Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, February 21st @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.105
Standalone Client Patch Size: ~153 MB
Steam Client Patch Size: TBA
Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may be larger than the standalone client patch size.
• Invasion Game Mode Name Change
• Mercenary Contract Auto-Renewal
• Faction Play Interface Fixes and Changes
The Supernova has arrived, and is now en-route to the MechBays of eligible MechWarriors.
Development priorities continue to remain focused toward the upcoming release of the new Skill Tree (now set for March), the Incursion Game Mode, and an array of additional Faction Play improvements. As a result, February follows January as a relatively light month in terms of patch content. Of particular note are a significant number of interface-related fixes and improvements, along with the introduction of an auto-renewal option for Mercenary Contracts within Faction Play.
In other news our first phase of the Skill Tree Public Test Session is complete, and work is underway on the next update to the Skill Tree PTS build based on your feedback. You can check out the latest news on what's in store for the next PTS update here, with a more detailed rundown on all the changes set to arrive with the next PTS update.
We'd also like to point out that we will be performing some backend maintenance during the downtime period for this patch, and as a result the total downtime period may extend up to 2 hours in length. That said, we'll try to make it as quick as possible.
In the meantime, read on for all the details of our February patch, and we'll see you on the battlefield!
- The MechWarrior Team
Release Date for MC: May 2nd 2017
Release Date for C-Bills: June 6th 2017
Supernova Module Slots (all variants)
• 'Mech Module Slots: 1
• Weapon Module Slots: 2
• Consumable Slot(s): 2
• 'Mech/Weapon Slot(s): 1 (only available after unlocking that variants Mastery Skill tier)
• SNV-1 [S]
The SNV-1 [S] is a Special version of the SNV-1, featuring a unique Pattern and a 30% boost to C-Bill earnings. The SNV-1 [S] is only available through the Collector Supernova Pack, and will not be made available for purchase in-game.
The SNV-1 is the standard version of the SNV-1 [S]. It does not possess the 30% C-Bill boost or the unique Pattern of its [S] counterpart. Until its release date for in-game purchase the standard SNV-1 is only available through the Standard Supernova Pack.
Until its release date for in-game purchase the SNV-3 is only available through the Standard or Collector Supernova Pack.
Until its release date for in-game purchase the SNV-A is only available through the Standard or Collector Supernova Pack.
• SNV-B (Reinforcement Add-On)
Until its release date for in-game purchase the SNV-B is only available as a Reinforcement Add-On to an existing Standard or Collector Supernova Pack.
• SNV-C (Reinforcement Add-On)
Until its release date for in-game purchase the SNV-C is only available as a Reinforcement Add-On to an existing Standard or Collector Supernova Pack.
• SNV-BR "Boiler" (Hero Add-On)
The SNV-BR is the Hero variant of the Supernova, featuring a unique Hero Pattern and a 30% boost to C-Bill earnings. Until its release date for in-game purchase the SNV-BR is only available as a Hero Add-On to an existing Standard or Collector Supernova Pack.
The base variants that comprised the stable of 2016 Customer Appreciation 'Mechs are now available for direct purchase through the Gift Store.
The Loadouts of these standard variant 'Mechs are identical to their [L] counterparts, but they do not possess the +30% C-Bill Boost or the special Pattern.
• Blackjack BJ-2
• Cataphract CTF-3L
• Hellbringer HBR-F
• Stalker STK-3FB
• Summoner SMN-F
• Summoner SMN-M
These 'Mechs will become available for purchase with MC and C-Bills on the following dates:
MC Release Date (all variants): June 6th 2017
C-Bill Release Date (all variants): July 4th 2017
The OmniPods for the Hellbringer and Summoner variants will become available for purchase in-game on July 4th.
Along with their complementary delivery to eligible Supernova owners, the following Cockpit Items are also now available for purchase in-game:
Rover (Supernova Standing Cockpit Item): 500 MC
Satellite (Supernova Hanging Cockpit Item): 500 MC
Dish (Supernova Warhorn): 750 MC
Planet (Supernova Early Adopter Hanging Item): 750 MC
This patch also includes a new Standing Cockpit Item, available for purchase and to be included as an upcoming Event reward.
Pot 'o' Gold (Standing Item): 500 MC
Supernova Standard Pack (and Collector Pack)
Supernova Collector Pack
These Titles and Badges are only available through their associated Supernova Pack. The Collector Pack comes with both.
As with January, only two new Decals are arriving in this patch, releasing as part of the arrival of the Supernova. Sincere apologies to everyone looking for a slew of new Decals to accommodate the many requests; we promise that our subsequent patches this year will see more substantial Decal additions!
• Mushroom Cloud (Supernova Decal)
• Orbit (Supernova Decal)
Invasion Game Mode Name Change
To prevent confusion between the Invasion Game Mode and the Invasion Conflict type, the Invasion Game Mode - wherein players defend or attack the Orbital Defense Cannon - is now called Siege.
Mercenary Contract Auto-Renewal
Mercenary Contracts can now be set to auto-renew upon their completion by pilots with the necessary Unit permissions. When the auto-renewal box is checked, your current Contract will automatically renew for another standard 7 Day period with the same Faction upon completion of the previous Contract.
This toggle can be set either when the Contract is first being accepted, or later at any point during the Contract.
To have access to the auto-renewal checkbox in the Contracts interface you must possess the Manage Contracts permission.
Faction Play Interface Fixes and Changes
• Call To Arms: Fixed a rare issue where a Call To Arms could appear empty.
• Chat: Fixed an issue where the chat would remain visible with the Hide Overlays button active.
• Chat: Fixed an issue where the Faction Chat tab would not appear highlighted when first accessing the Faction Play interface.
• Conflicts Panel: Conflicts Panel now has a title header. Its name was previously only visible in the minimized tab at low resolutions.
• Conflicts Panel: Clarity improvements for Conflict, Faction, and Planet information within the Conflicts Panel.
• Conflicts Panel: Fixed some highlighting issues visible at high Gamma values in the mouse controls panel.
• Conflict Details: Various clean-up improvements to the Conflict Details interface.
• Contracts: Improved the speed with which Contract information is populated when accessing the Contract interface.
• Drop Deck Management: Fixed an issue where the 'Slot Currently Empty' text could be cut-off.
• Factions: Fixed an issue where the player would be unable to select a Faction Banner if their mouse remained over it while the Banner was moving to the center.
• Home: Fixed an issue where Mercenaries could possess the Freelancer icon.
• Inner Sphere Map/Conflicts Panel: Fixed an issue where players would be unable to re-select a Planet they had previously selected after selecting another Planet in the vicinity.
• Inner Sphere Map/Conflicts Panel: Mouse Control panel is now greyed-out when viewing Planet Details.
• Inner Sphere Map/Conflicts Panel: The camera will now only reset when clicking on a specific Conflict, not whenever the player clicks the Conflicts/War Log tabs.
• Looking For Group: Fixed an issue where players could click the LFG button while preparing to drop, forcing them into an error state. The LFG button is no longer clickable while preparing to drop.
• Scouting: Fixed an issue where the numbers within the Planetary Advantage tracker would flicker while in the Scouting pre-drop screen.
• Units: Setting the Unit Message of the Day is now performed within the Unit interface. It is no longer available through the Inner Sphere Map interface.
• Units: Disbanding the Unit is now performed through the Unit interface. It is no longer available through the Inner Sphere Map interface.
• Units: Greyed-out checkboxes for Permissions available only to the Unit Leader have been removed for better clarity.
• Units: Fixed an issue where resigning Unit Command to another member could keep that member at their current Rank with no means to promote themselves. When a member is assigned Command they will now be promoted automatically to the highest rank.
• Units: Fixed an issue where players could navigate interface buttons by using arrow keys in the text entry fields.
• Arctic Cheetah (all variants): Fixed a clipping issue during the pilot startup animation.
• Awesome (all variants): Cleaned up visible seams within the cockpit.
• Battlemaster (all variants): Moved the kill count monitor into a more visible area.
• Catapult (all variants): Fixed a colour issue in the Left Leg with the Steiner Pattern applied.
• Cicada (all variants): Cleaned up visible seams within the cockpit.
• Commando (all variants): Cleaned up arm clipping when turning.
• Highlander IIC (HGN-IIC-C): Fixed an issue where the Rear Armor values wouldn't save as intended when close to the Max Tonnage.
• Jenner IIC (all variants): Cleaned up visible seams within the cockpit.
• Kintaro (all variants): Cleaned up the leg animation when turning.
• Marauder IIC (all variants): Cleaned up visible seams within the cockpit.
• Night Gyr (all variants): Fixed a colour issue on both hips and arms with the default Pattern applied.
• Nova (all variants): Cleaned up the landing animation.
• Panther (all variants): Cleaned up visible seams within the cockpit.
• Spider (all variants): Cleaned up visible seams within the cockpit.
• Stalker (STK-M): Fixed an issue where the Heat and Armor values listed through the in-game Store didn't match the actual values in MechLab.
• Timber Wolf (all variants): Cleaned up the Jump Jet animation.
• UrbanMech (all variants): Fixed an issue where un-selecting the XL Engine checkbox with an XL 180 Engine equipped changes the Engine to a STD 175 Engine.
• UrbanMech (all variants): Fixed an issue where selecting the XL Engine checkbox with an STD 180 Engine equipped would not equip the XL version.
• Achievements: Fixed an issue where the incorrect Achievement could be shown after navigating the list and clicking an Achievement for more details.
• DropDeck: Fixed an issue where the Edit and Purchase Drop Deck tooltip could remain on-screen.
• Group: Fixed an issue where a full Group could add themselves to the Looking For Group queue.
• Group: Fixed an issue where a player's 'Mech could be listed as No 'Mech Selected, and return an error when attempting to launch.
• Group: Fixed an issue where the Group Launch button would not be clickable if the final player readied up while the Group Leader had their mouse hovering over the Group Launch button.
• Home: Added a missing tooltip for the XP icon.
• Home: Fixed an issue where the Current BattleMech entry could appear empty after logging in.
• Home: Fixed an issue where the 'Mech Efficiency icon would briefly appear as the C-Bill icon when returning from a match.
• Map Voting: Fixed an issue where the Loading notice could remain on-screen during the Voting phase, preventing the player from casting a vote.
• Map Voting: Fixed an issue where double-clicking your selection could cause the border around it to disappear.
• Marketing: Fixed an issue where repeatedly clicking the Marketing icon could cause the icon to flicker and prompt the player with the web page alert.
• MechLab: Machine Gun Damage value is now listed more specifically as 0.95 per second, rather than the previous value of 1.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where the button for increasing Engine size could become unclickable if the player held the button down until the Engine became too heavy.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where the Tonnage entry in 'Mech Stats could appear to shift its position slightly when making changes to a 'Mech.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where the wrong error was provided when hovering over C.A.S.E inside the Warehouse when the Max Item Limit had been reached.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where the 'Mech would be re-oriented after saving a Loadout change and would not automatically return to its original orientation.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where the tooltip for the Advanced Zoom Module incorrectly listed a value of 4x magnification, rather than the actual value of 4.4x.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where accessing the Equipment tab after either the Ammo or Modules tab could cause the Owned Items checkbox to briefly appear checked.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where text could stretch or appear offset after quickly toggling between various Warhouse tabs.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where quickly clicking over to another Component after making a change to a Component while in Column view could cause the information for that Component to appear blank.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where certain Quirks of the same type could be split up in the Quirk list.
• 'Mech Stats: Fixed an issue where hovering over the various components on the paperdoll would display the list of equipped items in reverse for a fraction of a second before showing the list correctly.
• 'Mech Stats: Fixed an issue where the Pitch graph was oriented incorrectly.
• Private Lobby: Fixed an issue where a player could appear to be readied with an Invalid 'Mech.
• Private Lobby: Fixed an issue where selecting a 'Mech above or below the Tonnage limit could prompt an error. If the Tonnage Limit was then adjusted to compensate, the player could still be prevented from selecting that 'Mech.
• Private Lobby: Fixed an issue where the Arctic Cheetah ACH-Prime [I] variant name would be cutoff.
• Ram's Warhorn: Improved the audio levels.
• Select 'Mech: Hardpoint values listed inside the 'Mech Portrait will now convey whether multiple instances of AMS are equipped.
• Settings (Audio): Bitchin' Betty Dialogue now has a dedicated checkbox in the Audio settings.
• Social (Friends List): 'Last Online' information is now provided for players within your Friends List. Their Last Online value will only start to update with the new system once they login after this patch. Until they do, their status will remain listed as Offline.
• Social (Friend Request): Fixed an issue where the Request Friend button was still clickable when no Pilot Name had been entered into the text field.
• Social (Group): Fixed an issue where the Create Group button would become accessible when an already-formed Group canceled a match search.
• Store: The Cart will now remember its contents if the player leaves the Store before completing their purchase.
• Store: Fixed an issue where the Current BattleMech window would appear cutoff at low resolution.
• Store: Fixed an issue where changing the resolution with items in your Cart could cause the Cart button to disappear.
• Supply Cache: Lengthy pilot names will no longer be cutoff in the End of Round Supply Cache Reward alert.
• Various other cleanups and minor alignment fixes throughout the various interfaces.
• The Private Lobby Chat box may become incapable of sending messages after returning from a Private Match if you are in a Group. If you encounter this issue, sending a message through Group Chat will enable you to then send messages through the Lobby Chat.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the standard MWO launcher
• Click the gear icon in the top right of the launcher window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game!