'insanity Wolf' Builds.

75 replies to this topic

#1 So who took Pilot Name as a name

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationthe other side

Posted 18 January 2013 - 02:06 AM

Got a fetish suicidal build so bad you know it would make the n00best of PUG hate you for it? Post it here without shame! Now this isn't a ''worst build'' contest, where you end up taking a shot at said ''worst build'' once, it's about a build you think is downright LOCO yet STILL play it!

I'll start:

Posted Image

Yep, even bought another 4P just for the occasion.

I REGRET NOTHING!!1

I honestly never had the chance to properly test this guy out though since, I think either our team (of PUGs) was what made it win or lose matches when I tried it out. For example, last match I just did I didn't end up doing much damage, but got a win after all with 2 kills and 2 assists. Nothing major, but nothing to overlook either... especially given the build. SO. SLOW. Good Assault-class training, I tell ya that!

A well focused 54 dmg Alpha to the FACE in 1 second will get a kill or a kill assist fast enough. Still, as a result, since I do surgical strikes most of the time, this ends up affecting my overall total damage done. Hey, I guess it's all a matter of doing damage where it counts and dropping a mech fast rather than doing a lot of damage over ''everything ever'' only to end up not dropping the mech!

#2 Captain Pancakes

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 01 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

I once put an LRM15 in the NARC slot of a Raven-3L. It was glorious.

#3 CECILOFS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 01:32 AM

BEHOLD "CYCLONE" IN ALL ITS GLORY!!

4 LRM-20 Stalker 5S

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...e9759d7171f3c72

I only do this for lols. Lols are definately had when you 1 shot someone ;)

Edited by CECILOFS, 02 February 2013 - 01:33 AM.

#4 Kakela

• Pip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 14 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationGoose Creek, SC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:01 AM

Atlas AS7-RS, confidential build for the most part, otherwise you'd beat me with it. X Engine, X Heatsinks, X AMS, 4 ER PPC's and 1 Guass. I can get two alphas off before I shut down. 110 Damage to a mech in the course of 4 seconds. Also, I'm a head hunter.

P.S. I Only Alpha.

AWS-8Q, because the letter Q is badass. 6 ER PPC's. Yes.

Edited by Kakela, 02 February 2013 - 04:01 AM.

#5 1453 R

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 5,458 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 04:54 AM

That Hunchback made me cry. Whether they were tears of shame or admiration, I honestly do not know. You totally need to swap those for ER lasers, though. Shut down after every salvo, but hell with it! Core those heavies with a single shot before they even see you!

#6 Stingz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,159 posts
  • Location*SIGNAL LOST*

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:00 PM

Marauder II "Bounty Hunter", IS version [Link]
If I ever get bored of MWO, I'll probably be using this until I can afford a STD 325/350/360.

Edited by Stingz, 02 February 2013 - 03:15 PM.

#7 So who took Pilot Name as a name

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationthe other side

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:01 PM

View PostCaptain Pancakes, on 01 February 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

I can imagine the confusion as they'd see all those missiles coming out of ''seemingly nowhere''.

View PostCECILOFS, on 02 February 2013 - 01:32 AM, said:

4 LRM-20 Stalker 5S

I only do this for lols. Lols are definitely had when you 1 shot someone :)

I bet I encountered something like that once. It killed me pretty fast.

View PostKakela, on 02 February 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

P.S. I Only Alpha.

Yeah, what I like about my ''wolf'' is that I can alpha... then chain fire a couple times to finish him off without overheating!

Or, of course, Alpha as soon as I can;
overkill the poor soul in front of me;
shutdown for like 20 seconds;
likely get killed off bits by bits AND/OR
melt to death if I try to override shutdown.
Posted Image

View Post1453 R, on 02 February 2013 - 04:54 AM, said:

That Hunchback made me cry. Whether they were tears of shame or admiration, I honestly do not know. You totally need to swap those for ER lasers, though. Shut down after every salvo, but hell with it! Core those heavies with a single shot before they even see you!

Funny little fact about this build: it originally started with 6xER LL. I just couldn't stand melting in one spot after each shot, so I figured ''meh, I'll just WALK that extra 225 meters''. I'm so slow, the party has already started by the time I drop so all I do is killsteal whatever isn't paying attention to this inconspicuous, slow & sloppy, foaming with rabies (read: Large Lasers) insanity wolf hunchie.

I did enjoy coring an Atlas in one alpha that one time. Then again, I must have shot him in the head. I don't remember, t'was a lucky shot with heat-vision on and no extra zoom level during a River City Night match. It was the only kill I got. Then I died. Horribly. Just as I walked up that broken ramp. Never should have walked up that ramp. STD 100 is not meant to brawl with. It's not meant to be used EVER, come to think of it.

Edited by So who took Pilot Name as a name, 02 February 2013 - 11:02 PM.

#8 LagomorphPrime

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 24 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:29 PM

I've been boating 6 PPC's on my Stalker 5S for a few weeks now and it's hilarious. in 3 seconds I put 120 dmg into 1 spot then shut down for over 10 seconds. The funny thing is so many people run for cover when they eat that much damage that fast (when my aim was off and it didn't kill them outright) that I survive way more shut downs than I really should. I've been in the center of firefights where I ended up shut down so long I think the other team forgot I was really alive, b/c they turned and left after my allies in the area were killed. It's silly how often I've survived my "naps" when I had no right to.

And the calls of "PPC OP! Cheater!" are like music to my ears. It really helps you see who the crybabies are.

#9 Mad Shark

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts

Posted 03 February 2013 - 09:57 AM

Death's Knell with 4 flamers and 210xl !!! It's like Firebat with Stimpack - pure fun ;)

#10 So who took Pilot Name as a name

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationthe other side

Posted 03 February 2013 - 11:18 PM

Hey guys! I got something fuuuuun and NEW! Ok, not new-new per se, I know, I mean, I've seen it on youtube somewhere as well (like, there)... but since I figured I wanted to give long distance fighting a go and wasn't satisfied with the optimal range for the PPCs, I thought ''why not go ER!''

imidiatly followed by ''why not make another 'Insanity Wolf' setup with my already-acquired HBK-4P dedicated for such madness?'' So about 3.6M Cbill later and a good 5 minutes of laughing as I'd rip pieces of its armor left and right to make it all happen... IT WAS DONE!

*ahem*

Without further ado, I present you...

The INS-WLF MkII:

Posted Image

Tested in a PUG run on Caustic where we were outmaned from the start by 2 and STILL managed to almost win it. Got away with 2 kills and 3 assists before falling. I tested what would happen if I'd Alpha when above 75% heat. I overheated for what felt like... A WHOLE MINUTE.

Edited by So who took Pilot Name as a name, 03 February 2013 - 11:23 PM.

#11 CECILOFS

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 125 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 12:46 AM

hehe now you have to master being able to blow yourself up just before the enemy kills you.

#12 Kiiyor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 5,564 posts
  • LocationSCIENCE.

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:25 AM

4 LRM-20 Stalker 5S

I only do this for lols. Lols are definately had when you 1 shot someone :D

SWEET JESUS.

TO THE MECHBAY

#13 So who took Pilot Name as a name

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationthe other side

Posted 04 February 2013 - 05:52 AM

View PostKiiyor, on 04 February 2013 - 05:25 AM, said:

4 LRM-20 Stalker 5S

I only do this for lols. Lols are definately had when you 1 shot someone :D

SWEET JESUS.

TO THE MECHBAY

Hey CECILOFS! I fixed your build! It should be safer to use now! *cough*but a bit slower*cough*

STK-5S S (the other S stands for... SPECIAL)

O and I shoved a little something in there to take care of annoying lights haha. BURN 'EM HARD!

Edited by So who took Pilot Name as a name, 04 February 2013 - 06:25 AM.

#14 parman01

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 126 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:22 AM

View PostMad Shark, on 03 February 2013 - 09:57 AM, said:

Death's Knell with 4 flamers and 210xl !!! It's like Firebat with Stimpack - pure fun :D

Too bad there's no Zerg in this game to cook. Also i suspect Firebat actually has more armor. :D

#15 Stringburka

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 597 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

View PostCaptain Pancakes, on 01 February 2013 - 10:54 PM, said:

I've been thinking of this for a trolling build, matched with a ERLL or similar long range weapon* and a tag, for irritating opponents. How did it work out? Is the timing right so that you fire constantly? That's what I'm after, and was thinking maybe a LRM-10 should be enough.

*too bad the 3L doesn't have a ballistic hardpoint - an AC2 would fit perfectly

#16 arobilla

Rookie

• The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 February 2013 - 09:06 PM

I've semi-regularly used a 1 or 2 PPC/ERPPC RVN-4X. I always imagine how surprised people must be when a little bird moves into their field of view and then strips a massive chunk of armor off of their mech when they dismiss it cause it doesn't have ECM and should have machine guns.

#17 So who took Pilot Name as a name

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 111 posts
  • Locationthe other side

Posted 05 February 2013 - 12:38 PM

View Postarobilla, on 04 February 2013 - 09:06 PM, said:

I've semi-regularly used a 1 or 2 PPC/ERPPC RVN-4X. I always imagine how surprised people must be when a little bird moves into their field of view and then strips a massive chunk of armor off of their mech when they dismiss it cause it doesn't have ECM and should have machine guns.

Man, you make me want to give that idea a shot... with a SPIDER!

#18 Aqualo

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 26 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM

View PostSo who took Pilot Name as a name, on 05 February 2013 - 12:38 PM, said:

Man, you make me want to give that idea a shot... with a SPIDER!

Been there done that :

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...5df1e80157ae857

Very very funny build to play. With JJ / 150km/h

Best sniper you can find. Not an insane alpha, but once end up a game with 900 dmg done ^.

But well you'll more likely end up with around 200 to 400 damage.

People tend to ignore you a lot, aaaand that's where it hurts them the most ;)

Edited by Aqualo, 05 February 2013 - 02:30 PM.

#19 Kommisar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 05 February 2013 - 03:19 PM

View PostKakela, on 02 February 2013 - 04:01 AM, said:

Atlas AS7-RS, confidential build for the most part, otherwise you'd beat me with it. X Engine, X Heatsinks, X AMS, 4 ER PPC's and 1 Guass. I can get two alphas off before I shut down. 110 Damage to a mech in the course of 4 seconds. Also, I'm a head hunter.

P.S. I Only Alpha.

My lancemate and I ran a pair of this build back in Closed Beta. We called them "Land Battleships Yamoto". He still has his. Now, though, he runs it and I back him up as a bodyguard.

#20 Vectos

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 3 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 06:48 PM

You could always roll a base cannon for teh lulz. http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a3ac25c3869d630

Edited by Vectos, 05 February 2013 - 06:49 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users