Upcoming Patch - Tuesday, August 15th, 2017 @ 10AM – 1PM PDT
Patch Number: 1.4.130
Standalone Client Patch Size: 1 GB
Steam Client Patch Size: 820 MB
Please note that due to compression differences the Steam patch size may differ from the standalone client patch size.
The latest wave of Clan Hero 'Mechs have arrived, and are now en-route to MechBays of eligible MechWarriors. With the arrival of these nine Clan Heroes, all Clan OmniMechs currently in-game now have at least one Hero variant. This patch also sees the release of distinct C-Bill variants for each of these nine Clan chassis. Along with these releases we've taken this opportunity to run a Quirk pass on specific variants of these Clan chassis, and have additionally updated these 'Mechs to support the visual display of all the new Clan tech released in our July patch.
With Incursion released in April, the Skill Tree and major balance adjustments in May, Competitive Mode and the Energy rebalance in June, and the new tech and timeline in July, August is a fairly light patch compared to recent months. Beyond the new Clan variants the main highlights of this patch for most will likely be a number of fixes and improvements throughout the game, such as a fix for two long-standing Faction Play DropShip issues, a fix for the impact of the Enhanced RAC/UAC Skill Node on RAC performance, improvements for the Uziel hitboxes, a fix for the long-standing issue of game objective audio continuing to trigger after the match has concluded, and more. This patch also features a handful of improvements to the Private Match Spectator Tool as we approach the Semi-Finals phase of the MechWarrior Online World Championship Tournament in September.
We'd like to take a moment here to acknowledge the feedback we've received regarding the animation of the Mad Cat MK II and Uziel 'Mechs since their release in July. Both of these 'Mechs will be undergoing an additional animation pass to address the reported issues; unfortunately, at this time we can't provide a solid ETA for when those adjustments will be made. We will attempt to get these 'Mechs addressed as soon as possible.
We'd like to apologize to all Mad Cat and Uziel pilots for the issues with animation quality present upon their initial release, and for the delay of their improvement.
In the meantime, read on for all the details of the August patch, and we'll see you on the battlefield!
- The MechWarrior Team
Release Date for MC: February 6th 2018
Clan Hero Variants
• Arctic Cheetah ACH-SH "Shard"
• Mist Lynx MLX-ED "Ebon Dragoon"
• Shadow Cat SHC-MI "Mishipeshu"
• Ice Ferret IFR-RC "Rainbow Crow"
• Ebon Jaguar EBJ-EC "Esprit De Corps"
• Hellbringer HBR-VI "Virago"
• Mad Dog MDD-BA "Bandit"
• Executioner EXE-CH "Cherbi"
• Gargoyle GAR-KW "Kin Wolf"
In addition to the new Heroes above, the Clan Wave 2 & 3 chassis are also receiving new C-Bill variants in this patch.
• Arctic Cheetah ACH-E
• Mist Lynx MLX-G
• Shadow Cat SHC-H
• Ice Ferret IFR-P
• Ebon Jaguar EBJ-D
• Hellbringer HBR-P
• Mad Dog MDD-H
• Executioner EXE-Q
• Gargoyle GAR-E
• Fixed an issue where players could be dropped out of bounds.
• Fixed an issue where players could get stuck at the re-Drop screen with the drop timer resetting after reaching 0.
• Fixed an issue where the Enhanced UAC/RAC nodes were not actually increasing the dissipation rate of the RAC jam bar.
• Side Torso hitbox areas have been reduced, with a greater portion of the CT, Arm, and Leg hitboxes now comprising their associated areas.
With the release of new Heroes and C-Bill variants for 9 Clan chassis, we've used this opportunity to run a Quirk adjustment pass on most of the chassis variants. In addition to overall Quirk updates, 'Mechs which did not previously possess Set of 8 Quirks have received them in this pass.
The new Clan Heroes and C-Bill variants are not included in the above document; check out the Countdown for the details of those new 'Mechs.
With the new MLX-ED and MLX-G variants both bringing Side Torso-mounted Energy Hardpoints to the chassis - a first for the Mist Lynx - we've opted to provide a boost to the other existing MLX Torso OmniPods in an effort to introduce more options for give-and-take between the new OmniPods and the existing OmniPods.
• Structure Bonuses on all Left and Right Torso MLX OmniPods without any weapon Hardpoints have been converted into Armor Bonuses.
We're providing the ACH with a series of Set of 8 Quirks in this pass, in addition to a handful of individual OmniPod-specific tweaks.
• ACH-A Left Arm OmniPod +8 Structure Quirk has been converted into +10 Armor Quirks.
• ACH-Prime Left Arm OmniPod has been provided with a +10 Armor Quirk.
• ACH-A and ACH-B Left and Right Torso OmniPod +7 Structure Bonuses has been increased to +10 Structure Bonuses.
• ACH-A Right Torso Arm Pitch and Yaw Rate Quirks have been removed, but have been replaced with a +10% Turn Rate Quirk.
• All ACH variants now posses Set of 8 Quirks.
The Ice Ferret continues to be a fairly solid skirmish/strike 'Mech. For this pass, we wanted to primarily perform a cleanup on its various Quirks, moving the bonus's previously found in the Center Torso over to their corresponding Side Torso locations.
• All Left Torso, Right Torso, Left Leg, and Right Leg Quirks previously located in the Center Torso have been relocated to their associated OmniPods.
• IFR-Prime and IFR-D Left Torso OmniPods have been provided with a +10% Turn Rate Quirk.
• IFR-Prime Center Torso Energy Heat Gen Quirk has been increased to 10% (from 5%).
• All IFR variants now possess Set of 8 Quirks.
For the most part the Shadow Cat is performing on target, but there are a handful of Quirks that we wished to clean up to provide the chassis with more consistency and better give and take depending on OmniPod selection.
• Mobility Quirks have been removed from SHC-Prime, SHC-P, and SHC-B Leg OmniPods.
• SHC-P Right Torso Run Rate Quirk has been removed, but has been replaced with a +5 Structure Bonus Quirk.
• SHC-B Right Torso Turn Rate Quirk has been increased to 10% (from 5%).
• SHC-A Left Torso Yaw Speed Quirk has been removed, but the existing Turn Rate Quirk has been increased to 10% (from 2.5%). The SHC-A LT OmniPod has also received 10% Accel/Decel Quirks.
• SHC-A Right Torso Missile Cooldown Quirk has been shifted to its Set of 8 Quirks.
• A number of existing Set of 8 Quirks for the SHC-Prime, SHC-A, and SHC-B have been increased.
The Mad Dog is performing on target with its most-used variants, but we feel there is an opportunity to introduce more variety and improved give and take with its Torso OmniPod options. With that in mind we are moving the Left and Right Torso Structure Quirks from their current location on the Center Torso to their associated Side Torso OmniPods, with Armor Bonuses being utilized in some cases instead of Structure. These Structure/Armor values are dependent on the Hardpoint availability in those respective Side Torso OmniPods.
• All Side Torso Structure Quirks, previously located in the Center Torso, are now placed into their respective ST OmniPods.
• These new Side Torso OmniPod Structure/Armor Quirk values are set according to the Hardpoint availability of each ST OmniPod.
• All MDD variants now possess Set of 8 Quirks.
The EBJ is only receiving an adjustment to Set of 8 Quirks in this pass; at this time we don't feel there is a need for providing the EBJ variants with adjustments to their OmniPod-specific Quirks.
• All EBJ variants now possess Set of 8 Quirks.
Given the natural power potential offered by the HBR-Prime Left Torso and its 3 Energy Hardpoints, in this pass we've aimed at making a series of Quirk adjustments to other HBR variant LT OmniPods in an effort to provide more offensively-oriented options for pilots who wish to run something a bit different with their Hellbringers.
• HBR-A, HBR-B, and HBR-F Left Torso OmniPods have received a series of new offensive Quirks.
• All HBR variants now possess Set of 8 Quirks.
For this pass we are specifically aiming to provide a bit more give and take between the GAR variants with and without Center Torso Hardpoints.
• GAR-A, GAR-B, and GAR-C +12 Structure Bonuses have been converted into +20 Armor Bonuses.
• GAR-Prime Center Torso Structure Bonus has been increased to 17 (from 12).
• GAR-D Center Torso Structure Bonus has been reduced to 8 (from 12).
• All GAR variants now possess Set of 8 Quirks.
All Executioner variants are receiving a handful of defensive Quirk adjustments in this pass.
• A number of EXE OmniPods have received various defensive enhancements.
• All EXE variants now possess Set of 8 Quirks.
Three new Cockpit Items are released in this patch, including Warhorns for the recently introduced Clan Steel Viper and Clan Nova Cat sub-factions.
Steel Viper (Warhorn): 750 MC
Nova Cat (Warhorn): 750 MC
Grenade (Standing Item): 750 MC
As outlined in our July Patch Notes, 'Mechs will undergo gradual retrofit passes to support the visual display of new weaponry. These visual retrofits are being done in stages.
As of this patch, all variants of the following chassis now support the distinct visuals of new weaponry:
• Arctic Cheetah
• Ebon Jaguar
• Ice Ferret
• Mad Dog
• Mist Lynx
• Shadow Cat
• AMS: Fixed an issue where disconnected 'Mechs could still fire AMS at incoming missiles.
• Annihilator: Fixed various issues where the Annihilator would be unable to pass under, would get stuck on, or would clip overhead geometry, such as the bridge on River City.
• Audio: Fixed an issue where Game Mode-specific audio could continue to trigger at the end of round screen, such as the voiceover updating the progress of the enemy even after the match had concluded.
• Competitive Play: Fixed an issue where the displayed Region for a Team wouldn't appear to update to reflect a new Region selection until re-entering the screen.
• Control/Keymap Reference: Default Consumable keymaps in the in-game control reference have been updated to reflect their new locations as of the Skill Tree patch.
• Emerald Taiga (F4): Fixed an issue where a turret would not fire on enemy forces.
• End of Round: Fixed an issue where the scroll bar arrows in the Player Stats screen could disappear.
• Faction Play: Fixed an issue where the 'Cancelling' message could remain on-screen if the player immediately chose to Cancel after hitting the Fight Now button.
• Forest Colony (H11): Fixed some floating rocks and vegetation.
• Grim Plexus (H3): Fixed a floating Scouting beacon.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where the 'Slots' count in the 'Mech Stats window would be incorrect with Stealth Armor equipped.
• MechLab: Fixed an issue where the Heat Scale warning could disappear when swapping the placement of 2 PPCs and 1 Light PPC.
• MechWarrior Academy/Tutorial: Fixed an issue where NPC dialog popups would not black out the backgrounds on all monitors as intended, when using a triple-monitor setup.
• Nova Cat: Standing and Hanging Items have been updated to use the new insignia.
• River City: The bridge has been raised slightly to better accommodate the heights of the Annihilator, Atlas, Executioner, and Grasshopper.
• Rotary AutoCannons: Reduced the chances of RAC audio failing to trigger when a large number of other sounds are also being triggered.
• Shark (Decal): 'Shark Week' text has been removed.
• Settings (Audio): The 'Enable VoIP' toggle in Audio Swill now cover VoIP communications from other players, rather than only applying to yourself.
• Settings (Floating Chat Notifications): Group Chat, Team Comp Chat, and Global Comp Chat Notification toggle options have been added.
• Splash Screen: A 'Skip Tutorial' button has been added to the intro splash screen. Once the Skip Tutorial button has been used the splash screen will not re-occur for subsequent logins.
• Terra Therma (H5): Removed an unnecessary wall to fix a sticky area.
• Uziel: Fixed a hole in the hips.
• VoIP: Fixed an issue where the player identification popup wouldn't appear when the HUD wasn't visible and the player was speaking, such as during the startup or DropShip sequences.
• Zeus: Fixed an issue where NARC geometry would not appear correctly when equipped.
Spectator Mode (Private Matches)
• Spectators can now send [All] type in-game chat messages.
• Team Roster details are now white, rather than red or blue, to improve readability.
• Specific 'Mechs can now be selected while using a gamepad in Freecam.
• Health indicator has been moved to the left of the 'Mech id info.
• 'Mech id has been added to kill notifications.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the standard MWO launcher or MWO Portal
• If launching with the standard MWO Launcher, click the gear icon in the top right of the launcher window. If launching with the new MWO Portal, select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game