So I'm here to pull you all down from high orbit and ground your expectations. Welcome to reality.
What is definitely NOT coming:
- A Tuesday Patch. Yes that's right, patch has been delayed until Wednesday. Garth said on the No Guts No Galaxy podcast it would be delayed a day. (I don't think it was a joke.)
- No new map. Next map will be the Alpine Map scheduled for February.
- No Machine Gun change: Not until at least January 29th, but probably later.
- No Flamer/LBX change.
- No ECM change. PGI has said they are going to do some tweaking of ECM, but they want to get it right so they are still working on this. DO NOT EXPECT ECM CHANGES FOR AT LEAST A MONTH. (probably longer)
- Collisions: Not until they fix netcode.
- 12v12: Not until they fix netcode enough to handle 8 more players.
- No new mech. Trebuchet is scheduled for late February. (But there is a hero mech coming)
- Matchmaking Phase 3. They have been eerily silent since they laid out the description, which makes me nervous. Usually for a major feature like this game companies will shout it to the high heaven the second they get a solid date. The fact that they are being quiet about it lately makes me think something happened. Something serious that is causing other stuff to get delayed. If you don't see anything about this tomorrow, I wouldn't get your hopes up for it coming this week.
- PPC/ER-PPC balance. From everything I've read it sounds like they are taking another look at them after they were initially just going to reduce the heat. Expect more time for discussing, tweaking, testing, discussing, and then finally releasing. However, they may be further along than I realize.
- Modules. They seem to be the one content addition PGI sometimes throws in without any announcement. So you never know. However, considering we got two new ones last week, I would say the odds are against them this week.
Sorry for being a downer...