If I owned PGI (or bought it right now), these are the changes I would do immediately:
- Fix ECM: ECMs would only make the affected mechs slightly harder to target/lock-on - that's it. This way, they would still be helpful to a team, but optional and worth no more than its only 1.5 tons. The "Counter ECM feature" would be assigned to other equipment, like Beagle or Command Console, because it is badly wrong to put in ECM's alone all the weight of the Electronic Warfare (or to make ECM the only real ECM's counter).
- Fix Ammo: ammo per ton would be the double of the TT values, making stock variants viable. PGI doubled the armor so it is (only) logical to double the ammo, not just increase an arbitrary number for each weapon.
- Fix Heat Sinks: heat sinks inside the engine should always be single. That's something TT should have done, if they were worried about balance. Double Heat Sinks would dissipate real 2x heat but with the drawback of taking more critical space. That way, Double Heat Sinks would be optional and stock, low-tech variants are more competitive. I would increase the current overall amount of heat dissipated per second too, so the stock variants with DHS wouldn't be too harmed.
- Fix Useless Equipment: Give Machineguns and Flamers a slight damage buff, give NARC a real usefulness, make Beagle worthy, make Ferro Fibrous as good as Endo Steel.
- Fix Variants: there are some timeline-wise variants that never made into the game: release them all. Hunchback HBK-4N, Atlas AS7-S, Commando COM-1C, Dragon DRG-1G, should all be in the game. The Centurion CN9-AH should come back. At the same time, rework some variants and chassis, making them all equally good - this could be made by adding extra modules or hardpoints to poor variants.
- Handle Clans with Care: Clan tech can't be mixed with IS one or the balance is destroyed. So, no Clanners and IS mechs in the same teams. Clan players can't fight in equal terms against IS ones - they should fight something like 16 IS mechs (4 lances) VS 10 Clan mechs (2 stars).
- Earn PGI Healthy Money: make a Clan Founders program - allowing players to have early access to the Clan "Beta" (only Clan vs Clan battles and limited number of mechs).
- Fix Relationship with the Community: release the existing concept arts, sketches, orthos, WIP screenshots, everything! Post complete patch notes, comprehensive "upcoming content" (Creative Director), explanations about how the Community Warfare and Clans will work, etc.
- Fix Streaks: You don't need to make a Jesus Box of the ECM to balance Streaks. Just make them more skill demanding. Simple things like making them only firing when the target is exactly in the "crosshair". That would be even a more accurate interpretation of the TT rules.
Finally, I'm not saying I have the money to buy PGI. Or I would do a better job that the current owners/managers. Or that I have in this list the solutions of all the MWO's problems.
This is just a list of features in MWO that really worry me and what I think should be fixed to make the game better. If I had the power of decision making, I would give them a lot of attention.
Surely, the game has bugs, needs a better performance, etc. But these are technical issues that can't be solved by a "snap of fingers". And surely, PGI is (and must be) already working on them.
OdananMember Since 02 Nov 2011
Offline Last Active Yesterday, 05:44 PM
I'm a stranger in my own hometown. I'm a frustrated artist, ex-poet, pacifist military jock, between libertarianism and green-anarchism, reluctant cinephile, history lover, eager reader, praying agnostic, cured cat hoarder, uncorrectable game modder, wannabe game designer and a pretentious factory of ideas.
- Group Elite Founder
- Active Posts 2023 (3.4 per day)
- Profile Views 5205
- Member Title Member
- Age 37 years old
- Birthday July 14, 1975