LtKickass, on 20 January 2013 - 04:08 AM, said:
When ECM came out I stopped playing, but another patch came out so I thought I would check it out. Now correct me if I’m wrong but MechWarrior is meant to be a tactical simulation. WTF has happened to my beloved MechWarrior!
My tactical choices:
- Now that ECM seems to be standard, missiles are out. If you have a high ping the lag shield means ballistics are out, so I can have lasers.
- Should I take a light or heavy? If you don’t have a team to back you up you are fubar. Lights will pull you to pieces.
Let’s look at my Simulation Options:
- My stuff gets repaired even if I do crap.
- I make money every time I loose.
- My Radar doesn’t work because everyone has ECM.
- I can’t find my enemies weak spots because I can’t lock targets with ECM.
So basically this is a light mech Laser FPS, with shields. While teams might be able to benefit from some of the other options, I’m willing to wager that new comes don’t stay very long. I just don’t understand how this game has become a pale shadow of what it used to be.
Is there anything on the horizon that is going to save this game?
I am playing my LRM15 CPLT-1c (f) when i need money.
I got 2x LRM 15 Artemis, 4 Jumpjets, 3 Meds, 1 Tag, 360 Degree advanced locking range, BaP 4 JJ.
And i am mostly one of the top best players, only when a raven decides to play the WHOLE GAME with me then i am in Trouble... then i lure him away from the Combat and keep him busy, with my Back to the Wall as you always should be against such Folks.
Capture lock will be next module installed on him.
And then i still got one slot free for the next modules.
Paul already said that there will be at least another Module to counter ECM.
After that they will look into if ECM needs fixing.
Now you got two Modules to counter ECM together with Tag they work. (fast lock and capture lock)
for LRM at least.
For the Aiming at critical zones: when you are brawling you get them as it allows locking at 180 Meters, simply remember where he was weak then you can shot him, works at least for me when i was leveling my Phracts, Dragons and Hunchbacks...
Edited by Elkarlo, 20 January 2013 - 04:57 AM.