U J R - Universal Joystick Remapper - Any Stick With Mwo Via Virtual Joysticks

117 replies to this topic

#21 Z3R0115

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:23 AM

why is this not pinned in bolt bright letters somewhere? this will fix ALL my issues likely, going to try it out now! you are the shiznit!

confirmed .ahk doesn't run just on its own fon a 7 x64. I open it and it just asks what to you it with, unless I'm supposed to load it into a program somewhere else?

Edited by Z3R0115, 03 February 2013 - 03:29 AM.

#22 evilC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:16 AM

Yes, you need to install Autohotkey.
From the Readme.txt inside the zip:

Installation Instructions:
1) Make sure Autohotkey_L is installed
http://l.autohotkey....y_L_Install.exe
You may use any option during the install (eg 32 bit/64 bit/ANSI/Unicode)

2) Install vJoy 2.x
http://sourceforge.n...les/Beta%202.x/
Note, if you had UJR 1.x installed, you will need to remove vJoy 1.x and install vJoy 2.x
You will need to reboot to enter Test Mode, then vJoy will install before windows comes back up fully.

3) Extract the contents of the UJR ZIP and double-click ujr.ahk
Note: ujr.ahk needs the contents of the "vJoyLib" folder, so do not separate ujr.ahk and the vJoyLib folder!
You can always drag a shortcut to ujr.ahk anywhere you like though.

#23 Hammerhai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:12 AM

Thx for the effort you put in.

#24 Z3R0115

• PipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:22 AM

Well then I'm just retartedly derping and thank you very much!

#25 juxstapo

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,683 posts
  • Locationmy Tier is bigger than yours.

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:19 PM

. . .

I love you man

srrsly; my wife bought me an x52 pro as a gift! (My wife kicks arse). And was kinda sorta wondering (not real hard, just casually), why, if I liked it so much, didn't I ever use it? (Answer; Because the #$&^$# .cfg file tweaks don't like me!!)

Edited by juxstapo, 03 February 2013 - 02:20 PM.

#26 xAdrian

Rookie

• 1 posts
  • LocationNew Zealand

Posted 03 February 2013 - 06:34 PM

Hi Just want to say thanks for this. I've been using PPjoy and Glovepie for years and its always been a struggle with ppjoy not being ID#1 and other problems. Then I this pops up and its perfect, does everything I wanted.

Thank you so very much, do you have a donate button or a Paypal address? this is the sort of software that I want to pay for :P

#27 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:09 AM

Much as I appreciate the offer, it's cool.
I am trying to get multiple hat switch support going, but AFAIK AutoHotkey does not support detection of multiple hats.
I think it is technically possible, but maybe a little out of my ability (Dll calls and such) so if I need to ply someone with alcohol to make this a reality, I may well direct donations in that direction...

#28 Mendon

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:21 AM

evilC, UJR is awesome! Thank you for putting the time and effort in. My ancient *** Sidewinder Pro is ready to rock and roll again, with inverted Y axis, just like I've used to play every Mech game to date. Time to turn up the MW2: Mercenaries soundtrack and tag a Jenner with my PPC's.

Keep the peace,
-Mendon

#29 Jreyy Randor

• PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 13 February 2013 - 07:01 PM

Total newcomer to scripting/autohotkey, once I make changes to UJR, how do I save them?

#30 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 14 February 2013 - 03:14 AM

ujr.ahk is the main file with all my code in.
If you edit that text file, you are customizing ujr.

If UJR is running (Little green H in system tray), you need to restart the script in order for changes to take effect.
Either right click the icon in the system tray and select "Reload this script" or click the "Reload" button in the top right of the UJR UI window.

If you make any changes that do not break the existing functionality, but adds more, please let me know and I am happy to add it to the main branch.

#31 JimTheRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 04:08 AM

I don't suppose you could work in scaling sensitivity, for this?

I'm having the devil of a time with another game (Planetside 2) which has _messed up_ joystick controls for flight. I think it'd really help if I could push my stick 0-25% left, and get 0-15% input, push 25-50% left get 15-50% input, etcetera.

Or is that already a feature? I installed it and gave it a try, but couldn't find it. (Also leaving my windows installation in 'testing mode' felt weird, so I wound up uninstalling things. But I am perfectly willing to reinstall/poke around/experiment!)

#32 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:19 AM

View PostLevesque, on 22 February 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:

I don't suppose you could work in scaling sensitivity, for this?

I'm having the devil of a time with another game (Planetside 2) which has _messed up_ joystick controls for flight. I think it'd really help if I could push my stick 0-25% left, and get 0-15% input, push 25-50% left get 15-50% input, etcetera.

Or is that already a feature? I installed it and gave it a try, but couldn't find it. (Also leaving my windows installation in 'testing mode' felt weird, so I wound up uninstalling things. But I am perfectly willing to reinstall/poke around/experiment!)

It is a feature I want to implement, but it is not quite so easy as it may first appear.

Please see my post on the vJoystick forums for a full explanation.

It's not so much the maths of remapping the scale, as how to make a GUI (With AHK's limited GUI features) that allows one to configure such a setup.

If you can think of how to implement this (ie what maths to use, and how to allow the user to enter the various variables) then I am all ears.

#33 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:39 AM

Hmm, I think i may have stumbled upon what I need.

http://www.chiefdelp...dia/papers/2421

So it look like with these equations, we would only need one text box where you could input a value from 0 to 1 and that would generate different sensitivity curves.

#34 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:00 PM

3.1 is up with a sensitivity setting for each axis.
Try it out and tell me what you think

#35 JimTheRat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 132 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:40 PM

@.@

This is veeeeery close to being something AMAZING.

The new sensitivity thing is effectively _exactly_ what I've been looking for, and some initial tweaking has produced VERY promising results in a space fight slim.

... Please do keep working on this and looking into different ways of doing the curves, I have a creeping feeling that if you get this right it's going to be entirely possible to use a stick to aim very, very effectively.

You are doing MAD AWESOME THINGS.

#36 Attackmack

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 12:59 PM

evilC you are great!
this has almost let me use the g940 for some older games, almost!

POV-hats, will they make an appearance?

#37 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 28 February 2013 - 02:24 AM

View PostAttackmack, on 27 February 2013 - 12:59 PM, said:

POV-hats, will they make an appearance?

Unfortunately there are limitations on this for now.
AutoHotkey is unable to recognise more than one POV hat, so multi-hat support is going to be problematic. It is potentially possible using DLL calls, but I do not have a multi-hat stick to test.

I am looking at re-writing UJR as a C++ app, which would probably alleviate the problem.

However, you are right, I really should get off my *** and at least add support for one hat.

#38 Oy of MidWorld

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 607 posts
  • LocationEutin Prime, -222.66:151.22

Posted 01 March 2013 - 04:02 PM

Great job man!

Actually this should be stickied.

Edited by Oy of MidWorld, 01 March 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#39 CyBerkut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts
  • LocationSomewhere north of St. Petersburg

Posted 02 March 2013 - 07:17 AM

View PostevilC, on 28 February 2013 - 02:24 AM, said:

I am looking at re-writing UJR as a C++ app, which would probably alleviate the problem.

If you can get rid of the need for messing around with TEST mode in Win 7 x64, then that would be very nice!

#40 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 02 March 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostCyBerkut, on 02 March 2013 - 07:17 AM, said:

If you can get rid of the need for messing around with TEST mode in Win 7 x64, then that would be very nice!

That is a limitation of vJoystick, not UJR. vJoy needs a driver to create a virtual device, and win7 x64 requires "signed" drivers - these are digitally signed by a trusted authority and they charge for this service, and it isn't cheap.
UJR is not inherently linked to vJoystick however, if there were another virtual joystick app with an API, it would potentially be possible to make UJR work with that.
Apart from that, I wouldn't freak out about test mode. Test mode is just "Allow unsigned drivers" mode - as long as you have good AV and are careful, you should be OK. If in doubt, you could always turn off test mode whenever there is a chance some bit of dodgy software may install a malicious driver.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users