Jump to content

I Want Your Best Build!


67 replies to this topic

#41 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:28 AM

View PostMonkeyAss, on 23 February 2013 - 03:26 AM, said:

really really unerestimated chassis AWS-8R.
well, more fun seeing enemy mechs being blown to pieces.


Have you tried using 3-4 missile slots? Like multiple LRM15 or sth like that?

User numbers per day are closing in on 1000 a day. This is also because of the builds that I received, some of which were posted in this very thread. So I thought I let you know that you are not wasting your time and I really appreciate your support.

#42 Private Backside

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 79 posts
  • Locationso far to the east, it's almost a some men's far west.

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

View PostBlacKcuD, on 25 February 2013 - 04:28 AM, said:


Have you tried using 3-4 missile slots? Like multiple LRM15 or sth like that?

User numbers per day are closing in on 1000 a day. This is also because of the builds that I received, some of which were posted in this very thread. So I thought I let you know that you are not wasting your time and I really appreciate your support.

yep, tried different configs.
this one turns out optimal for my play style, no sacrificing mobility nor armor, enough ammo and pretty good damage output. a beast in 300-400m fights.

#43 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 01 March 2013 - 05:30 PM

View PostMonkeyAss, on 27 February 2013 - 04:51 AM, said:

yep, tried different configs.
this one turns out optimal for my play style, no sacrificing mobility nor armor, enough ammo and pretty good damage output. a beast in 300-400m fights.


I will try that. I am planning to get multiple Awesome variants soon.

#44 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 13 June 2013 - 02:02 PM

Still looking for new builds. Especially for light and medium chassis´. I will upload multiple Stalker builds in the next few days.

#45 TechKnight1337

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 13 June 2013 - 03:15 PM

Blackjack 1X

#46 Stevie Ray Vaughan

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,067 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTin Pan Alley

Posted 13 June 2013 - 05:59 PM

My sweet Misery, always good for blowing things up!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...59906a4e1e48b97

With speed tweak, around 63 kph as well.

This one is even better, just a wee bit hotter.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...24383f6b0cfef19

Edited by Die Primate Die, 13 June 2013 - 06:01 PM.


#47 J I N

    Member

  • PipPipPip
  • Trinary Star Captain
  • 85 posts

Posted 14 June 2013 - 04:35 AM

A Build for the CN9-D and Yen-Lo-Wang: CN9-D


Why this loadout:
2x AC5 got more DPS than an AC20 (for YLW) and a very good range.
2x ML will let you do the zombie, if you loose your ACs. (that happens to me in maybe 10% of the matches)
A STD engine offers you the chance to stay alive with your MLs for a long time and you will have enought speed to make it work.


The main idea of this build is to focus fire even in a brawl. But you need to know where you have to hit a mech to destroy the most dangerous weapons, like one side of every CN9 or Atlas, or which builds use XLs like many Cataphracts do. If you are able to destroy most direct firepower, there is nearly no chance, that you will be killed by that opponent.

Two Ways of playing:
1. As a support Sniper, you should try to hit already damaged parts of a mech, which needs some skill... and most of the time the sidetorsos wil be the thing to go for, before you get closer to make their LRMs useless etc. Sometimes you will do as much damage as you can in a short time and vanish to search for another target. You have to know, if you have to run. :)
2. As a Brawler you will have to follow the main idea of this build, to take out the direct firepower of your opponent. I am able to brawl with nearly every mech right now, but you will have to be careful and choose your opponent wisely. (Dragon, most Cataphracts, most Catapults, some Awesomes, every Medium mech....)

Due to the fact that you are a medium mech, some builds will hurt you really bad, like the AC40 Jager or 6PPC Stalker... you will have to avoid them, or try to disarm them as fast as possible... odds are against you, if you are alone.
Very fast lights with JJs are a problem... but any other light should be easy to kill in close combat.


some stats:
K/D: 2.34 with Damage/Match: 350 (in 92 matches... had to stop playing 5-6 times... reallife called^^)
Example for good Sniping-Matches:
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/lbi7kzxo.png http://s14.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/3x3rijfs.png

Other examples:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/u3fmroxu.png litterally disarmed 2 Atlas
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/5o6bpcv4.png down to 14% with one leg^^
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/gi7vcilg.png typical match for focused fire

You should try it! :D

Edited by JIN1987, 14 June 2013 - 05:17 AM.


#48 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 16 July 2013 - 07:15 AM

View PostTechKnight1337, on 13 June 2013 - 03:15 PM, said:


View PostDie Primate Die, on 13 June 2013 - 05:59 PM, said:

My sweet Misery, always good for blowing things up!

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...59906a4e1e48b97

With speed tweak, around 63 kph as well.

This one is even better, just a wee bit hotter.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...24383f6b0cfef19

View PostJIN1987, on 14 June 2013 - 04:35 AM, said:

A Build for the CN9-D and Yen-Lo-Wang: CN9-D


Why this loadout:
2x AC5 got more DPS than an AC20 (for YLW) and a very good range.
2x ML will let you do the zombie, if you loose your ACs. (that happens to me in maybe 10% of the matches)
A STD engine offers you the chance to stay alive with your MLs for a long time and you will have enought speed to make it work.


The main idea of this build is to focus fire even in a brawl. But you need to know where you have to hit a mech to destroy the most dangerous weapons, like one side of every CN9 or Atlas, or which builds use XLs like many Cataphracts do. If you are able to destroy most direct firepower, there is nearly no chance, that you will be killed by that opponent.

Two Ways of playing:
1. As a support Sniper, you should try to hit already damaged parts of a mech, which needs some skill... and most of the time the sidetorsos wil be the thing to go for, before you get closer to make their LRMs useless etc. Sometimes you will do as much damage as you can in a short time and vanish to search for another target. You have to know, if you have to run. :D
2. As a Brawler you will have to follow the main idea of this build, to take out the direct firepower of your opponent. I am able to brawl with nearly every mech right now, but you will have to be careful and choose your opponent wisely. (Dragon, most Cataphracts, most Catapults, some Awesomes, every Medium mech....)

Due to the fact that you are a medium mech, some builds will hurt you really bad, like the AC40 Jager or 6PPC Stalker... you will have to avoid them, or try to disarm them as fast as possible... odds are against you, if you are alone.
Very fast lights with JJs are a problem... but any other light should be easy to kill in close combat.


some stats:
K/D: 2.34 with Damage/Match: 350 (in 92 matches... had to stop playing 5-6 times... reallife called^^)
Example for good Sniping-Matches:
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/lbi7kzxo.png http://s14.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/3x3rijfs.png

Other examples:
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/u3fmroxu.png litterally disarmed 2 Atlas
http://s14.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/5o6bpcv4.png down to 14% with one leg^^
http://s1.directupload.net/images/130614/temp/gi7vcilg.png typical match for focused fire

You should try it! ;)


Thank you all for your submissions. I´ll check them out in the next few days. Surely, at least some of them will be added.

@topic: Still looking for Light Mech builds. Especially Jenner and Spider.

#49 Chrome Dragon

    Member

  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:02 PM

My best build was from a much earlier beta. She was a Centurion CN-9A with an AC/20 and an LRM15. Back in Forest Colony, I'd climb a hill with my jumpjets, and work LRM support (this was during the LRMageddon) until I burned through 2 tons of ammo.

At that point, the meat opposing team was thoroughly tenderized, so I'd run in and make things go away with the AC/20. Until the server reset, I had a blast with this playstyle.

After the server reset, I bought another CN-9A, but the AC/20 wouldn't fit and LRMs and gauss rifles are ... really rather redundant. I kept getting in trouble with stuff getting close and me getting dead, so when the next server reset rolled around I didn't even miss my Cent. The fact that I didn't miss her makes me sad.

This was before the Streak SRM got added, which might make for a better companion for the gauss.

#50 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostChrome Dragon, on 16 July 2013 - 08:02 PM, said:

My best build was from a much earlier beta. She was a Centurion CN-9A with an AC/20 and an LRM15. Back in Forest Colony, I'd climb a hill with my jumpjets, and work LRM support (this was during the LRMageddon) until I burned through 2 tons of ammo.

At that point, the meat opposing team was thoroughly tenderized, so I'd run in and make things go away with the AC/20. Until the server reset, I had a blast with this playstyle.

After the server reset, I bought another CN-9A, but the AC/20 wouldn't fit and LRMs and gauss rifles are ... really rather redundant. I kept getting in trouble with stuff getting close and me getting dead, so when the next server reset rolled around I didn't even miss my Cent. The fact that I didn't miss her makes me sad.

This was before the Streak SRM got added, which might make for a better companion for the gauss.


Jeah, I remember those days :P My greatest regarding this topic fear at the moment is, that LRM boats will go away completely when 12vs12 hits. Ammo is very scarce already at the moment.

#51 POOTYTANGASAUR

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 588 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 19 July 2013 - 06:31 PM

View PostPkunk, on 16 February 2013 - 03:06 PM, said:

My best build is my AWS-9M. It is the perfect mix of speed, armor and firepower. I get 2-3 kill on average but 4 or 5 is by no means an exception. These are the results of some games I played tonight:
http://cloud.steampo...C26FDBAFC61BA9/

http://cloud-2.steam...6DAAA34C431B4F/
I added this because it shows that even with a really crap game/team this build can still score.

http://cloud-2.steam...68BD60F327026B/

Key to this mech is positioning and knowing when to focus specific targets. But that is the case for most mechs. But is just works best on this mech. I like to flank or strike from behind. You can kill most mechs with alpha's without overheating in this.

I would post something about the Pretty Baby but I feel it is inferior to the 9M because of heat management and accuracy.

I have better games than that in my swayback. Sorry no pics (im on my laptop) but if you ***** at me enough i will remember to come back and post the pics i have on my desktop.

#52 Zelumbras

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 109 posts

Posted 22 July 2013 - 07:59 AM

My favourite 'mech/build so far: BJ-1X

Modules:
  • adv. seismic (hope this will get nerfed a bit in the future)
  • anv. sensor range (for spotting assists and scouting if your team has no light)
  • coolshot 9+9 (if you really want to permafire all 6 ML for a minute on Tourmaline :) ) or 360 targeting (useful in fighting lights)
I've run many different builds for each of the Blackjacks, but i always ended up going back to this one. While it has neither a high Alpha nor high DPS and is bound to low-mid range, it is just an incredible efficient 'mech capable of doing well in almost any situation. Unless i do something very stupid or am extremely unlucky with the team setup i consistantly rank 400-700 damage and 2-4 kills with occasionally scoring around 1000 damage when PUGing in this 'mech.


The playstyle i use is most similar to some Jenner builds, hunting down other lights first then killing Assaults or Heavies that appear to use an XL engine. Basically think of it as a Jenner-F with 6 ML that trades 35 km/h and JJ's for a Hunchbacks armor and 7-10 extra DHS :)


Pros:
  • max. Speed 116.8 (106.2)
  • (near) max. armor 304/306
  • great heat efficiency on all maps (even after getting close to overheating, it can still fire 3 of the 6 ML while cooling down at the same time)
  • no heat Penalty of any sorts for firing Alpha strikes
  • all weapons on the high mounted arms above the cockpit => if you can see it, you can shoot it!
  • small size for a medium 'mech make it harder to hit
Cons:
  • low torso-twist angle and no JJ's mean you will want to have 2x basic efficiencies unlocked to be able to fire in a wider arc and stay nimble
  • vulnerable side-toro due to using a XL engine (though i don't consider that much of a problem on the compact Blackjacks)
  • small size makes it more vulnerable to SSRMs and LRMs because of the splash damage hitting more components
Notes on build/playstyle:
  • before unlocking basic heat efficiencies can drop 30 armor for another DHS
  • for reasons i don't understand, many players will think of Blackjacks as being not a real danger on the battlefield, especially if 'only' packing 6 ML. This will sometimes lead to you being ignored at first which is usually a good time to destroy a side torso or two with focused fire.
  • as for weapon groups i usually use: Alpha, left side, right side, chainfire

Edited by Vulcan888, 26 July 2013 - 04:40 AM.


#53 Morgan Daval

    Member

  • Pip
  • Is Exemplar
  • Is Exemplar
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 July 2013 - 02:58 AM

Hi

Since you are looking for Light Builds, I want to tell you about the Jenner I´m using actual right now.

Unfortunately no Smurfy cause I´m sitting at work this moment.

Build is doable in every Jenner which has 2 Energy Hardpoints. Also possible on Spider (I have seen in ingame on a Spider and copied it into my Jenners):

2xLLaser
XL280 (I think, if I remember right)
with speed tweak 142 kph
EndoSteel Structure
DHS
no AMS

Legs and Torso max armor, arms also as much as wanted/needed
Fill up with DHS till max weight.

I`m running this build now a few days for about 50 games maybe and I have a Kill/Death ratio of about 2.5. Your role should be staying with your other teammates and give fast fire support. The build runs very cool ( Heat efficency is over 1.6 with 13(?) DHS) so you can nearly continously fire on every map (the hotter once maybe not that long but the iceworlds for sure).

You should now how to stay alive as light and how to outmanouver assaults, also sneaking onto other mech is a good thing.

I often look on the map where brawles or other fight are going on, then I close in and bring my dmg to the enemy. Withe the range of the LL I can often stay more away then with ML and is so more save. Hit and run can also be valid, but not that much cause the alpha strike is not that hight (18) compared to the 6ML Jenners (30).
I have already finished games with 4+ kills, yesterday for example with 6 kills in one game and my K/D Ratio is still climbing up.
Staying alive till late game and then finishing already damaged Heavies/Assaults works often great.

My favourit game so far was when me and a Pract with double Gauss I think where the Last once against 4 enemies. We managed to take out 2 till the phract went down and I was able to finish both of. Highlander had quit damaged CT and Dragon already lost Laser arm and later run out of UAC5 Ammo.

A weakness of this build is, that it is relativly weak against Light-Killer Medium and Light (Streak Ravens/Jenners) but with good playing also winable.

So till now I´m loving it and will definitly Master all Jenner with this build up till the end.


PS: Sry for spelling, English is not my mothertounge.

#54 Stevie Ray Vaughan

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 1,067 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationTin Pan Alley

Posted 30 July 2013 - 08:45 PM

The build says it all. And never overheats.

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...c04c96d612b1fe5

#55 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 31 July 2013 - 06:01 PM

View PostVulcan888, on 22 July 2013 - 07:59 AM, said:

My favourite 'mech/build so far: BJ-1X



I just posted your Blackjack build. Of course, I added a reference to your profile. Thanks again.


@topic: Still looking for more awesome builds, especially for Lights.

#56 Ruccus

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Olympian
  • The Olympian
  • 443 posts
  • LocationAbbotsford, BC

Posted 10 August 2013 - 11:26 AM

Here are the two BJ-1 builds I usually run:

Primary Gauss Build. This build is about the alpha strike; unloading everything until the heat builds up to the point that you can't fire the medium lasers, then when that happens work with just the Gauss Rifle until the heat decreases to the point where you can use the medium lasers again. It's a slower medium mech designed to be a wingman for a heavy or assault mech. Don't leave your lead mech until he dies, and fire at whatever he's firing at until it blows up. If a light mech comes around to annoy your lead, it's your job to scrape the light mech off him so he can keep firing at the enemy heavy mechs.

Secondary Dual PPC Build. This build uses a larger engine for more maneuverability, but the basic tactic is to use the PPCs in normal combat until the enemy mechs get close. When that happens hopefully by then some of the enemy mechs have internals exposed and you can use the small lasers and machineguns as crit-seekers. for the first half of the match I'll usually stick with a heavy or assault mech and play the build like a weaker version of my above build, then if I'm healthy I'll start roaming, looking for wounded mechs with exposed internals so I can use the small lasers and MGs.

#57 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 10 August 2013 - 08:02 PM

View PostRuccus, on 10 August 2013 - 11:26 AM, said:

Here are the two BJ-1 builds I usually run:

Primary Gauss Build. This build is about the alpha strike; unloading everything until the heat builds up to the point that you can't fire the medium lasers, then when that happens work with just the Gauss Rifle until the heat decreases to the point where you can use the medium lasers again. It's a slower medium mech designed to be a wingman for a heavy or assault mech. Don't leave your lead mech until he dies, and fire at whatever he's firing at until it blows up. If a light mech comes around to annoy your lead, it's your job to scrape the light mech off him so he can keep firing at the enemy heavy mechs.

Secondary Dual PPC Build. This build uses a larger engine for more maneuverability, but the basic tactic is to use the PPCs in normal combat until the enemy mechs get close. When that happens hopefully by then some of the enemy mechs have internals exposed and you can use the small lasers and machineguns as crit-seekers. for the first half of the match I'll usually stick with a heavy or assault mech and play the build like a weaker version of my above build, then if I'm healthy I'll start roaming, looking for wounded mechs with exposed internals so I can use the small lasers and MGs.


I really like the PPC build. Good chance I'll add it during the next weeks.

As always, thanks everyone for their contributions and still looking for Light Mech and Catapult builds in particular :)

#58 M0rpHeu5

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 956 posts
  • LocationGreece

Posted 10 August 2013 - 09:53 PM

CTF-1X Brawler.
It can keep on shooting when your foe shuts down,
it's fast with good max armor.
It has standart engine so you can torso twist and absope a lot more damage.
You can easily manipulate it to raplace the AC10 for AC20 or Gauss.
You can also add a bigger engine by sacrifising Armor of heat sinks.
No PPCs on it
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0658f7f28de847f

Edited by M0rpHeu5, 10 August 2013 - 09:54 PM.


#59 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 18 August 2013 - 02:46 PM

View PostM0rpHeu5, on 10 August 2013 - 09:53 PM, said:

CTF-1X Brawler.
It can keep on shooting when your foe shuts down,
it's fast with good max armor.
It has standart engine so you can torso twist and absope a lot more damage.
You can easily manipulate it to raplace the AC10 for AC20 or Gauss.
You can also add a bigger engine by sacrifising Armor of heat sinks.
No PPCs on it
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...0658f7f28de847f


Nice. I think I can make a decent updated guide out of this one, to serve as a replacement for the current very old and not so good 1X build I have.

#60 BlacKcuD

    Member

  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 229 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Locationmwo-builds.net

Posted 11 September 2013 - 03:12 PM

Bump. Thank you everyone for their submissions. E-mails are really flowing now, but I will need some time to look through all of them.

Looking for Catapult, Victor, and Light Mechs builds in particular! If you have a good build for any of those, send me a PM or e-mail at mechwarrioronlinebuilds@gmail.com





1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users