69 replies to this topic

#1 Pal

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 18 February 2013 - 12:37 AM

Greetings!

My name is Paladine and I am here to tell you that the Golden Foxes are are a Federated Commonwealth unit seeking mechwarriors of good humor and good disposition on an ongoing basis. Great skill is less desired than a great personality; we can train one, but not the other.

The Golden Foxes are the new Mechwarrior division of the DJO, a larger gaming organization that has been around for over 15 years now, since the days of X-Wing vs TIE Fighter and the Zone. Our founding members are all gaming veterans dating back either all or most of that time, and have been playing together for years. We pride ourselves on having an attractive site, reliable officers, and a military style structure.

Despite that, we in the Foxes are essentially casual players, interested in making new friends, helping teach new players and working on their builds, and striving towards developing skills and builds for all players that will ultimately make them effective contributors in competitive teams. For less competitive types, we want to nevertheless simply be good friends to group and play with. To those ends, we are presently using Teamspeak for communication and coordination in-game, and request all members to use voice comms when playing together.

While we do play to win, we do not take ourselves too seriously. As long as you are friendly and trying to move with the team and actively trying to follow the directions and orders of the officer leading the drop, nobody is going to be chewing you out and kicking you for missing that one shot, or falling off the bridge, etc. That just means it's time for more practice.

At this point, we are a mid-sized unit, and are still growing. As such, there are also plenty of opportunities for motivated members to help steer our course and actively participate in the development of the unit.

What We Want From New Recruits
  • Good character and personality
  • Ability and willingness to use Teamspeak
  • Relatively sociable
  • Willingness to listen to and work with a team, and to follow orders during organized drops
What We Don't Want From New Recruits
  • Rudeness, abrasiveness, and unfriendliness
  • Unwillingness to help less experienced pilots learn the game
  • "Raging" when you die, lose, etc
Please feel free to check us out at http://fox.darkjedi.org and sign up here!

Anyone is welcome to apply, simply enlist on our site.

We know we cater to a particular kind of relaxed, friendly, and mature gamer, and that does not speak to everyone. If it does sound interesting to you though, feel free to head over and sign up on the site!

We look forward to hearing from you!

Regards,

Paladine
Golden Foxes
Leftenant Colonel, 1st Battalion
Commanding

Edited by Pal, 08 April 2013 - 04:32 PM.

#2 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 04:51 AM

Come check us out. There are a really great group of people here, and really fun to play with.

#3 Mystra Nightwish

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 4 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:11 PM

Bumped for some more new people!

#4 FoeCleaver

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:10 AM

Hey there,

I've gone ahead and signed up to your forum/website today (25th of Feb), but apparently I am unable to leave a message there, so I thought I'd leave one here.

My in-game name is FoeCleaver; I'm 29 years old, old Battletech/Mechwarrior player, I've been playing MWO on and off for several months and am happily piloting two mechs (awesome and raven 3L).

I'm looking for a casual, friendly clan/house/lance to play the game together (I know from bitter experience from the past that MMORPG guilds sometimes tend to be a collection of solo players, rather than players playing together), so hopefully I can be a part of your group.

How do I contact you guys directly?

Good hunting!

#5 KovuTalli

• Pip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:02 AM

Hey guys, I signed up on your website and requested a reset/forgot password Email. But have neither received my sign up email or that email, and yes I did enter the correct Email :D Username is the same on here as it is there - KovuTalli

Look forward to hunting with you guys sometime.

#6 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:38 AM

@FoeCleaver: Thanks for signing up. You will be unable to post until your application has been approved which will likely happen sometime today. I'm not sure what time zone you are in, but it's still pretty early for our officers as I write this. In the mean time, feel free to add any names you see in this or other threads as friends in game and message us from there.

@KovuTalli: I'm not sure what the issue is there (website stuff is beyond me). Did you just recently sign up, it may be that the application is still processing. Also, sometimes official emails from the website get caught by spam filters, so it could be in your junk folder.

Glad to have both of you around, and I hope to see you both in game soon.

#7 FoeCleaver

Rookie

• 6 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:59 AM

Alright, thanks for the prompt reply. Timezone -> GMT +2

#8 DJO Maverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 February 2013 - 11:07 AM

Sending you a PM with a few follow-up questions Kovu, we'll figure out what the issue is-

#9 Ethidium

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 01:00 PM

Bump for DJO. Played many great matches with and against TFA and TRA in XWA and XvT on BSC. I was "Photon" in NRES, NRN and WTF. Lots of acronyms!

#10 Pal

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:08 PM

Thanks Ethidium, always good to see a fellow XvTer! =D I and a bunch of other Foxes were in TFA and we have an old BoTS pilot, too. Such good memories back in The Zone =D

#11 DJO Maverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Thanks Ethidium, ditto what Pal said. I'm reasonably sure I played some matches against you an eon or two ago, too :D

#12 astinius

• PipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • 46 posts
  • Locationwi

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:10 PM

hey davion, go recruit elsware.Kill ya on the batelfield

#13 DJO Maverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:45 PM

View Postastinius, on 25 February 2013 - 05:10 PM, said:

hey davion, go recruit elsware.Kill ya on the batelfield

It's ok, you missed the memo where House Davion and Steiner are allies and all actually the Federated Commonwealth for the next, oh, seven years or so. Hence, a Federated Commonwealth unit. Be friendly and maybe we'll come bail your half of the Commonwealth out when the Wolves and Jade Falcons come a'knockin' =)

#14 Moose McGraw

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:59 AM

Would you consider allowing an old timer from the UK to join your friendly band of pilots.
Been way from online gamimg for some years but been playing MWO for a while now and am happily piloting the worse mech in the game - the Stalker - because I like the look of it :lol:
My absense fron online games means i'n not really up on TeamSpeak 3 though i've downloaded it so any advice and guidance as to how to link it to you guys would be most gratefully accepeted.
To give you an idea of time difference, as I type this its now 9am GMT
best regards

#15 DJO Maverick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 178 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:26 PM

@MooseMcGraw-

We love old timers, and don't shortchange the Stalker; it can field some very fierce configurations.

I'm sending you a private message now-

#16 Moose McGraw

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 5 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:52 AM

Many thanks, message received and will respond.

Don't get me wrong, I love the Stalker and have loaded it out to what I consider a very effective Mech.

#17 Pal

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 05 March 2013 - 08:27 AM

Still seeking friendly pilots for good times in the Foxes =D

#18 Pal

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 52 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon

Posted 12 March 2013 - 05:48 PM

Also worth noting, FOX is currently dropping in groups at this very moment (We organize multiple group events during the week!)

Our current schedule is Tuesdays and Thursdays at 8pm EST, Friday at 2pm EST, and Sunday at 6pm EST. We're also talking about adding another drop night on Fridays at 9pm EST. However, all of our events are optional and we're not going to hold you to a schedule, we're a pretty mellow bunch.

Aside from these times, we have Foxes from all over the world in our ranks and chances are some of us will be playing when you are, so give us a look! We appreciate it!

Cheers,
Paladine

#19 BossFearless

• Pip
  • 18 posts

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:43 AM

Hey OP. I'm a casual player looking for some people to game with. Kinda hard to get on for long periods each day since I live and work in Saudi Arabia (the internet out here is seriously lacking). Any room in the Foxes for me?

#20 HighTest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 340 posts
  • LocationKitchener, ON

Posted 13 March 2013 - 05:53 AM

Sure, there's room for you. We are primarily a casual bunch, although we do have a few that tend to venture into the more 'Hardcore' side of things.

Feel free to pop onto the website to check us out and/or to sign up:
Golden Foxes

We look forward to playing with you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users