I have resisted buying a Founders Pack with every logical, cynical and flimsy justification for as long as I can:
- The game has far too many unknowns to put money into a Founders Pack!
- The released material and posts by the Devs and Publisher show care and attention to detail handling a treasured IP. I can have some faith in these people as they have proven themselves trustworthy in my eyes thus far.
- The game is entirely PVP focused and I hate PVP!
- The PVP is team based with significant latitude for varied roles to be filled. It's unlikely with large scale team vs team that it will degenerate into the same predictable script only terminated by not winning the RNG game or by dying to whomever is running the best bot or paid most for their "pay-to-win" perks. I'm certain I can find a role to play that is entertaining and be part of a great community of players.
- I might be ROFLStomped badly! My perception is there are many dedicated veteran players of MW:LL, Netbattletech, Mektek, etc. Taking repeated dirt-naps is no fun!
- Yeah I might, but I'll put on my big-boy pants and I'll learn. It might mean some hard lessons being on the terminal end of hostile fire, but I will get better and the first time I win on skill, the victory will be sweet