41 replies to this topic

#21 Nick Makiaveli

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:14 PM

I wouldn't hold your breath on too many more invites going out. The more they let in, the less people who will buy the Founder packs to get beta access.

Moron disclaimer:
Not saying they aren't a good deal etc. I am saying some will buy it to get the access. If they get in early.....think it through.

#22 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

I don't see any sarcasm in the post, but I do see a person who loves to over-analyze a quote! ;)

It's understandable from Bryan's POV that they want to ensure first of all that the server's performance scales well and can handle the 1000 user load. It also gives them an ability to ensure that content delivery is working (ie, when a user logs in, it forces the latest client to be downloaded, so that all clients are running on the latest pushed build)

With these metrics, they can ensure that the backend runs smoothly so they can determine if they feel like releasing another 1000 keys, 500, or quite possibly, none.

It also lets them test whatever system they have in place in order to report issues. It could be as advanced as an in-game system to capture crashes, allow bug reporting, auto snapshot videos/pictures, etc. to as simple as requesting the users make semi-structured posts on a hidden Beta Users forum on this board.

The Trials, they are a-goin.

#23 PermaHexx

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:22 PM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 26 May 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

I wouldn't hold your breath on too many more invites going out. The more they let in, the less people who will buy the Founder packs to get beta access.

Moron disclaimer:
Not saying they aren't a good deal etc. I am saying some will buy it to get the access. If they get in early.....think it through.

The sooner I get into beta the more likely I will go with the $60 pre-order. I think the game will rock but I can't pay that much unless I am sure. If I do not get in I will still go for the $40 price point because that is less of a gamble.

Edited by PermaHexx, 26 May 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#24 phinja

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 346 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

Ha, i got a good laugh out of that nice bit of joking.

#25 Agent KI7KO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:27 PM

View PostSuckyJack, on 26 May 2012 - 10:35 AM, said:

I think the "In a few days" is more of a reference of "After our server hamsters die of exhaustion we will upgrade to gerbils to handle the new load."

I'm sorry, but nothing beats Roborovski Hamsters for sheer power output, they can easily reach speeds of 6mph.

#26 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:35 PM

Thanks for the answers on Memorial Day weekend.

#27 killenbigbugs

• PipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 24 posts
  • LocationDawson creek BC, CANADA!!!!!!!~

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:37 PM

has any one talked to anyone about getting or knows any one who got the beta ? or are they juts busy playing it

#28 Agent KI7KO

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 300 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:39 PM

View Postkillenbigbugs, on 26 May 2012 - 04:37 PM, said:

has any one talked to anyone about getting or knows any one who got the beta ? or are they juts busy playing it

I'm sorry but NDA means they can't even tell you they are in beta.

Even if I did talk to someone in the beta I wouldn't tell you.

...actually, if I did have the beta I would still tell you I don't know anyone in the beta.

#29 PermaHexx

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:40 PM

NDA. If they tell you about it they can be banned.

#30 HoochDealer

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 43 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:44 PM

Me thinks thou does fear the ban hammer too much.

Edited by HoochDealer, 26 May 2012 - 04:59 PM.

#31 flying1ace

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 165 posts
  • LocationUnknown. But probably on the computer.

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:52 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 26 May 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Just a bit curious.. what is Memorial Day weekend? I gathered its some kind of holiday.

ITS THE QUEENS BIRTHDAY!!!!!

#32 Aegis Kleais

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 6,003 posts

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:53 PM

View PostHoochDealer, on 26 May 2012 - 04:44 PM, said:

Me thinks thou does fear the ban hammer to much.

Me thinks thou art not knowing the difference between 'to' and 'too'.

Ye Olde Burn! ;)

#33 PermaHexx

• Pip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 14 posts
  • LocationGreenville, SC

Posted 26 May 2012 - 04:57 PM

View Postflying1ace, on 26 May 2012 - 04:52 PM, said:

ITS THE QUEENS BIRTHDAY!!!!!

Oprah?

#34 The Real Tsavo

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 28 posts
  • LocationForest Grove, OR

Posted 26 May 2012 - 05:36 PM

View PostTarellond, on 26 May 2012 - 10:04 AM, said:

Glad to hear it! Another 1:100 chance for me to get in.

Yeah, I've already invented a cloning machine to increase my chances! (Kidding admins, only kidding) But seriously, I do have my browser set permanently on this site. Every time I even go remotely near my computer, I'm checking my status. In the meantime, i've been organizing my friends into a decent unit. We're practicing on MW4 Mercenaries as I type this.

#35 Alfred VonGunn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,772 posts
  • LocationPhoenix,AZ

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:00 AM

View PostXaks, on 26 May 2012 - 04:07 PM, said:

At least Wednesday at the earliest. Tuesday is hangover/n00bshootfest recovery day.

Down here in the US, we have a national holiday (including all government employees) once a year called 'Memorial Day' that gets dedicated to our fallen service members, and the current serving ones.

It, along with Labor Day in the spring, is one of a few that are federally mandated long weekends for most folks Stateside. Its one of I think 12 federally-recognized holidays....along with Christmas, Thanksgiving, 4th of July (Independence Day), etc.

Labor Day is in the Fall:)

Edited by Alfred VonGunn, 27 May 2012 - 01:00 AM.

#36 Adrienne Vorton

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,535 posts
  • LocationBerlin/ Germany

Posted 27 May 2012 - 01:10 AM

yea well..when ever they roll out another 1000 invites...my 4 days weekend will be over by then... it´s their own fault if i can´t do that testing-marathon like i could have right now :D

#37 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:46 AM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 26 May 2012 - 03:43 PM, said:

Just a bit curious.. what is Memorial Day weekend? I gathered its some kind of holiday.

Please follow the link below:

http://www.usmemoria...g/backgrnd.html

#38 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:52 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 26 May 2012 - 04:14 PM, said:

Moron disclaimer:

I'll buy one whether I get in or not so I can use it to tell people how great I am later. You know for all those petty arguments that we get dragged into occasionally when you need some extra punch you can say, "I've been here since CLOSED BETA, I have the founders pack! The socks on my Mech are older than your profile! So don't ever tell me you can't use an Atlas as a recon Mech AGAIN!!!" heheheheh :)

Edited by GrizzlyViking, 27 May 2012 - 05:53 AM.

#39 GrizzlyViking

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,202 posts
  • LocationMarik

Posted 27 May 2012 - 05:57 AM

The non-disclosure agreement prevents people from talking about it, however there have been a few posts of people saying their friends got in that cannot be confirmed in any significant way.

#40 urdead2me

• PipPipPip
  • 91 posts
  • Locationengland

Posted 27 May 2012 - 06:01 AM

2. "Lots of good feedback from the fresh meat new users."
They invited a bunch of noobs who do not have a clue about any computer based MechWarrior games. :)
Oh and...I almost forgot...the Devs are in game killing all of them multiple times in multiple ways. LOL

hmmm i dout eveyone in the beta is a noob some how..... and there is defo one less im sure after reading this. LOL

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users