Time To Tweet Russ.

86 replies to this topic

#1 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts
  • LocationWarrior, Command Star, Alpha Galaxy, Clan Wolf.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:08 PM

Seems we do not have an attack lane into the Inner Sphere again. Also, we do not have any attack vector into Ghost Bear too for some reason, which is also strange due to the long boarder we got.
Guess the tool they used to fix the algorythm does not work...

Twitter time Wolves!

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/

Edited by Vincent V., 11 February 2015 - 10:09 PM.

#2 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:10 PM

View PostVincent V., on 11 February 2015 - 10:08 PM, said:

Seems we do not have an attack lane into the Inner Sphere again. Also, we do not have any attack vector into Ghost Bear too for some reason, which is also strange due to the long boarder we got.
Guess the tool they used to fix the algorythm does not work...

Twitter time Wolves!

https://twitter.com/russ_bullock/

Tweet Paul, he has the over ride tool access.

#3 Malcolm Vordermark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,520 posts

Posted 11 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

Now we're even cut off from Ghost Bear.I might be upset if it weren't so funny.

#4 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,684 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 12 February 2015 - 04:45 AM

View PostRouken, on 11 February 2015 - 10:15 PM, said:

Now we're even cut off from Ghost Bear.I might be upset if it weren't so funny.

I look at the map and start laughing. Then i look at it again and i start crying.

#5 pbiggz

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 4,684 posts
  • LocationOutreach

Posted 12 February 2015 - 10:10 AM

tweet russ not paul. Russ checks his twitter, paul probably has it because russ told him he needed to have it.

#6 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:05 AM

5 borders, one planet to attack LOL

#7 Asatur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 15 February 2015 - 01:09 AM

Why they make us feel abandoned every day while others are normally fighting? It's already annoyed.

#8 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 02:48 AM

Personally I would love to see a "voting" system in the game where Loyalist Units vote on the planet they want to attack... But mh, I doubt PGI is reading this post... I think we should have had an attack vector into the Draconis Combine as well to be honest.

I think this needs a bit of refining as it is a draft but I think they really should put a code in the Algorythm that translates roughly into something like this;

Rule 1; If a faction borders another faction, it can attack a planet of that faction close to that border.

This would be the primary rule. If those borders touch, you should be able to fight a planet close to that border.

Rule 2; If a faction has several planets belonging to another faction close to the border, it can attack the closest of these planets.

Currently there are two planets in that area under Free Rasalhague Republic and one under the Draconis Combine.

Rule 3; Clan factions can attack one planet belonging to an Inner Sphere faction each cycle if they have a border to that faction. Clan factions are given priority of Inner Sphere attack targets and vice versa. If there is a twist, see rule 4.

This would overrule Inner Sphere factions in the algorythm to avoid them getting to choose the Inner Sphere planet as their attack vector. It would also encourage Inner Sphere factions bordering the Clans to push towards us.

Rule 4; The faction with the least amount of borders to the other faction can attack the planet closest to their border. If the amount of borders is the same (including enclaves or exclaves) see rule 5.

Ghost Bear, Kurita and Smoke Jaguar have 2 borders to the Free Rasalhague Republic due to enclaves, Wolf has 1.

Rule 5; The faction that borders the least amount of factions can attack the planet belonging to a faction closest to their border each cycle. If the amount is the same, see rule 6 or 7 wherever applicable.

Current map situation;

Draconis Combine: 7 (Smoke Jaguar, Ghost Bear, Wolf, Free Rasalhague Republic, Lyran Commonwealth, Free Worlds League and the Federated Suns)
Free Rasalhague Republic: 5 (Steiner, Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, Wolf, Draconis Combine)
Clan Smoke Jaguar: 4 (Draconis Combine, Ghost Bear, Wolf, Free Rasalhague Republic)
Clan Ghost Bear: 4 (Draconis Combine, Wolf, Free Rasalhague Republic, Jade Falcon)
Clan Wolf: 4 (Jade Falcon, Ghost Bear, Smoke Jaguar, Free Rasalhague Republic)

Rule 6; If a faction has 1 planet left open for attack in an enclave but that planet is bordered by several factions, the faction with the border closest to the planet can attack it.

Rule 7; If a faction has 1 planet left open for attack total but that planet is bordered by several factions, the faction with the border closest to the planet can attack it.

Just in case it goes that far.

I know, rough draft... Just trying to wrap my head around it is hard... But this should not be too hard to fix.

#9 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 10:11 PM

Time to tweet Paul and Russ again too... No Inner Sphere target even though we border Altenmark...

#10 Mordin Ashe

• 1,505 posts

Posted 18 February 2015 - 11:00 PM

Please, post questions into Town Hall that should happen today/tomorrow. CGB is regularly on 40-50% of attack lanes we should have and it severely cripples our player base. Clans can't build up CW playerbase without valid attack lanes, and PGI is deliberately taking away our access to them.

#11 Gyrok

• Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:39 AM

We should be able to hit Nox back, we took Utrecht last night in a late counter offensive attempting to pull them off Nox and hold onto it. They did not pull off of Nox soon enough, and Utrecht was our victory.

#12 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 06:44 AM

View PostGyrok, on 19 February 2015 - 06:39 AM, said:

We should be able to hit Nox back, we took Utrecht last night in a late counter offensive attempting to pull them off Nox and hold onto it. They did not pull off of Nox soon enough, and Utrecht was our victory.

They already opened up Nox for us right after the ceasefire ended eight hours ago. It was hitable.

#13 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 February 2015 - 03:16 PM

its gone again? seriously everytime when we have weekend and EU's time to paly the terra directed corridor is gone -.-

#14 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 04:17 PM

View PostLily from animove, on 20 February 2015 - 03:16 PM, said:

its gone again? seriously everytime when we have weekend and EU's time to paly the terra directed corridor is gone -.-

Yup... Second attack phase in a row where we do not have an IS target even though we boarder the FRR...

My question yesterday was a personal question, concern from my part and on to the point but... This is really starting to make me wonder.

#15 Vincent V. Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel IV
  • Star Colonel IV
  • 299 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 11:10 PM

View PostVincent V., on 20 February 2015 - 04:17 PM, said:

... Second attack phase in a row...

Third....

#16 General Solo

• Legendary Founder
  • 3,625 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:12 AM

Maybe its part of the plan,
If Clan's only attack IS,
means each Clan can have some R and R whilst their attack lanes are blocked
and other clans attack lanes are open.
So the clans with open attack lanes can well attack
and the others can R and R, recover from burn out.

Edited by OZHomerOZ, 21 February 2015 - 09:13 AM.

#17 Alecxei Malthus

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 30 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 09:37 AM

look at the lore map and the current one, it to me it looks like pgi intends to enforce the tukayyid border and not let us past it, that or they never figured on us making it this far this fast. and are now attempting to hobble us to protect their precious innersphere. if this crap doesn't get fixed i am not buying the 3rd wave, and may walk away from mwo all together.

#18 Seth

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 785 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:09 AM

View PostAlecxei, on 21 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

look at the lore map and the current one, it to me it looks like pgi intends to enforce the tukayyid border and not let us past it, that or they never figured on us making it this far this fast. and are now attempting to hobble us to protect their precious innersphere. if this crap doesn't get fixed i am not buying the 3rd wave, and may walk away from mwo all together.

It's beta. The map is going to be reset. Don't lose your mind.

#19 Repasy Cooper

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,131 posts
  • LocationAlpheratz

Posted 21 February 2015 - 11:19 AM

View PostAlecxei, on 21 February 2015 - 09:37 AM, said:

Lol I bought Wave 3 in a heartbeat.

#20 Estherakrin

Rookie

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 7 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 10:15 PM

ohboyherewego.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users