#21 Straygo

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:33 PM

**update**

Game client has been freezing 2-3 times per play session... getting really annoying. most settings are set to med. no overclocking (dont even know how to set it to overclock)

#22 Bestrafe

Rookie

• 2 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 24 February 2013 - 03:34 PM

ATI 7950, i2500K. Latest ATI drivers.

Game client freezes every 2nd/3rd match. Only started happening since the last patch.

#23 BuddyLee

Dezgra

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 02:46 PM

same problem.. running i2500k 580GTX card.. freezes every couple of matches. le lame!

#24 TESTIFY

• PipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 50 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:36 PM

same thing seems common

#25 SlackerZ

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

Mine seems to be freezing up a lot today. Zzz

#26 Fais

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 146 posts
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

Same problem with GTX480

#27 rtiano12

Rookie

• 1 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:50 AM

View PostCircumnavigate, on 19 February 2013 - 10:10 PM, said:

Hey my game keeps freezing, does anyone else have this problem or know how I can fix it?

I updated my video card drivers to the newest Nvidia, also I checked my temperatures and they never go over 80.

When the game freezes I hit ctrl alt delete and in task manager it shows MWO as not responding.

I tried playing around with graphical settings and it doesn't seem to do anything, I put post processing on the lowest setting, turn AA off, no dice.

I'm using a GTX 670 with an i7 2600k

any ideas?

Man i am also suffering from this kinda problem. I have recently bought Samgung game series laptop and it contains 4GB graphics of Nvidia GeForce but than too the game goes on stucking now and then. Any solution?

#28 unMourned

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 22 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 10:29 AM

I have an nVidia (EVGA) GTS 450 and an Intel e6750--both at stock. 6GB RAM.

Since September, game crashes have only gotten more frequent. Now I experience 30-50% crashes on any given night. While I once heavily overclocked both CPU and GPU, I now am running stock speeds and voltages. No significant change in luck.

What I experience: while in game, video will freeze and audio will begin looping. It has happened in the welcome screen, in game play, while shooting, while standing still, while spectating, and before the final score screen and in the score screen.

In other words, the game has stopped responding at every stage of the game.

I have to ctrl-alt-del to task manager which reports that the MWO client has stopped responding.

I've run V-synch on, V-synch off, low settings, and high settings. No significant difference.

I'll try medium settings with AA off, post processing low, shadows low, and V-synch on when we're back up and running after today's patch. See if it helps.

Also, I've noticed many more crashes during "peak" hours. I'm on the East coast of the United States; if I play early morning or early afternoon, I can get several sessions in crash-free. Any time after about 5pm local, crashes seem more frequent.

Hope that helps--thank you for your help!

EDIT: It also seems to happen more when I'm playing with a group (of any size) than when I'm pugging it.

-Paul
(unMourned)

Edited by unMourned, 26 February 2013 - 11:24 AM.

#29 Straygo

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:11 PM

Could we get a PGI rep or someone to let us know this is being looked into? Its getting to the point where i dont even want to put as much time into the game because its unplayable for more than 2-3 matches... I think we can all agree that its not our hardware because we have all diff types of systems, so its got to be on the other end. Any info from the devs would be much appreciated.

Edited by Straygo, 26 February 2013 - 12:12 PM.

#30 Blixx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 108 posts
  • LocationUS East Coast

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:20 PM

Same problem, Game freezes every 30 min or so mush kills app in services to close the game. Running GTX680.

#31 ASSASSYN X

• PipPipPip
  • 58 posts
  • LocationOn top of a hill targeting you

Posted 26 February 2013 - 01:36 PM

Roll back your driver. I did and it fixed my problem.

#32 Straygo

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 36 posts
  • LocationMissouri

Posted 26 February 2013 - 02:53 PM

It seems to be tied to V-sync. I turned that "ON" and it didnt freeze once in the 7 matches i JUST played. Normally it would freeze after 2-3. So maybe turning v-sync on would help some folks. but i still think it needs to be looked into. See you guys on the field!

#33 Flapdrol

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:52 PM

The "freeze" is very common,stringent fps limiter (below 60) is a workaround

Since both amd and nvidia cards have this issue I doubt it's an issue with the driver. On my system it was kind of a hard bug to reproduce, sometimes I had it 5 games in a row, other times I could play for hours without it.

with the 45 fps limiter I haven't had a single crash however. the higher the fps the higher the chance of the freeze it seems. Not sure what the sweetspot is.

#34 Chunkylad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 295 posts
  • LocationIn a place called reality.

Posted 26 February 2013 - 04:02 PM

Mine does this 3-10 times a night. +1 for wanting this fixed. The old CTD's were bad and frequent, but my god this is ever other game. Wondering if it is compatibility with an older graphics driver

So I thought I had V-Sync on already... apparently it turned itself off at some point. Going to test that and see if that fixes it.

GTX 560 Ti just for info purposes.

Edited by Chunkylad, 26 February 2013 - 04:05 PM.

#35 Dirty Old Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 08:41 PM

GTX580 olcked crazy witn i73900 with Vsync crashed twice only this week.

#36 Kludger

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 69 posts

Posted 27 February 2013 - 06:47 AM

GTX 670 not overclocked no heat problem, vsync seems to have helped but not completely cured the problem, less frequent lockups but still occurring every couple of hours of play.

#37 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 27 February 2013 - 08:35 AM

same here, with two GTX 680s

#38 CyberBabe

• Pip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationConnecticut

Posted 27 February 2013 - 02:03 PM

New patch, same story. Game puts my computer in sleep mode and freezes it up so I cant even hit control alt delete. I'm a founder dammit and I demand my ticket be answered!

#39 Peztilence

Rookie

• Survivor
  • 1 posts

Posted 28 February 2013 - 08:35 PM

Same here, SLI 670's with i7 3770k... sigh, this game was getting fun! bringin me back to my roots!

#40 MaxP0werr

Rookie

• 3 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 11:10 PM

The crashes happened to me only in close combat. Gtx560ti, i5 2500k. V-Sync off. rest very high, shadows off.
Also i imagine it happens when i press many buttons simultaniously. Mouse1 + Mouse2+ movement + targeting.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users