Cb Amount: Resource Bonus, Salvage Bonus?

5 replies to this topic

#1 HeavyG

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:01 PM

Hi guys, can someone please explain what those two mean? Especially resource bonus brings nice amount of CBs. So what exactly is it? Also, i get average 50.000 CB per match. Isnt that kinda low? And i wouldnt say i suck hard or anything, im kinda average, but still far from best players. With this rate, getting a mech worth 10+ mil CB +pimping it up is impossible (no time to play 24/7). Is there anything i can do to boost my income?

#2 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 28 January 2013 - 12:18 PM

Resource bonus is for capturing and holding points in Conquest. The salvage bonus is a bonus given to the winning team based on how much is left of the opposing force's 'mechs. So, if you legged all eight enemies, you'd get far more salvage than if you destroyed all their components.

The best way to boost your income is winning. Join the NA Comstar server and form a four-man group. You'll win a lot more and get a lot more money. Otherwise, Kill Assists are your friends; touch everyone with a laser. Component destruction always helps as well.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 28 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

And if you play in Conquest, try to win by capping instead of kills. more resources gathered is more money in your pocket.

You can also jack up your CB earnings with Premium Time (+50% CB +50% XP)

#4 nungunz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • 612 posts

Posted 28 January 2013 - 08:13 PM

View PostHeavyG, on 28 January 2013 - 12:01 PM, said:

Hi guys, can someone please explain what those two mean? Especially resource bonus brings nice amount of CBs.

In conquest you gain 'tickets' for controlling capture points (if you hold more points you earn tickets faster). At the end of the game, each ticket is worth 50 CB. So a full 750 tickets (win condition) will give you 37,500 CB.

Salvage bonus is extra cash earned by your team (only if you win) for each undamaged component of enemy gear. Your team gets 2% of the worth of the undamaged components divided equally among the 8 players on your team.

This means if you somehow managed to destroy an enemy mech with an XL300 engine without damaging it (headshot or destroy both legs), you would get 12,250 CB (4,900,000*.02 / 8). So in order to get the most salvage possible, you want to go for headshots or destroy both legs on an enemy mech without damaging the torso and arm internals. IE, it's really hard to do.

That's why if a mech shuts down in front of me, I take careful aim and go for the cockpit (especially on a light, catapult, or dragon as they tend to run XL engines) so I can get easy cash. Otherwise I don't usually bother as it's easier (and safer) to kill a mech by coring it.

Also, i get average 50.000 CB per match. Isnt that kinda low? And i wouldnt say i suck hard or anything, im kinda average, but still far from best players. With this rate, getting a mech worth 10+ mil CB +pimping it up is impossible (no time to play 24/7). Is there anything i can do to boost my income?

50k is kinda low. I have premium time, so take this with a grain of salt. A good game for me usually nets around 230k-260k (my best is about 312k) and a bad game is usually 130k-160k (my worst is around 79k).

Premium by far is the best way to boost your income. However I'd definitely say assists (damage every mech you can) if you get 0 kills you can still earn 60k just for 8 assists.

Spotting bonuses also help a lot. Getting 4-6 spotting bonuses nets you around 10k-15k. You also get 25 CB for each point of damage you do, I think my best was around 1,100 damage which gets 27.5k.

And finally, for each component you destroy, you get 2,500 CB.

A decent game with something like: 2 Spot Assists, 550 damage, 2 kills, 6 assists, and 5 component destructions gives out around 111,250 (give or take depending on the game type). Toss in Premium and you're making around 200k or better.

#5 SPencil

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 763 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 29 January 2013 - 12:18 AM

For non-premium users, a good game is around 80k-120k (occasionally 150k)

My average C-Bills per match is just slightly north of 100k, but I can attribute most of that to running LRMs. TAG/NARC bonus, spotting bonus, obscene amounts of damage, and getting assists on almost every enemy (if my barrages don't outright kill them) pushes that up a bit.

The best way to make C-Bills, with or without premium, is to help your team as much as possible.

Also, I'm pretty sure you make more money in your own mech. It's been a while since I've run the trials

#6 Tenam

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 93 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis MN

Posted 29 January 2013 - 02:36 AM

Don't forget Hero Mechs also produce a 30% CBill bonus. Although they do cost real money and can be semi expensive so not always an option for everyone. But they do help....

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users