Something Different

5 replies to this topic

#1 Dovvol

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 119 posts

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:02 AM

While I will agree there are bugs in this game, I do believe they are working to fix them. I'm sure the net code isn't just a couple hundred lines they have to go through. They have different teams to do different aspects of the game and it takes time for each part to get tested and implemented. Just cause they say something will be in game by a certain time, doesn't mean they aren't going to run into a problem before it goes live. Better communication from somebody on the Dev team would no doubt be awesome and I'll agree the communication is a bit.... lacking. Different processes take different amounts of time to get ready. The more detailed, the longer the time frame.

With that being said, if all of you people out there have so many issues with the game, why not go make your own? See how fast you can get things implemented in your game with no bugs, or balancing issues, or any other problems. I mean, since you must know everything about programming, it should be a piece of cake, right?

Every game on the market right now has some sort of bugs. Especially if it is in its early stages. I remember World of Warcraft having so many balance issues and bugs when it went live, yet look how big that game is and how many people still play it. Everquest was another one that had so many issues with it, yet people still play that.

Do things in MW:O need fixed? Yes they do. Will there ever be a day where everything will be perfect? No way in h-ll. I enjoy the game as is, When they fix bugs and work on some other issues, it will do nothing but get better. But so many people are NOW,NOW,NOW with no regards to how long it actually takes to find the issue, work on the issue, and test the fix.

ECM is not unbeatable as so many people say. LRMS are not OP if you know how to use cover. Does it suck to have to lead a light so much? Yeah, but that will never change no matter what they do to the net code. Internet connections will always affect that.

I give kudos to the people that work their buts off to try and improve this game. It's not an easy task to do with all the negativity that flows through these forums. I sure wouldn't want to deal with it.

But this is just my 2 cents. I'm sure this thread will get the usual "They've been working on it for this long so they should fix it now" remarks, so go ahead, say what you want. In my mind, the game is great but still needs some work, as it always will need work. But for now, I'm going to enjoy the game and have fun playing it because nothing in this game is bad enough to stress out about as so many people do. (I picture some of these people raging so much they pop a vein or just keel over cause their heart or head exploded)

#2 M0oP0o

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta In a little place called Canada

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:03 AM

We would make our own, but we don't own the MW rights.

And to put in years of work only to be [REDACTED] would suck.

#3 The Cheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationMelbourne, Australia

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:07 AM

You're not the first person to say this, and you won't be the last.

Some people are more patient then others. That's how people are. Some people are still waiting patiently. Some people have lost patience waiting for these promised changes to see daylight. You've lost patience with the other impatient people.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I lost my train of thought after saying "patient" too many times.

Edited by The Cheese, 21 January 2013 - 12:08 AM.

#4 GalaxyBluestar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,748 posts
  • Location...

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:34 AM

View PostThe Cheese, on 21 January 2013 - 12:07 AM, said:

You're not the first person to say this, and you won't be the last.

Some people are more patient then others. That's how people are. Some people are still waiting patiently. Some people have lost patience waiting for these promised changes to see daylight. You've lost patience with the other impatient people.

I'm not sure where I'm going with this. I lost my train of thought after saying "patient" too many times.

i know exactly what your saying i feel terrible for pgi when i see threads like this pop up.

http://mwomercs.com/...ady-to-give-up/

this isn't a game and i know that's what everyone wants it to be. it's really a work in progress and after a few months i'm beggining to understand the kinda timeframe we're dealing with, we may get CW a month or two before christmas, we may see clan mechs next year, that's where i would set my sights, this year will mostly be netcode, server upgrades, maps, modules, mechs within the innersphere refinements. that's what i'd put my money on for this year. if we get CW even in a stupid cheap form before august i'd be amazed. that's the reality of this project, a small team of pop bottle rocket enthusiasts trying to conqure galaxys. that's the size of it. it's going to take a while.

#5 Lynette Steffeld

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 240 posts
  • LocationSomewhere with irregular bus times

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:46 AM

I look at the threads on the front page and

half the time I can only say

"Is there really a need for all these posts on the same few issues?"

Then I realize I am responding to one and

I die a little bit inside.

TLDR: It's not so bad, some people think it is, some people think it's not. Subjectivity, postmodern end, etc.

#6 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:47 AM

View PostDovvol, on 21 January 2013 - 12:02 AM, said:

While I will agree there are bugs in this game, I do believe they are working to fix them. I'm sure the net code isn't just a couple hundred lines they have to go through. They have different teams to do different aspects of the game and it takes time for each part to get tested and implemented. Just cause they say something will be in game by a certain time, doesn't mean they aren't going to run into a problem before it goes live. Better communication from somebody on the Dev team would no doubt be awesome and I'll agree the communication is a bit.... lacking. Different processes take different amounts of time to get ready. The more detailed, the longer the time frame.

With that being said, if all of you people out there have so many issues with the game, why not go make your own? See how fast you can get things implemented in your game with no bugs, or balancing issues, or any other problems. I mean, since you must know everything about programming, it should be a piece of cake, right?

Every game on the market right now has some sort of bugs. Especially if it is in its early stages. I remember World of Warcraft having so many balance issues and bugs when it went live, yet look how big that game is and how many people still play it. Everquest was another one that had so many issues with it, yet people still play that.

Do things in MW:O need fixed? Yes they do. Will there ever be a day where everything will be perfect? No way in h-ll. I enjoy the game as is, When they fix bugs and work on some other issues, it will do nothing but get better. But so many people are NOW,NOW,NOW with no regards to how long it actually takes to find the issue, work on the issue, and test the fix.

ECM is not unbeatable as so many people say. LRMS are not OP if you know how to use cover. Does it suck to have to lead a light so much? Yeah, but that will never change no matter what they do to the net code. Internet connections will always affect that.

I give kudos to the people that work their buts off to try and improve this game. It's not an easy task to do with all the negativity that flows through these forums. I sure wouldn't want to deal with it.

But this is just my 2 cents. I'm sure this thread will get the usual "They've been working on it for this long so they should fix it now" remarks, so go ahead, say what you want. In my mind, the game is great but still needs some work, as it always will need work. But for now, I'm going to enjoy the game and have fun playing it because nothing in this game is bad enough to stress out about as so many people do. (I picture some of these people raging so much they pop a vein or just keel over cause their heart or head exploded)

So is this a repeat of when Garth asked me to show him my game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users