Whats Wrong With Ppc?

11 replies to this topic

#1 zerosouL

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:26 AM

Seriously can somebody tell me whats wrong with PPC (i guess every projectile weapon) issue regarding weird unpredictable shooting angle? From time to time angle is realy, really off. You can stand still and shot straight ahead and most of the shots have different angle, some of them goes right into the sky, to the side or into the ground in front of you ect. Whats wrong with that picture?

EDIT: just look at that for example, found this on youtube :

Edited by zerosouL, 17 January 2013 - 02:31 AM.

#2 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:29 AM

c.o.n.v.e.r.g.e.n.c.e of arm mounted weapons. many problems. netcode... rubberbanding... blahrgh ^^ forum search ? :D

#3 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:32 AM

Pretty much convergence.
If your crosshairs are too close to a close object (like the side of a building, or the top of a hill) the range at which the projectile passes through your crosshairs will be set to said obstacle. If there's a building 5' in front of you, your PPC shot will pass through your crosshairs 5' from you, and continue on that trajectory.

#4 zerosouL

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:39 AM

View PostOne Medic Army, on 17 January 2013 - 02:32 AM, said:

Pretty much convergence.
If your crosshairs are too close to a close object (like the side of a building, or the top of a hill) the range at which the projectile passes through your crosshairs will be set to said obstacle. If there's a building 5' in front of you, your PPC shot will pass through your crosshairs 5' from you, and continue on that trajectory.

Well it happens without any obstacles, objects, buildings ect too. You can stand still without any obstacles around and try to hit something at any range right in front of you and same thing happens over and over from time to time.

Edited by zerosouL, 17 January 2013 - 02:40 AM.

#5 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:46 AM

I've only had it go off in wild directions when something is right up close, and I have 3 different PPC equipped mechs that I use regularly.
Could you be more specific about the loadout and circumstances in question?

In the video, you can pretty clearly see that it's converging on obstacles between the firer and the target.
The first PPC shot (went low right) converged at distace set by the building that was being fired over.
On Caustic the shots were converging at distance to the hillside immediately to the right of the target.

Remember that convergence distance is set dynamically, but it has a rate of change.
If you've just gone past something at a different distance, it will take a moment for the distance to re-set.

Edited by One Medic Army, 17 January 2013 - 02:51 AM.

#6 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:47 AM

Meet me on a random match.

Drive your mech right in front of my Ilya.

Wonder why you're still alive after 10 sec of me firing UAC5s non-stop.

CONVERGENCE

NO LONGER JUST A BALLISTICS ISSUE (never was actually...)

Edited by Lynette Steffeld, 17 January 2013 - 02:48 AM.

#7 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 02:57 AM

last night i was playing some hours while downloading a 50 gig packet from the usenet. (got wildly swinging ping from 300-500ms)

result : I drove a lag-shielded stalker full with lasers, 4*srm6 - man did I get flames. 1600 damage anyone ?
Sideeffect was I had to lead lights the triple amount im used to, my screen was sometimes too small to effectively lead.

conclusion : the poor guys from australia, I can tell you it´s nigh impossible for them to kill a light without streaks.
The more latency you have the harder you are to hit, but you also have to lead a ridicolous amount and deal with massive rubberbanding.

#8 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:10 AM

View Postelbloom, on 17 January 2013 - 02:57 AM, said:

conclusion : the poor guys from australia, I can tell you it´s nigh impossible for them to kill a light without streaks. The more latency you have the harder you are to hit, but you also have to lead a ridicolous amount and deal with massive rubberbanding.

BALLISTICS @ 270 PING!

I have killed QUITE SOME lights this way.

Does this make me a unique_and_beautiful_snowflaekomg

Can I has award plz

Preferably RAC5kplzthxbai

#9 elbloom

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:15 AM

this makes you the Psychic Warrior of all time, your crystal ball is most OP equipment ingame :D

Posted Image
:lol: :wub: :wub:

#10 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:21 AM

It's gonna be a repost, but I also often use:

Posted Image

In b4 Ilyas don't have b_utts.

They do. It's just small compared to the size of the UAC5S HURRDURR

#11 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:56 AM

running 2 erpcc´s currently...no issues

#12 Josef Nader

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,243 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:55 AM

You need to lock on to the target you're shooting at. If you don't, your weapons will converge at the distance of your reticule. This means that if you're leading a target 600m out and your reticule is aimed at the terrain 1200m behind him, your guns are going to converge at 1200m and miss wildly.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users