Stalker Stk-3F Rebuild Questions

10 replies to this topic

#1 KangaRoop

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:37 AM

I have a 6 PPC Stalker (4 PPC's and 2 ER PPC's) but it's just not working out for me. I'll soften up some targets for my team but end up dying and getting a few assists but rarely any kills.

So, anybody have an opnion on a rebuild? I need something for close-combat, as currently I'm reduced to my 2 ER PPC's. I guess what I'm trying to say is I want to start acting like an assault-mech and do as much damage as possible at medium to short range. Or you can change my mind, completely.

Also, I'm still a newb to MWO and just recently bought some MC for Premium. I have $4000 at the moment. Anything I can use it for that will increase my survival percentage?

#2 Loc Nar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,132 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 09:53 AM

Here's my favorite loadout for my 3F

When exploring builds, DHS a must, but endo or FF on a stalker burns up slots you can't afford to waste (pretty much all assaults really).

Erppc would dilute this mech badly. Either make a long range platform or a short range one, but if you try both you won't be effective at either and there are better ways to spend 14 tons.

#3 KangaRoop

Rookie

• 7 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 10:07 AM

View PostLoc Nar, on 20 January 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

When exploring builds, DHS a must, but endo or FF on a stalker burns up slots you can't afford to waste (pretty much all assaults really).

Erppc would dilute this mech badly. Either make a long range platform or a short range one, but if you try both you won't be effective at either and there are better ways to spend 14 tons.

Thanks for the input. That build looks quite worthy of consideration.

#4 Selfish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationFlorida.

Posted 20 January 2013 - 03:02 PM

This is what I use in my 3F.

This is by far my favorite 3F build. I originally theorycrafted it before the STK release expecting it'd need a lot of tweaks come testing, but it's come into its own. Like any stalker, if you can manage your heat it's a damn monster. I think you'd enjoy it since you seem lax on giving up those PPC's. I've made two videos showing its playstyle / weapon management. Build in the 5S (first day of STK release), build in the 3F (Solo PUG/montage).

Edited by Selfish, 20 January 2013 - 03:03 PM.

#5 Krazy Kat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:13 PM

View PostLoc Nar, on 20 January 2013 - 09:53 AM, said:

I'm going to try this one out. Thanks.

<Edit> I tried it out with a few personal tweaks. It is a beast!

Edited by Krazy Kat, 22 January 2013 - 05:11 PM.

#6 Loc Nar

• 1,132 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 04:39 PM

Thanks for the input. That build looks quite worthy of consideration.

I'm going to try this one out. Thank

Thanks guys, if you find it to be as beast as I do, check out what happens when you apply the same treatment to a 5M. Damage goes up and heat goes down. That extra launcher allows the 5th MLas to be swapped for SRMs which has a better damage/heat ratio. Still plenty ammo and an AMS too.

4Mlas leaves the critical ones on the arms. Tip: when the lights start in with you, use the MLas on chainfire. You can hold a continuous uninterrupted beam without your heat rising, as if you were firing TAG. They either go away or melt, cause you can hold it as long as needed. Same for the SP for that matter... both have excellent convergence owing to being in the arms.

I've gotten really used to working the <300m range with MLas/SRM combos, so it makes it easier switch my brawler STKs to my HBK-4SP, or my new 'Pocket SP' who's name shall not be uttered on these moderated forums :)

#7 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:07 PM

The thing about a 6 PPC stalker is you really need to pick your shots because it is not a one shot kill (OSK) build, and it will heat stroke easily. Stay at the periphery of the battle and cycle through targets and look at their health %. Shoot anyone who has health <40% for a good chance of a OSK. Your teammates may hate you for kill stealing though.

#8 Bennz

• PipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 33 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:40 PM

my 3f STK-3F

Edited by Bennz, 20 January 2013 - 08:40 PM.

#9 RFMarine

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 202 posts
  • LocationPhilippines

Posted 20 January 2013 - 08:57 PM

4-6 large lasers or 4 large pulse lasers might be good for a brawler stalker although the stalker has limited left-right torso twist which seriously gimps it

#10 Ewigan

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,168 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:24 AM

my 3F runs with:

2 ER PPC
2 Med Laser
2 SRM6+Artemis

Works pretty well. :(

#11 Tenri

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 101 posts
  • LocationTSF

Posted 21 January 2013 - 12:45 AM

Stnd 300,
2x LL in T,
4x SL in arms
2x SRM4 in arms
2x SRM6 in T
As many DHS you can fit!
Plus optional AMS
Armor max in everything but the legs.
Nice brawling mech with some long range weapons for when you're closing the gap!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users