We will be rolling out a hot-fix, currently scheduled for Thursday, September 21st at 3:00 PM PDT (10 PM UTC), to address the following fixes:
• Clan IIC Hero Cockpit Item: The Flashbang Grenade Cockpit Item will be injected into the accounts of all eligible IIC Hero pack owners. It will also be available for direct purchase with MC.
Clan Flashbang Grenade (Clan IIC Hero Standing Item): 500 MC
• Crash: Fixed a crash that could occur during combat when a 'Mech with no player attached was destroyed, such as when the player had disconnected.
• Cool Shot HUD element: Fixed an issue where the Cool Shot bar would remain visible in its HUD element immediately after using the first of two equipped Cool Shots; this led to the appearance that the second Cool Shot was ready for use while still in the cooldown period. When the first Cool Shot is used the bar will now clearly deplete by half, before disappearing to denote the cooldown state. When the cooldown has expired the remaining portion of the Cool Shot bar will then reappear to indicate that it can now be used.
• Faction Play: Potential fix for an issue where Faction Play votes could be miscalculated, causing the ratio of contested planets to be incorrect.
• Scoreboard: Fixed an issue where Enemy kill counts were not being displayed.
• Scoreboard: We are reverting the fix for 'Mech acceleration while accessing the Scoreboard, issued in our September patch, due to a resulting issue with receiving other 'Mech inputs. A restoration of the fix will be reevaluated for a future patch when any resulting issues have been addressed.
• Settings: Fixed incorrect tooltip text for the 'Enable Event Alerts' toggle.
Patch Files (Direct Download)
To make the patching process easier for players with limited download caps, we'll be providing direct download links for the patch file(s) that comprise this patch. This will allow you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, for manual injection into the MWO patcher through a Patch Cache folder.
Aside from allowing you to download the patch file(s) elsewhere, on another connection, there are no additional benefits to performing the patch this way; the patching process itself will be the same.
This direct patch download process will only work for players running the standalone client. It does not apply to players running MWO through Steam.
How to use these patch files
• Download the above file(s)
• For sake of ease we recommend creating a dedicated folder for the patch file(s), such as 'MWO Patch Cache'
• You do not need to unzip or unpack the patch file(s)
• Launch the MWO Portal
• Select the three horizontal lines in the top left of the Portal Window
• Choose the 'Specify Patch File Cache' option
• In the field that appears, paste or enter the location in which you saved the patch file(s) and hit OK
• For example, C:\Users\<username>\Documents\MWO Patch Cache
• Click the blue Patch button
• The launcher will now check the Patch Cache folder you defined. If it locates the required patch files, it will unpack and use those files to apply the patch.
• Once the patch is complete, launch the game