No Afk Auto Kick In A Game In 2013?

10 replies to this topic

#1 ShotDoc

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:53 AM

Honestly how do you not have a afk auto boot system in-game... its pretty pathetic of any online game in this day and age to not include one. If players don't input for five minutes then their AFK and should be booted to the login.

I've just joined MWO after seeing a thing about some double XP weekend and I figured I'd give it a try and so far my first three matches have had 2-3 players on the team that just sit there in their spawn and then die... I mean is it ok to AFK farm for points? because if so... that's pretty sad most companies realize that its counter productive to allow people to do that.

#2 Ephrael

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:56 AM

I dont think you get any points while being AFK anymore, think it was fixed in the latest patch

#3 SinnerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • LocationIndiana

Posted 18 January 2013 - 05:59 AM

The problem isn't that they're AFK, the problem is the game has numerous bugs that disconnect players, some which give no indication in game.

#4 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:05 AM

I think there needs to be an auto-death for afk and d/c mechs for the first x minutes of a match and during that time, the MM can drop in a fresh body.

#5 MaddMaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 5,911 posts
  • LocationNova Scotia, Canada

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:07 AM

What would booting them after 5 minutes solve? The game will likely have been decided by the 5 minute mark so removing the deadwood then would just be a pointless server side exercise.

#6 pcunite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

I see two disconnects per game now. This game is lots of fun, but it is beta. Keep that in mind.

#7 TexAce

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,861 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:08 AM

You know what worse than that?

Having a matchmaker that lets people disconnect (it even says (Diconnected)) and doesn't care to replace them by other players, while it still says "waiting for players".

THAT's a PITA!

#8 pomp0m

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationNetherlands

Posted 18 January 2013 - 06:23 AM

Thats indeed the most iritating. People who leave before the start sign. I dont mind to be put in a game that started when im loading because some dude disconnected 1sec before start. It just gives me the thought that i can be more usefull than that dude.

#9 skelley92

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 108 posts
  • LocationFusion Engine City, MI

Posted 18 January 2013 - 08:53 AM

It would be great if there was a way to take over the afkers mech for the rest of the match. First guy killed gets to jump into the drivers seat for the rest of the match and do something instead of just watching a motionless mech.

#10 Rokuzachi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 511 posts

Posted 18 January 2013 - 09:02 AM

What I find more unbelievable that we don't have;

The ability to rejoin a match after having been DC'ed. With how many stability issues this game can have at times, this is really need. And it's sort of... a basic feature of match-based team games.

#11 TB Freelancer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 783 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 18 January 2013 - 10:00 AM

View PostSinnerX, on 18 January 2013 - 05:59 AM, said:

The problem isn't that they're AFK, the problem is the game has numerous bugs that disconnect players, some which give no indication in game.

Exactly....

I wanted to try a cfg that a lot of guys were raving about, crashed a couple times clearing my shader cache each time, put everything back, crashed again, then remembered I forgot to clear the shader cache...oops.

In 5 minutes I had 3 mechs 'in-game'.

I've also had yellow screens, no hud, random CTDs, black screen, to name a few, and in most of them I can't use chat...or at least I'm not sure if I can. I try typing but can't see any feedback, so I have no idea if the team knew or not.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users