#21 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 12:52 PM

2x c-bill and I'll be there.
2x xp is meh.
Fix the netcode, crashing to desktop and ecm and I'll want to play again.

#22 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:22 PM

XP event is fun and it is free.
Farming the noobs with their LRM Stalkers boring. They have so much armor that I need a lot of time getting trough their armor xD
And finally we see some Ravens without ECM and with much less lagshield. Of course they are now complaining that they are vulnerable when running into 4 mechs -.-

3LRM15 and 4 MLaser on a stalker is stupid idea. Even a Wang will kick your sorry *** :huh:

#23 Jukebox1986

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 666 posts
  • LocationGermany, Niedersachsen, Göttingen

Posted 20 January 2013 - 01:47 PM

View PostLyrik, on 20 January 2013 - 01:22 PM, said:

3LRM15 and 4 MLaser on a stalker is stupid idea. Even a Wang will kick your sorry *** -_-

I drive a 4xLRM15 + 4ML Stalker and need 2-3 Salves to kill you. :huh:

#24 shotokan5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 550 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Locationvirginia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 07:26 PM

made for a great weekend. lots of players and problems of course but greatest way to fix them. the numbers should have been out of site. I hope they were. more promotions like the faster problems can be fixed.

#25 hercules1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 307 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:44 PM

View PostJanus Wealth, on 20 January 2013 - 08:59 AM, said:

QFT.

XP are very useless. The little bit extra to the GXP are not worth playing this so called "event". 1,5x to 2,0x C-Bills would have been much better. What do i do with the 100k XP on some of my variants?

U use mc and convert it to gxp so u can unlock modules or just blast through mechs u don't like.

#26 Rejarial Galatan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts
  • LocationOutter Periphery

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:51 PM

View Posthercules1981, on 20 January 2013 - 08:44 PM, said:

U use mc and convert it to gxp so u can unlock modules or just blast through mechs u don't like.

this is fine IF you are willing to dump real cash into leveling. For those of us, who are trying to NOT dump a single MC into this vast ocean of XP, XP is very very useful, but very slow going. See, I have 20k MC and have not, nor do I intend on spending a single 1 of those MC on anything inner sphere related. Why? Because I have been forced by any number of companies to produce and release a mechwarrior title <this is POST GHOST BEAR mind you> into piloting IS mechs as an IS pilot. My first love and ONLY love is Clan Wolf <the canon and LORE Clan Wolf and its totem Mech: TIMBER WOLF> and am desperately saving my MC in the potentially vein hope that this game lives long enough to not only see the Clans smash into the IS in march, but to be able to play as them. They need more ways to gain XP, or, keep the ways we have now, but reward higher XP for things or flat out just use a SINGLE XP type, but this whole: if I get say 1,000 MXP I get like 10 GXP is grossly under paid to be blunt.

#27 Tanara

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:15 PM

Galatan, I do respect your view on not wanting/going to pay for this game.
That does not contribute to the game development, though.

In my opinion, this MechXP-to-GXP-conversion-fee is an excellent idea for micro-payment. The game publisher and developers need some money to make the game, and make it great. The development will stop if the income potentia doesn't seem to be there. It has to be sown in to the game somehow, and I think this XP-conversion is one of the good ways.

That is why I think I'm going to put a few euros more to this game and get some decent modules soon :(

Ps. didn't have much combat-time this weekend and missed a lot of XP .. =(

#28 Tynam

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 15 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

View PostTanara, on 20 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

Since Galatan has MC, he's contributed plenty to game development. It makes perfect sense for a Clan player to refrain from using it until the Clans show up. The 25-to-1 MC/xp conversion seems nice, but by the time you've unlocked an entire variant you don't want, it's not cheap - comparable to the cost of several repaints. (And I've not been buying repaints, because at per-mech unlocks they're way overpriced. 250 for four more colours across the board, I would pay happily. Until then... green it is.)

#29 Flapman

Rookie

• 9 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:47 AM

Was a fun weekend!!

#30 Sen

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 757 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 21 January 2013 - 06:52 AM

Two and a half days of binge gaming has left me feeling like I've been run over by a Stalker. . but oh man I got so much done ^^ Great promo PGI, let's do it again sometime ;)

#31 Chaldon

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 176 posts
  • LocationLeft behind as a smoking ruin on Tukayyid

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 PM

XP was great to master out a few mechs but the weekend should have been to celebrate something like a release of the rumored giant desert map.

#32 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 08:46 PM

View PostTanara, on 20 January 2013 - 10:15 PM, said:

In my opinion, this MechXP-to-GXP-conversion-fee is an excellent idea for micro-payment. The game publisher and developers need some money to make the game, and make it great. The development will stop if the income potentia doesn't seem to be there. It has to be sown in to the game somehow, and I think this XP-conversion is one of the good ways.

That is why I think I'm going to put a few euros more to this game and get some decent modules soon :)

Ps. didn't have much combat-time this weekend and missed a lot of XP .. =(

IF we had the Clans as playable factions, i would be all over dumping my 20,000 MC into speeding my way through the grind, but, as we do not, I cannot. The GXP grind in and of itself is slower than continental drift, they should just do away with GXP and make it all MXP period. I am all for paying a MT for shots and giggles, you should see my STO account, alot of fluffy junk there from MT's, such as, well, half of my usable ships, many uniforms and so on. BUT, right now, this game is on life support and has a GCS of 3, and is nearly brain dead as it is. Until a lot of things are fixed and stable, the 60 bucks they got from me back when Founders went on sale, is all they get from me. However, some things that are turning me off THIS game's MT are the rent-a-paint jobs, and well, the pitifully slow GXP grind...

#33 POWR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 553 posts
  • LocationAarhus, Denmark

Posted 22 January 2013 - 12:27 AM

Good event, hope to see more like it :)

#34 Cache

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 746 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 03:47 PM

This was an outstanding event and I hope to see it again in the future (when I have more new chassis to level up ;) ). I brought 5 new Mechs up to elite, mastered a couple, and unlocked the remaining modules. I know a few people who found new Mechs they love while buying and leveling everything they could afford. THANK YOU!

#35 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:43 AM

I'm not complaining about double XP but ...

Why only do it in mad rushes at the weekends. Why not follow the WOT pattern of the first victory of each day for each Mech being double XP and double C-bills.

This would encourage people to log on every day, It would also encourage multiple mechs, and would NOT put strain on the servers at busy weekend times.

Rick

#36 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:54 AM

View PostWoodstock, on 25 January 2013 - 03:43 AM, said:

I'm not complaining about double XP but ...

Why only do it in mad rushes at the weekends. Why not follow the WOT pattern of the first victory of each day for each Mech being double XP and double C-bills.

This would encourage people to log on every day, It would also encourage multiple mechs, and would NOT put strain on the servers at busy weekend times.

Rick

QFT

#37 Woodstock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 1,166 posts
  • LocationKrakow

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:45 AM

QFT?

#38 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2013 - 05:12 AM

View PostWoodstock, on 25 January 2013 - 04:45 AM, said:

QFT?

Quoted For Truth = "This." or "Nothing to add". :D

#39 Rejarial Galatan

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 4,312 posts

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:38 PM

double xp is meaningless when it amounts to barely any gains or more importantly when there is very little real incentive to play a game that is nothing more than the same 4-5 maps and the SAME exact thing time and time again.

#40 Ragor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 852 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:37 PM

View PostRejarial Galatan, on 25 January 2013 - 03:38 PM, said:

double xp is meaningless when it amounts to barely any gains or more importantly when there is very little real incentive to play a game that is nothing more than the same 4-5 maps and the SAME exact thing time and time again.

Does your statement regarding wip content has anything to do with the pros and cons of double XP events VS. double XP @first victory of the day/variant?

No? Fine, I got it right then.
Yes? Please elaborate. I really don't get it.

Edit:
... or just trolling? GJ then, you got me.

Edited by Ragor, 25 January 2013 - 04:40 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users