My Mwo Confession

47 replies to this topic

#1 Shiroi Tsuki

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

Just a little confession that I just wanna let it all out. MWO related of course!

Confession 1: I have NEVER used or bought a Large Pulse Laser ever since I joined (both IS AND Clan) Oh and I joined back when the Wang was the only Hero Mech around, can't remember the specific month. I'm not really sure why, is it good?

Confession 2: I like my Ballistic weapons! I also like Lurms because I find them "cool". I'm not a big fan of point and click, but I just find them visually appealing. I'm not a big fan of Lazurs though. It's not because I find it a gimmick, but they just seem to generate way too much heat and I don't like the sound! Except for them PPCs. I guess the sound is aight
Speaking of Ballistics, I LOVE MAI (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ MACHINE GUNS! ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ) I love them so much that I boat my Daishi with these bad boys. THAT'S RIGHT, I BOAT MY DAISHI WITH MACHINE GUNS!!! Err...... Direwolf! Sheesh... these Clanners need to calm down with designations
Dat Clan MG sound makes my hammer fire every time! If you don't get my reference: https://www.youtube....d&v=0OcGgvSIg6o

Confession 3: In my honest OPINION , arm only hardpoints and arm only builds are inferior and I dislike them. Yes, that includes the infamous 2 ER Large Laser on one arm Raven build. No matter how people do good with these builds,I will NEVER buy one and to me they are always inferior! I'm looking at you CPLT-A1 and Koshi Mist Lynx!

Confession 4: I praise Mechs that has hardpoints in the head or CT. I wish all Mechs do. I consider those that don't as second rates and are insta XLbuilds. I DON'T CARE HOW BIG THEIR TORSO IS, THEY ARE AN INSTA XL! Now, I'm not saying that these Mechs are bad, but deep down, I consider them "inferior" compared to Mechs that have hardpoints in the head or CT. I own a couple of these, and the only time I use STD engine is when I run it for the first time, when my only two XL engines are in a game, or when they're already used for my CW drop deck.

Confession 5: I'm one of those pilots that uses lower end PC potato toasters. My average FPS in game is 15, and when I'm not watching a slideshow in CW, I get 8. I should also mention that my settings are at the lowest of the low. So low in fact, that not even Jonah F's can't reach it. ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ PC master race! Oh and, hooray for black screen and random FPS lag! ^_^

Confession 6: I FREAKING HATE FIRESTARTERS!!!!!! I hate them so much, that I decided to call them Fudgers. La Expendable Pvt.Shiroi-chan's censorship 101. I like the hardpoints of the ember though

Confession 7: Flamurz. I like them ♥‿♥ ALL of my Mechs used to have them, UNTIL THOSE CLANNERS ARRIVED! Since those Madcats Timberwolf, you happy? never overheated when my 9 Flamur Huncy spat firebolz at them, so I decided to take them off and put on (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ Medium lazurs instead. https://www.youtube....d&v=5CJh68Qv3VE PGI pls. nerf those Flamurz, too op

Confession 8: I HATE unoriginality. Just because a certain youtuber uploaded this certain gameplay video, it doesn't mean we should all copy him and do it.
People complained when I ordered people in PUG to base rush (in assault) and yet, people comments "boring" "lame" "bad commander" "horrible" "uninstall MWO" and when this certain youtuber literally did the same thing with his unit in CW, suddenly it's awesome and a viable tactic! (╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Confession 9: I ADORE Terra Therma (─‿‿─) It's my second favorite map! (With Canyon being the first) No, I'm not being sarcastic! Even if I'm running my Flamur only Hunchy, I still love this map. Why? Great map design! It does need a little tweaks hear and there *cough* *cough* caldera but overall, in my OPINION, it's a solid map!

Confession 10: My K/D is 0.46 I was at 0.53 a couple months ago, and it dropped all the way down there when I began dropping with groups. I still have a lot to learn in group play, and frankly, I'm proud of my K/D! (ᵔᴥᵔ) It's better than my archived, which means I improved! Well.... kinda Meh, if I get a better PC, I might be able to bring it up to at least 1.00. I managed to pull it off in BF3, so I should be able to do it in MWO! (P.S, Tank Superiority FTW!!! OP: Clusterfudge, TDM, CQ DOM, and infantry only can suck it!) (P.P.S: The M16A3, AEK, and Javelins are for noobs! ┻━┻ ︵ヽ(`Д´)ノ︵ ┻━┻ )

Confession 11: When playing Assault or Conquest, I don't even think of winning by kills. I ALWAYS think of winning by PTFO securing the objective. This is why I love that company command role (ღ˘⌣˘ღ) If only people follow them.....

Confession 12: I like to stare at that Atlas butt when they're walking.Oh uhmm... you're still reading this? O_O Kudos to you!

I guess I've rambled too much. I have more to confess, but that shall be said in another day! Congrazzles if you manage to get this far, I never thought anyone would read this. Usually, someone would just comment "TLDR" and that commentator gets more attention than the post. ಥ_ಥ Anyways, that's all from me for now. Time to sortie in my A-10A and liberate Moscow or something. On the other hand, some animu would be nice. But then again, my Irender copy only have a couple of days left before it expires......

Edit: Speling and gramer chekc

Edited by Shiroi Tsuki, 23 December 2014 - 08:18 AM.

#2 superteds

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 722 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:09 AM

ok

#3 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts
  • LocationCosplaying Ruby from Rwby in Aiur, Auckland, GA America, Interior Union, Mar Sara and Remnant

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

View Postsuperteds, on 23 December 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

ok

k

#4 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:15 AM

My confessions:

1. A mech must have at least 2 energy hardpoints, or I refuse to use it unless it was a preorder mech "forced" as part of a package tier. Must have at least 1 energy hardpoint for me to take it seriously.

2. 4 LPL Warhawk master race.

3. Boat laser vomit on EVERYTHING, including IS mechs too. MOAR pewpew!

4. I avoid using lights outside of preorder pack "prerequisites" because I suck nards at driving them, especially the faster ones (my reflexes/reaction times aren't fast enough to git gud with them).

5. I don't always use ECM, but when I do, I use ECM on a 89 kph heavy mech with assault mech firepower.

6. Wubhawk is the best Warhawk.

7. Seismic Wallhack is the first module the goes on every mech, period. No exceptions. Ever.

8. Never use more than 10 rear armor on anything. I die from alpha strikes to my face a lot more often than rear shots (basically all of my rear deaths happen when I'm surrounded and outnumbered anyways, so I'd still be boned either way...).

9. I don't use STD engines on anything outside of the "mandatory" mechs, i.e. Stalker, Thunderbolt, Atlas, Hunchie, etc. XL is underrated.

10. But seriously, the LPL Warhawk really is underrated.

Edited by FupDup, 23 December 2014 - 08:24 AM.

#5 Agent 0 Fortune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 3,403 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:22 AM

I have always wondered if running a troll build is a reportable offense?
If non-participation, shooting your team, and divulging locations; are griefing offenses, I have to believe bring 100 wasted tons is in there somewhere.

#6 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

Well that was annoying.

#7 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 08:25 AM

View PostAgent 0 Fortune, on 23 December 2014 - 08:22 AM, said:

I have always wondered if running a troll build is a reportable offense?
If non-participation, shooting your team, and divulging locations; are griefing offenses, I have to believe bring 100 wasted tons is in there somewhere.

Would you believe me if I killed an enemy using a 9 flamer build? (Spoiler alert: Kill steal) I also almost manged to kill a Batltemaster, but then I overheated and forgot that I have override and cool shots.

#8 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:05 AM

View PostShiroi Tsuki, on 23 December 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Would you believe me if I killed an enemy using a 9 flamer build? (Spoiler alert: Kill steal) I also almost manged to kill a Batltemaster, but then I overheated and forgot that I have override and cool shots.
My 12 flamer 4 machine gun Nova has seen 6 kill games. There is a technique to using multiple flamers and not having them cook you. Range is abominable short, but DPS output is ridiculous.

View PostFupDup, on 23 December 2014 - 08:15 AM, said:

My confessions:

1. A mech must have at least 2 energy hardpoints, or I refuse to use it unless it was a preorder mech "forced" as part of a package tier. Must have at least 1 energy hardpoint for me to take it seriously.

2. 4 LPL Warhawk master race.

3. Boat laser vomit on EVERYTHING, including IS mechs too. MOAR pewpew!

4. I avoid using lights outside of preorder pack "prerequisites" because I suck nards at driving them, especially the faster ones (my reflexes/reaction times aren't fast enough to git gud with them).

5. I don't always use ECM, but when I do, I use ECM on a 89 kph heavy mech with assault mech firepower.

6. Wubhawk is the best Warhawk.

7. Seismic Wallhack is the first module the goes on every mech, period. No exceptions. Ever.

8. Never use more than 10 rear armor on anything. I die from alpha strikes to my face a lot more often than rear shots (basically all of my rear deaths happen when I'm surrounded and outnumbered anyways, so I'd still be boned either way...).

9. I don't use STD engines on anything outside of the "mandatory" mechs, i.e. Stalker, Thunderbolt, Atlas, Hunchie, etc. XL is underrated.

10. But seriously, the LPL Warhawk really is underrated.
All of this. All of it.

Well, except laser vomit. I have oodles of lazors on many Mechs, but I love my dakka too. I do believe I a bare minimum of two lasers as backup weapons, however,and I'll always run with less ammo to ensure I have them when necessary. Even my dual ac20 Jag runs with 4ML.

#9 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 23 December 2014 - 09:41 AM

View PostTLBFestus, on 23 December 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Well that was annoying.

Hate to be a ****, but yeah.
This post sounded like it was being read by a 15 year old white girl hopped up on starbucks.

#10 KuroNyra

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 23 December 2014 - 10:24 AM

Confession: While I am a Clanner in my heart. (Just trying the IS mech for the CW, don't worry, I'll go back to my clan soon.)
I largely prefer to play IS Mech, especially the Hunchback and the Stalker.

#11 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:32 PM

View PostTLBFestus, on 23 December 2014 - 08:25 AM, said:

Well that was annoying.

Thanks for the feedback. Which part(s) did you found annoying? All of it? I would like to know so I could improve on this

#12 FETTY WAP

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 456 posts
  • Locationspaaaace

Posted 23 December 2014 - 02:43 PM

View PostShiroi Tsuki, on 23 December 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Thanks for the feedback. Which part(s) did you found annoying? All of it? I would like to know so I could improve on this

All of the emotes/intentional misspelling, man..

#13 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostShiroi Tsuki, on 23 December 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Mostly all of it.

The pubescent spelling, the change in font size, emoticons. It screams out " I'm a kid, don't bother listening to me".

#14 KraftySOT

• The 1 Percent
  • 3,617 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:10 PM

Hey a bad has something to say...everyone listen.

#15 KharnZor

• Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 3,584 posts
  • LocationBrisbane, Queensland

Posted 23 December 2014 - 03:32 PM

View PostKraftySOT, on 23 December 2014 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hey a bad has something to say...everyone listen.

I couldnt hear so i just read the OP post.

#16 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:03 PM

View PostBurktross, on 23 December 2014 - 09:41 AM, said:

Hate to be a ****, but yeah.
This post sounded like it was being read by a 15 year old white girl hopped up on starbucks.

I'll admit, this is a little accurate....

View PostLava Cookies, on 23 December 2014 - 02:43 PM, said:

All of the emotes/intentional misspelling, man..

View PostTLBFestus, on 23 December 2014 - 03:09 PM, said:

Mostly all of it.

The pubescent spelling, the change in font size, emoticons. It screams out " I'm a kid, don't bother listening to me".

Whelp, since I'm writing a novel, I thought that some of you might doze off or get bored, so I figured to add some emoticon and tried to add some humor (I tried ok?) to make this a little more interesting. Since this is just a confession thing, I wasn't too serious, but thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind

#17 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 December 2014 - 04:18 PM

View PostShiroi Tsuki, on 23 December 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

I'll admit, this is a little accurate....

Whelp, since I'm writing a novel, I thought that some of you might doze off or get bored, so I figured to add some emoticon and tried to add some humor (I tried ok?) to make this a little more interesting. Since this is just a confession thing, I wasn't too serious, but thanks for the feedback, I'll keep that in mind
Total aside here, but thanks for keeping it classy. A lot of people would have gotten right growly at this point :)

Edited by Wintersdark, 23 December 2014 - 04:19 PM.

#18 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:27 PM

What he said.

#19 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 23 December 2014 - 06:33 PM

View PostShiroi Tsuki, on 23 December 2014 - 08:09 AM, said:

Confession 2: I like my Ballistic weapons! I also like Lurms because I find them "cool". I'm not a big fan of point and click, but I just find them visually appealing. I'm not a big fan of Lazurs though. It's not because I find it a gimmick, but they just seem to generate way too much heat and I don't like the sound! Except for them PPCs. I guess the sound is aight
Speaking of Ballistics, I LOVE MAI (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧ MACHINE GUNS! ✧゚・: *ヽ(◕ヮ◕ヽ) I love them so much that I boat my Daishi with these bad boys. THAT'S RIGHT, I BOAT MY DAISHI WITH MACHINE GUNS!!! Err...... Direwolf! Sheesh... these Clanners need to calm down with designations

Here's a little secret...MG are lasers.

They are heatless hitscan.

#20 Shiroi Tsuki

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,205 posts

Posted 23 December 2014 - 07:05 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 December 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

Total aside here, but thanks for keeping it classy. A lot of people would have gotten right growly at this point :)

Going growly isn't my style. Besides, if I did, I would probably make my unit or the FRR look bad, and I don't want that! I appreciate that people didn't flip out like how I was expecting some would have.

View PostMcgral18, on 23 December 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

Here's a little secret...MG are lasers.

They are heatless hitscan.

My apologies for asking, but what is a "hit scan" ?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users