236 replies to this topic

#1 Rainbow Unikorn

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFrog land

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:01 AM

Read First !

With all the new updates, this guide isn't actual, and the new mechs are not here.

Why ?

For making hitboxes, i have to buy all the new mech (and i don't play with them); with the incomming updates, i want to save my C-Bill !

Before """U.I. 2.0""", we can detect the boxes in the mechlab, simply moving mouse on the mech's parts.
Now, i think it's more difficult (or impossible ?).

It's too bad, because this kind of guide is very usefull for all players.
But is your guide too; and if you want, you can help.

If you find a way to detect boxes/test them, feel free to send your work here (or by MP).
I'm sure we can update this thread together !

********************************************************************************

Hello all!

As a light player, I have to strike fast and precisely where i want on the enemy Mech.
I'm not a heart breaker, I'm a shoulder breaker; so i want to know exactly where i have to shoot to begin the fireworks.

The "hitboxes" of each part of the Mech shown in the Mechlab are not the same real hitboxes used in-game.

My team and I have worked to find all the hitbox locations for each chassis.There's some really surprising stuff, but all the boxes were tested in-game.

This information is intended to help players decide where it is best to shoot each chassis. Obviously if an area is heavily damaged you should always aim for that but this could be useful for initial encounters or when the damaged area is not accessible.

We will let the reader draw their own conclusions as far as exactly where to hit each Mech since much of it is up for debate and speculation. The basic formula we use is to consider the size of the part, the accessibility of the part, and the potential amount of health.

From what we understand, the health of a Mech's Internal Structure components is equal to the max armor of a component divide by two(2). The head is the exception, where the internal health is said to be fifteen(15). For example; the maximum health of a Stalker's arms is 84 (56 Max. Armor + 28 Internal Structure = 84 Health). Furthermore, if you were to remove, for example, 2 armor from the Stalker's arm the health would drop to 82 and not to 80. The Internal Structure value is not affected by the current armor. It is one half of the maximum armor.

The torsos are unique in that the Internal Structure has same health when hit from the front or back but the armor does not. The Health of the Internal Structure on the torsos is said to equal half the total of the front and rear armor combined. For example a Stalker's center torso's Internal Structure equals 54 because the max front and rear center torso armor is 72 + 36 = 108. 108/2 = 54. (This Internal Structure information is not confirmed by PGI and still under some debate.)

The charts show stock armor distribution and maximum armor possible per body part so you can estimate how tough a part might be and calculate Internal Structure health. The L/R and Center torso ratios can be adjusted but it gives you a basic idea of how they are. These show approximately 2/3 in the front and 1/3 in the rear.

The images show body part locations and head hit boxes. Of course, the images are not perfect, but give an basic idea where to hit. Color code key below.

Yellow for the Head
Green for the Arms
Red for the Legs
Orange for the Front Left and Right Torso
Blue for the Back Left and Right Torso
Purple for the Center Torso

Jenner.
Posted Image

Raven.
Posted Image

Spider.
Posted Image

Commando.
Posted Image

Locust
Posted Image

Cicada.
Posted Image

Hunchback
Posted Image

Centurion
Posted Image

BlackJack
Posted Image

Trebuchet
Posted Image

Kintaro
Posted Image

Shadowhawk
Posted Image

Edited by Rainbow Unikorn, 15 April 2014 - 06:30 AM.

#2 Rainbow Unikorn

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFrog land

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:09 AM

Cataphract
Posted Image

Dragon
Posted Image

Catapult
Posted Image

Jaggermech
Posted Image

Quickdraw
Posted Image

Orion
Posted Image

Thunderbolt
Posted Image

Atlas
Posted Image

Stalker
Posted Image

Hightlander
Posted Image

Awesome
Posted Image

Victor
Posted Image

Battlemaster
Posted Image

Summery from TheSuperGeek !

Posted Image

Credit:

Master thank to Voodu777 for awesome Tab !

Thank to Stratagame badass pilot for great help !

The glorious Stratagame team.

A French team, crushing skull on the battleground, one of the larger french community !

Recuitement ON and don't hesitate to contact us for some drop !

http://www.stratagame.net/site
http://mwomercs.com/forums/topic/59923-fr-team-stratagame

The honorable Lone Wolves at Ronin-Kensei.

Lone Wolf open gaming community (Eng/International). Hop in our TS and lets drop!

Recruitment: Permanently Active. No requirements or applications needed.

http://ronin-kensei.enjin.com/home

Thank for reading, have fun and see you on battleground !

Edited by Rainbow Unikorn, 28 October 2013 - 12:07 PM.

#3 Sooz

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:51 AM

My favorite mustache, thx Man ! ^_^

#4 trebormills

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 133 posts
  • LocationWales

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:55 AM

Great- been looking for this after I got told i wasnt shooting right places. My screen showed me hitting right place and doing damage- just need to buff up on your images now

PS
no need to do a hunchie- no need at all

Edited by trebormills, 06 February 2013 - 10:55 AM.

#5 StalaggtIKE

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Raider
  • The Raider
  • 2,304 posts
  • LocationGeorgia, USA

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:57 AM

Wow, I'm surprised how small the Cataphract head hitbox is. I score tons of 1 shots on them.

Edited by StalaggtIKE, 06 February 2013 - 11:10 AM.

#6 OneManWar

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Canada

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:17 PM

View PostStalaggtIKE, on 06 February 2013 - 10:57 AM, said:

Wow, I'm surprised how small the Cataphract head hitbox is. I score tons of 1 shots on them.

When it first came out for the first few hours before they hotfixed it, the head was literally the whole head section of it. I killed 11 Cataphracts by headshot in about 5 or 6 games. Was good times. Haha.

#7 Boulangerie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 477 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:38 PM

Wow, this is actually really helpful to me, a new player. I didn't realize the head hitboxes were actually that small! In the mechlab it implies it is the whole "head" structure, but really it's just the window into the cockpit! Ok, I will try to tighten up my aim a lot more if going for those types of attacks, or better yet, just aim for the equally weak rear center torso ;)

#8 BertyBargo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Lucky Seven
  • Lucky Seven
  • 175 posts
  • LocationBurgerland

Posted 06 February 2013 - 01:54 PM

Oh my god this topic was so overdue. THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU

#9 Brokenstep

Rookie

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

Just have a question about this. Since a headshot for the atlas would be in the eye, if you shot him in like the forehead, where would the damage be dealt? The CT?
I hope this is clear enough....

#10 The White Rabbit

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 03:06 PM

yes Brokenstep, anywhere on the skull BUT the left eye goes to the center torso. Additionally the cockpit is nearly impossible to hit on the Atlas going head to head. Coming in from the Atlas left shoulder, it's nearly impossible to MISS. Good luck.

#11 Undead Bane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 535 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 04:54 PM

Logged in to like this post.
Superb job!

#12 Protection

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,754 posts
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 06 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Posted Image

#13 MavRCK

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMontreal - Vancouver

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:35 PM

Well done! Thank you!

#14 Critical Fumble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 810 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 07:47 PM

Good job, you should probably add the images to the first post as well, so that they don't get buried underneath the replies.

#15 Mazgazine1

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 368 posts
  • LocationLondon, Ontario

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:50 PM

That is some really cool information, The Atlas one especially, hmmm. guess I will aim for the diaper then the center with my stalker now.

#16 Rainbow Unikorn

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 84 posts
  • LocationFrog land

Posted 07 February 2013 - 12:08 AM

Thank you all !

Ya, the hitbox can really change the combat experience for players who know to use to !

I think we work together with Voodou777 (who made some tab with member's health).
So in a new topix, we offer the ultimate hit box guide for death angel pilot !

#17 GoKart567

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Hitbox experience level 100 now

#18 Ilxuss

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 42 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 03:26 AM

That will definitely come in handy, thanks for the work! It will be no exaggeration to say that some of those hitboxes surprised me a little.

When I look at those pictures I think Catapult could use a cockpit size reduction after comparing to other.

Anyway, sniping won't be easier, but now I know where do I need to aim! *sigh* I could use an aimbot for some of those heads.

Edited by Ilxuss, 07 February 2013 - 03:27 AM.

#19 evilC

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,298 posts
  • LocationLondon, UK

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:17 AM

Thanks a lot for this.

Hunchback appears to be missing though

#20 Voodu777

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 39 posts

Posted 07 February 2013 - 07:26 AM

Hunchback is being worked on and will be ready soon. :) Thanks for the support everyone! This is still a work in progress. More improvements to come in the near future.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users