true. I loathe the night maps.

#23 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

View PostSeanamal, on 17 January 2013 - 02:08 AM, said:

So for my 100th post I thought I'd say something auspicious:

I'm sick of the unending rain of negative feedback on these forums.

"The Devs suck, they messed this up, they messed that up, wah!" - truncated, amalgamated, and simplified statement of various forum trolls.

It's BETA jackass! The game ain't even close to finished. And at least the devs are honest about the fact. How many "finished" games get mid life patches to fix "minor" bugs? My xbox would say a lot.

Yes, the Devs mess up, sometimes nearly catastrophically from the player base point of view. But the answer isn't to say you suck and to question the nature of their relationship with their maternal ancestor. It is instead to politely point out how you feel they went in the wrong direction, perhaps giving examples to state your case, and then make constructive comments as to how perhaps they could approach the solution to the problem differently.

Now some would point out that their transaction system is in place and they are happily taking players money for what is effectively an unfinished product. While I admit that this is a valid point I offer the counter argument that it is only with more money that they will finish the product.

So I respectfully ask that we all attempt to raise the tone of discourse on these forums. Perhaps if we do it will encourage the Devs to be more forthcoming with what is going on. Because if I were in their shoes I wouldn't come anywhere near these forums.

"The Devs suck, they messed this up, they messed that up, wah!" - truncated, amalgamated, and simplified statement of various forum trolls.

It's BETA jackass! The game ain't even close to finished. And at least the devs are honest about the fact. How many "finished" games get mid life patches to fix "minor" bugs? My xbox would say a lot.

Yes, the Devs mess up, sometimes nearly catastrophically from the player base point of view. But the answer isn't to say you suck and to question the nature of their relationship with their maternal ancestor. It is instead to politely point out how you feel they went in the wrong direction, perhaps giving examples to state your case, and then make constructive comments as to how perhaps they could approach the solution to the problem differently.

Now some would point out that their transaction system is in place and they are happily taking players money for what is effectively an unfinished product. While I admit that this is a valid point I offer the counter argument that it is only with more money that they will finish the product.

So I respectfully ask that we all attempt to raise the tone of discourse on these forums. Perhaps if we do it will encourage the Devs to be more forthcoming with what is going on. Because if I were in their shoes I wouldn't come anywhere near these forums.

The stupid, it burnssssss!!!! /writheonfloor

#24 Seanamal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:06 PM

Thanks for the mostly positive feedback. When I wrote this last night I was pretty hammered from a night of first drinking with friends, and then drinking while playing MWO. But I think my thoughts were fairly coherent. [REDACTED]

Edited by Dakkath, 17 January 2013 - 02:43 PM.
language

#25 CheebaMech

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 105 posts
  • LocationPsst, behind you...

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:16 PM

View PostSeanamal, on 17 January 2013 - 01:06 PM, said:

Noli esse forum troglodytam, asinus hat.

I think I just found a forum sig, gracias.

#26 Vernius Ix

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 405 posts
  • LocationOscar Mike

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Yeah...its not beta, sorry!

#27 dF0X

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 678 posts
  • LocationPhoenix, Arizona, USA

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:18 PM

Op sounds like a religious zealot. Who's truth is that you possess?

#28 Seanamal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 01:30 PM

View PostCheebaMech, on 17 January 2013 - 01:16 PM, said:

I think I just found a forum sig, gracias.

Crap I was thinking same thing. Great minds think alike.

#29 Seanamal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationWashington, DC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 09:39 PM

View PostDesrtfox, on 17 January 2013 - 01:18 PM, said:

Op sounds like a religious zealot. Who's truth is that you possess?
The truth that when I consume large quantities of alcohol, I get highly opinionated.

#30 Vanguard319

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,436 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 19 January 2013 - 08:37 AM

What was I thinking sitting through endless eight in one sitting!?!?

#31 MechLife

• PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 January 2013 - 10:23 PM

Have to agree...not sure if there's really a solution, but trolling certainly never solved anything

#32 Violette

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts
  • Locationhere and there

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:28 AM

Burn this thread! Clones are scary!

#33 Kassatsu

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,078 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

If it's truly still a beta, tell them to close the cash shop and refund all of the founder purchases. They're selling and marketing this game as a finished product, regardless of what you PGI apologists try to say and regardless of the fact PGI is claiming it's a beta. We were promised features nearly a year ago and they are nowhere to be found, massive issues have existed since closed beta, and beyond a "we're aware of them and are working on a fix", zero progress has been made.

I don't know about you guys, but the instant a game opens it's cash shop, it's out of beta and ready for review as far as I'm concerned.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users