Adridos, on 06 June 2012 - 03:08 AM, said:
1) That has nothing to do with Sun Tzu being spared by Candace.
2) As I previously said, you won't murder a child that did nothing to you if you have just a bit of humanity in yourself. Kuritans probably lack that (at least their leaders).
3) It was actually a warrior house that helped here get in and out. They knew Confederatin would be doomed if left under Romano's rule.
4) The fact about St. Ives is that when he forced it back into Confederation, he didn't execute Candace. He left here the rule and even gave her a home in the palace on Sian. Other rulers would have stripped her of power right away to secure the rulership over the people there and then kill her, not let her rule and invite her to sit next to them.
5) Candace couldn't possibly know the impact of her decision, but well...
6) Kai? If Davions attacked St. Ives, he would be the one stabbing her on spot. And both she and Sun Tzu knew that he would never want to claim the throne and that Capellans ould never allow him to do so, either.
1) Why was he spared? It still doesn't make any sense. She was too lazy to rule? She thought some kid would somehow by a better fit than herself? Come on, if she seized the throne she could have said whatever she wanted to the people, and they would have followed. You are leaving a kid to the internal politics of the Confederation? How many enemies do you think his mother made? Not to mention she just murdered his mom AND dad. Be cool kid, I'm giving you the throne, just had to murder your parents. Hope you don't have any animosity.
2) Oh come on now, since when? It isn't about what the kid DID to you, it is what the kid a) represents b] what the kid could do to you in the future c) could the kid comeback to kill you.
3) I highly doubt it was JUST a warrior house. House Imarra and Ion Rush if I remember correctly, but she still had to get on a ton of dropships, sneak into Sian and kill both Tsen Shang and Romano, and it isn't like she just knocked. Either House Imarra is infinitely more powerful than I remember or there were other forces at play. Not to mention all it takes is one warrior house to be able to assassinate the leader of the confederation? Yikes!
4) Oh please! Hey, he didn't execute Candace out of the goodness of his heart because he didn't want a Rasalhague district/constant rebellion of his own. "Hey, I made war on your people and country, destroyed lives, ruined much, but I left you alive! You can thank me later!" Not to mention he kept her hostage after basically. Yeah, that decision to not kill him really played out well. Kai could have died in that war. What then? Oops! Sorry son, I screwed up!
5) Really? Candace couldn't put a little forethought into it? Hmmm....yes......could this come back to haunt me in anyway? Will he just allow to breakaway and not possibly attack in the future? Come on.
6) Huh? Kai would have stabbed Canadace? Kai doesn't have to WANT to take the throne, he just has to exist to be a threat to it. By being alive, he is a threat to the throne and Sun-Tzu's rule. As for your last point, Capellans follow. If Kai came in murdered Sun-Tzu, took the throne, there would be some media spin and some explanation of how Sun-Tzu was crazy/planning to betray the people, etc. The truth is whatever who in charge says it is.
Edited by Stern ES, 01 July 2012 - 06:58 AM.