Who Thinks Of These Dynamic Models?!

1 reply to this topic

#1 xXBagheeraXx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,707 posts

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

Got myself some shiney new Cauldron born's a la carte today and mounted a pair of PPC's onto the energy boat model......

instead of stcking them right in the middle of the model (where the gauss rifle pokes from if you have the prime arm) it stuck the ppc barrels up in the top hardpoint.....

OK so i figured if i stuck a medium laser in there first, then the ppc, it would move it to the middle postion...

NOPE it sticks it in the BOTTOM hardpoint.....Im sorry but that looks incredibly gaudy. PPC's on the Cauldron should default to the middle postion. Ive seen the same thing placing ppcs in the madcats arms, if thats all in the hardpoint it puts them in the BOTTOM hardpoint and it looks like a big ugly knuckledragger...Aesthetics are just as important as that the mech can carry..

Also they KNOW we like weapons mounted as high as possible, so why is it when you place 2 medium lasers in the side torso of a Cauldron, one goes into the high mount, then the second goes into the low sling nose mount? What sense does that make? Or the nova, if you place just 3 lasers an arm it puts them all in the LOWEST possible positions.

Would it be possible to pick exactly where we wanted each weapon to be mounted per-hardpoint?

#2 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 24 September 2015 - 08:08 AM

Something to do with each mount accommodating specific sized weapons. I can't for example put an AC20 on the top most slot of my Jager arm, because of size issue. I can put in an AC2 or AC5 no issue though. I guess the Timbie's lower arm mount is tailor made towards big guns like the CERPPC.

As for why the need of sized mounts, I suppose it interferes with the mech model too much, otherwise.

Edited by El Bandito, 24 September 2015 - 08:11 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users