90 replies to this topic

#1 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 27 January 2016 - 08:36 PM

Greetings Trothkin!

As you no doubt already know, the state of our holdings within the Inner Sphere is abysmal. As the forum debate as to why this has come about spirals out of control in regards to who's fault it is (Clan Nerfs, Merc units switching sides, etc) , the fact of the matter is that we are failing as Clan Warriors to effectively pursue the will of Kerensky. There comes a point where we have to stop blaming the system and take responsibility for our failure.

With the recent release of MWO on Steam, we have gotten a huge influx of players and we are happy to have them. Unfortunately for them, they have joined a game whose population has been playing MWO for years and who know how to play the game at peak efficiency. What we find ourselves having is an issue where experienced warriors are teamed up with the inexperienced, leading to disunity and failed attacks or defenses. I would like to say that this is by no means an attack on new warriors. We've all been there, we know the frustration.

What we at the Ebon Keshik propose is that those Clan Warriors looking to become educated on how to compete in the Community Warfare arena as well as learning how to become knowledgeable in regards to mech builds, strategies, and piloting join us at the Ebon Keshik TS for a few CW matches a night. We plan on setting up a channel dedicated to this endeavor and would be happy to host as many pilots as possible. This is by no means a recruitment ploy. We simply want to promote the welfare of the Clans and create a pool of seasoned and knowledgeable warriors.

For those interested, please reply here in the thread and we will reach out to you through MWO. We encourage that other units take on the same task so that we can turn out more experienced pilots into the CW arena.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 27 January 2016 - 09:13 PM.

#2 Carimm Wolf

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 37 posts
  • LocationNorth West Indiana

Posted 27 January 2016 - 09:51 PM

I have been dropping with the leadership of the Ebon Keshik for over a year and in doing so have gained considerable skill and earned a good chunk of change in the process. I am currently serving with Epsilon Galaxy and continue to drop with these guys on a daily basis. I would love to meet more wolf or possibly other clan warriors in order to drop in CW as well as public drops to practice individual piloting. Hope to see you guys soon! Drop well Trothkin

#3 Naglinator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 975 posts
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 27 January 2016 - 10:22 PM

It's a shame most pugs don't read the forums otherwise this might help. If players even spent 5 min reading before playing this game they might even know NOT to shoot the door when trying to open it :)

#4 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 03:41 AM

Yeah. Perhaps we can take this initiative further by advertising loyalist unit TS's in matches and inviting new players to come drop.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 28 January 2016 - 03:41 AM.

#5 CroDragon

Rookie

• 4 posts
  • LocationCroatia, Zagreb

Posted 28 January 2016 - 10:41 AM

I'm interested in getting better, since I just recently after eliting the TBR went into CW & went loyal fro Wolf. Mostly for fun and wanting to see Clan Wolf where it rightfully belongs, at the top, protecting the Inner Sphere.

Just a warning I'm EU time +1 so that could pose a problem if anything is happening during the week.

#6 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:01 AM

Not a problem Cro! Thanks for reaching out to us! We are mostly NA Time Zones at the Ebon Keshik but we have a late night/early morning crew that plays around your time frame I think. We'll friend you in game and bring you into our TS. If your times don't align well enough with our own, we can see what loyalist Wolf Units have more EU players that play during your prime time hours and work something out that way.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 28 January 2016 - 11:05 AM.

#7 Demolitions45

Rookie

• Big Brother
  • 4 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:09 AM

I'm assuming this is partly a call at the fact that you guys played a match with us [F.O.A.D] yesterday. Granted we are willing to learn, but i'd suggest you make this known BEFORE the match fully goes underway. We all admitted to the calling prowess you guys exhibit. But you need to assert yourselves sooner, rather than towards the end of the match as was the case with the first attack.

#8 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 11:25 AM

Actually Demo this proposal has nothing to do with our matches last night with F.O.A.D although I understand why you would think so and for that I apologize. The lack of game knowledge has been a problem for the Clans for quite some time in Community Warfare. More often than not, organized Clan units will drop and win an attack or defense map only to have whatever progress that was made be negated after Clan PUG teams lose their match (we're not blaming just PUGs, organized drops lose as well, just more often than not it is non-premades). We understand that warriors may not want to be part of a unit and maybe are just looking to play CW by themselves, but what we've constantly been seeing in the forums are new warriors expressing their discontent with the game mode and how they repeatedly get defeated by a considerable margin. We believe this problem could be remedied with a little bit of training and embedding the value of coordination and teamwork in our PUG players.

What we hope to accomplish by this initiative is creating a precedent where the Clans can actually take and hold territory by affording our Clan PUG community the know-how on being effective warriors and thus furthering the agenda of the Clans. And mind you, this plan is only relevant to warriors who want to learn from experienced loyalist units. We by no means expect everyone to participate, we are simply providing them the opportunity to learn should they so choose.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 28 January 2016 - 11:31 AM.

#9 Gruinhardt

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • Mercenary Rank 4
  • 198 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

TS address? Will be dropping in some CW tonight, NA Primetime. Plan on dropping with my unit, but may be looking to group up, once population dies down.

#10 Commander A9

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 8
  • 2,375 posts
  • LocationGDI East Coast Command, Fort Dix, NJ

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:19 PM

Rasalhauge does this alot.

And I hope to see it implemented here.

The lore-minded units like Clan Wolf International would certainly appreciate it.

Edited by Commander A9, 28 January 2016 - 12:21 PM.

#11 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:20 PM

View PostI Demolitions I, on 28 January 2016 - 11:09 AM, said:

I'm assuming this is partly a call at the fact that you guys played a match with us [F.O.A.D] yesterday. Granted we are willing to learn, but i'd suggest you make this known BEFORE the match fully goes underway. We all admitted to the calling prowess you guys exhibit. But you need to assert yourselves sooner, rather than towards the end of the match as was the case with the first attack.

Not at all Demo. We don't want to assert ourselves as dropleads when we are outnumbered 2 to 1 in that drop. We saw it more of a way to find the issues your drop lead may be having. We recognized them and invited you to our TS to discuss.

Edited by RG Wolf Vickers, 28 January 2016 - 12:20 PM.

#12 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:39 PM

View PostCommander A9, on 28 January 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

Rasalhauge does this alot.

And I hope to see it implemented here.

The lore-minded units like Clan Wolf International would certainly appreciate it.

Yeah for now we hope to focus on bringing the experience-level of our warriors up in general and then to progress into a more collaborative effort between Clan Loyalist units via TS, leader discussion and planning sessions, etc.

Although if some of the more established units can handle both initiatives I'm all for it.

Edited by Bjorn Bekker, 28 January 2016 - 12:42 PM.

#13 RG Wolf Vickers

• PipPipPip
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • Mercenary Rank 9
  • 66 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:42 PM

View PostGruinhardt, on 28 January 2016 - 12:19 PM, said:

TS address?

Gruinhardt, I'd like to reiterate Bjorn's original request that interest be shown in this thread. One of the Ebon Keshik members will be reaching out to you to coordinate.

#14 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:47 PM

SWOL has great training packages attached to their membership. We run 12 v 12 training days weekly. Also run great CW drops daily.

#15 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 12:51 PM

View PostEmber Stormfield, on 28 January 2016 - 12:47 PM, said:

SWOL has great training packages attached to their membership. We run 12 v 12 training days weekly. Also run great CW drops daily.

Glad to hear it! But do warriors just looking to learn have to join SWOL in order to receive this training? What we're hoping to foster is an environment where warriors can learn without the pressure to join a unit. Membership could maybe come after if both parties show interest?

#16 Swagpanda89

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 278 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Location77th Black Wolves

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:04 PM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 28 January 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

Glad to hear it! But do warriors just looking to learn have to join SWOL in order to receive this training? What we're hoping to foster is an environment where warriors can learn without the pressure to join a unit. Membership could maybe come after if both parties show interest?

Like FRR does... only a big wolf teamspeak with a lot of dropships, waiting areas, links to guides and so on will help there. Big and active units should send their dcs and drooteams there so that they can mix up with new players.

#17 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 01:21 PM

View PostSwagpanda89, on 28 January 2016 - 01:04 PM, said:

Like FRR does... only a big wolf teamspeak with a lot of dropships, waiting areas, links to guides and so on will help there. Big and active units should send their dcs and drooteams there so that they can mix up with new players.

Definitely. That's the point we're hoping to get to. It's obviously worked for the FRR. Strana Mechty TS was our first attempt but is largely ignored. I believe we can create such a format only once we have promoted the value of such an endeavor and it has become widely accepted by the rest of the Clan community.

#18 Carl Vickers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Covert
  • The Covert
  • 2,649 posts
  • LocationPerth

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:07 PM

As a member of EK and the off shift drop commander I endorse this thread.

Come and join us on TS, learn, have fun and win, that's the point of this.

Out of all of the factions I have faced FRR is the most organised and we want the Clans to be the same.

#19 MechWarrior4023212

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 367 posts
  • LocationBrisbane

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:17 PM

View PostBjorn Bekker, on 28 January 2016 - 12:51 PM, said:

We have a teamspeak and if you contact Blueduck I think he allows you in, but not sure.

We add friends for drops, so if you see SWOL add them as a friend.Posted Image

#20 Bjorn Coston

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 212 posts

Posted 28 January 2016 - 05:19 PM

Awesome! Thanks Ember Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users