Dev Response To Ecm (In Case You Missed It)

58 replies to this topic

#21 LionZoo

• PipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:47 AM

I've been grinding other Mechs lately because my Raven is maxed out and plays with a bit of rubberbanding from home (since it moves so quickly). However, if I'm at my friend's place and I absolutely need to pull out one Mech to try to ensure we get a win, the Raven 3L is choice number 1, 2, and 3.

Edited by LionZoo, 17 January 2013 - 03:48 AM.

#22 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:48 AM

View Postshabowie, on 17 January 2013 - 03:44 AM, said:

KDRs of specific builds in the hands of specific players in specific circumstances versus other builds. Amounts of damage done by specific weapons, etc., etc.

If my name is ever listed on such a listing I think it'd be an invitation for a public stoning session.

And I don't mean the kind where people light up bundles of grass.

Inb4 CurryNCheese arguments/10

#23 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:49 AM

View PostInertiaman, on 17 January 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

Awesome. They're on it. Super Solid!

I'd be interested to see what five mechs are beating the raven, specifically up until the spider release. Why not just tell us the most popular mechs weekly. That would make a nice dev post in and of itself. I really don't understand the continuous veil over things like that.

I don't think they're hiding anything as far as that goes, they probably never gave doing that much thought, with so many other things that need time/attention.

I've been playing an awful lot and while I might get the order wrong, I'd have to say Stalker, Atlas, Cataphract, Catapult and Hunchbacks...maybe Dragons.

#24 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:52 AM

View PostLynette Steffeld, on 17 January 2013 - 03:48 AM, said:

If my name is ever listed on such a listing I think it'd be an invitation for a public stoning session.

Not sure what that even means.

What I mean is using a player you know is good and seeing how a mech performs being controlled by a known quantity rather than the "average performance" which is thrown off by people who are really just targets - at least half the players out there.

#25 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

View Postshabowie, on 17 January 2013 - 03:52 AM, said:

Not sure what that even means. What I mean is using a player you know is good and seeing how a mech performs being controlled by a known quantity rather than the "average performance" which is thrown off by people who are really just targets - at least half the players out there.

I basically only use ONE build on ONE mech ALMOST all the time, people tend to accuse it of being Cheesy.

So if I ever get listed I'd probably get people calling me out for it, which would make me kinda-sorta-sad... maybe.

... Maybe.

#26 shabowie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 03:58 AM

View PostLynette Steffeld, on 17 January 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

I basically only use ONE build on ONE mech ALMOST all the time, people tend to accuse it of being Cheesy.

Ah ok that makes sense I guess. I'm not quite that bad, I mastered all the mechs related to my Founders package and am now working on Ravens.

But I have over half a million extra xp on my DDC, lol. And I've only played twice since December 16 or so.

Edited by shabowie, 17 January 2013 - 04:00 AM.

#27 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:22 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 17 January 2013 - 03:10 AM, said:

Stalker 3F. Trial and otherwise.
Atlas double-D.
K2.
A1.
Sanic cents.

Something like that.

There's been an awful lot of 'phracts in the last month or two as well, some games they've been fully half the 'mechs.
Other than that, seems like a pretty solid list.

#28 ParasiteX

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 143 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:24 AM

Theres really no point in PGI doing any drastic balance changes at this time, until the netcode has been fixed.
As their stats would change dramatically, when people actually start to be able to hit light mechs. Which would throw any balance changes they do, out the door..

So give it time, stop whining. And let them focus on gettin the netcode fixed.

#29 Felix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 656 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:33 AM

So... they are working on it?

Sweet!

That means we will get the finished product of what they are working on in...say...6 months or so? :D

#30 MGoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 119 posts
  • LocationEdinburgh

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:34 AM

Thanks OP for making this thread, im sure alot might have missed the dev response, great to hear from them about this, the silence was my main gripe.

Hope the hear more from them :D

#31 Lorren Jaffray

• Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostInertiaman, on 17 January 2013 - 03:06 AM, said:

Awesome. They're on it. Super Solid!

I'd be interested to see what five mechs are beating the raven, specifically up until the spider release. Why not just tell us the most popular mechs weekly. That would make a nice dev post in and of itself. I really don't understand the continuous veil over things like that.

You didn't even know that was a thing before this post and now there is a veil over things like that? It's called non pertinent information pick your words better and be less of a drama queen man. It's all a conspiracy maaaan.

#32 BerryChunks

Dezgra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,000 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:41 AM

Garth is full of crap.

Lots of people's personal experience (including my own) disagrees.

Also, they have tried their hardest not to nerf ECM into something reasonable.

What is their agenda?

#33 Inertiaman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 865 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:43 AM

View PostLorren Jaffray, on 17 January 2013 - 04:40 AM, said:

You didn't even know that was a thing before this post and now there is a veil over things like that? It's called non pertinent information pick your words better and be less of a drama queen man. It's all a conspiracy maaaan.

Where was the drama? I simply wondered why low-hanging fruit like that is no longer exploited to generate content. It used to be back in CB in the form of heatmaps, player counts etc. You have implied a tone that simply doesn't exist.

#34 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:44 AM

View PostBerryChunks, on 17 January 2013 - 04:41 AM, said:

Garth is full of crap.

Lots of people's personal experience (including my own) disagrees.

Also, they have tried their hardest not to nerf ECM into something reasonable.

What is their agenda?

Everybody who's made an estimate or posted theories in here disagrees, and for obvious reasons.

View PostLynette Steffeld, on 17 January 2013 - 03:54 AM, said:

So if I ever get listed I'd probably get people calling me out for it, which would make me kinda-sorta-sad... maybe.

... Maybe.

I only play mechs that work, and mechs that completely won't work under any circumstances, like the spider.

#35 lordkrike

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

View PostFlit Asuno, on 17 January 2013 - 03:04 AM, said:

This is the same guy who claimed non engine DHS were 1.4 because he claimed to be able to core an atlas in the back with a jenner in 3 seconds.

FYI, with the right weapons loadout and a bit of luck, this is pretty trivial. Two rear center torso bursts with 6 MPL (on a JR7-F) can put out 72 damage in 3.75s. The first 28 points shred through the armor, leaving 44 damage for lucky engine crits. It's even easier if it's an Atlas-K (with an XL engine), since you can shoot him in the rear side and have damage left over for his friends.

#36 Hoshi Toranaga

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 435 posts
  • LocationAround

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:17 AM

Well I feel for the guys and I hope more poeple will start crying after they have faced our ROFLstomp 4-man team:
3x Raven 3L
1x Streakapult
Counters any ECM and the Streakapult blasts you into oblivion... hehe
ECM is not OP, it is TOTALLY UNREAL OP.

#37 Nightcrept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,050 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

I do hope that Garth and the devs do not really take the most used mechs during normal play into consideration for balance issues.
The reason I say that is simple and has been stating repeatedly in this thread.
Even though ecm is uber powerful it is only on a certain amount of mechs that only take a few days of dedicated play to max out. In the process (which maybe the point of making ecm soo powerful) You need to level all other mechs in that class (potentially requiring money or the use of founders creds etc).
So basically players are currently bored of playing their maxed out ecm mechs. That being said using current mech played stats will give them false game indicators.
If anything perhaps track the use of ecm in 8 mans or more likely in tournament play where winning is more of a goal then just chilling out and enjoying a game.

Edited by Nightcrept, 17 January 2013 - 05:21 AM.

#38 Panzerjotun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 264 posts

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:20 AM

Just more lip service.

#39 RG Notch

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,987 posts
  • LocationNYC

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:31 AM

View PostInertiaman, on 17 January 2013 - 03:25 AM, said:

Or, let's say we're talking post-tuesday

spider 1 with ecm
spider 2
spider 3
commando with ecm
commando that someone is levelling to make the ecm one better
raven 3L

There is no way the raven chassis was out of the top five last week.

See this is why you can't reason with people who "know" what's really going on. And people wonder why the devs post less, no matter what they say people will simply say they lie because they "know" the real story.

#40 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 17 January 2013 - 05:32 AM

View PostRG Notch, on 17 January 2013 - 05:31 AM, said:

See this is why you can't reason with people who "know" what's really going on. And people wonder why the devs post less, no matter what they say people will simply say they lie because they "know" the real story.

He could just post the actual numbers the server collects.

That's what I'd do.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users