Override Suggestion

12 replies to this topic

#1 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 29 August 2016 - 10:30 PM

If you plan to implement EDS please please PLEASE add a second type of Override. One to allow weapons to fire when there is not enough energy for them. One to allow you to keep operating when you reach heat limits. As it stands it is too easy to kill yourself from overheating when all you want is to be able to have your weapons fire when you tell them to.

Either that or eliminate the change where weapons dont fire if the energy isnt there to support it.

#2 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 04:10 AM

- You can fire weapon when here no energy to fire them, you just get huge heat penalty and die without turning on Override.

#3 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:06 AM

View PostTiantara, on 30 August 2016 - 04:10 AM, said:

- You can fire weapon when here no energy to fire them, you just get huge heat penalty and die without turning on Override.

WRONG. If you have no energy and try to fire a weapon it doesnt fire. You have to turn on override to get them to fire when energy is 0. And that makes it far to easy to blow up your mech due to overheating on accident. Get rid of the need to use Override to fire weapons when at 0 energy or add a second override for the weapons specifically.

#4 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 05:15 AM

- But I can fire with 0 energy without override by second group of weapon and take all heat penalty at once. I know that it wrote in PTS description, but I can fire with flashing indicator. Maybe something broken. And yes, I know about how easy to blow mech now with override turned on. I tested that about 70 times on nearly 50 mech. Fire 1 group weapon with full 30 ED and press second group when ED depleted - and you see that it works without override, just knock you to long shutdown with damage.

#5 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:41 AM

View PostTiantara, on 30 August 2016 - 05:15 AM, said:

- But I can fire with 0 energy without override by second group of weapon and take all heat penalty at once. I know that it wrote in PTS description, but I can fire with flashing indicator. Maybe something broken. And yes, I know about how easy to blow mech now with override turned on. I tested that about 70 times on nearly 50 mech. Fire 1 group weapon with full 30 ED and press second group when ED depleted - and you see that it works without override, just knock you to long shutdown with damage.

I realized I had tested this on PTS1 and hadnt tested it on PTS2. So I logged on and performed a simple test.

Weapon Group 1: 2 AC20
Weapon Group 2: 4 Small Lasers

Tap Group1 and then immediately after (before any energy recharges) tap Group2. Lasers dont fire. Tiantara you are dead wrong...

#6 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 06:53 AM

- Strange...
I take 2xGauss and 3xERLL - after Gauss fire I easy fire with 3xERLL and go to overheat. I tested that and even make video. So - maybe something wrong with specific weapons.

Edited by Tiantara, 30 August 2016 - 06:55 AM.

#7 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:16 AM

View PostTiantara, on 30 August 2016 - 06:53 AM, said:

- Strange...
I take 2xGauss and 3xERLL - after Gauss fire I easy fire with 3xERLL and go to overheat. I tested that and even make video. So - maybe something wrong with specific weapons.

Its the Energy Draw. If you add one small laser to your gauss group, you will no longer be able to fire your second weapon group.

So if you draw up to and including 30 Energy your weapons still fire. If you draw over 30 energy your weapons wont fire until your energy has replenished to at least 1 Energy...unless you hit Override.

#8 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:32 AM

- Well... 2xGauss = 40 ED (warning signal) and than 2nd group without restriction with full heat penalty and without override. I got test it more time, but seems it works on PTS2 like that.

#9 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 07:53 AM

View PostTiantara, on 30 August 2016 - 07:32 AM, said:

- Well... 2xGauss = 40 ED (warning signal) and than 2nd group without restriction with full heat penalty and without override. I got test it more time, but seems it works on PTS2 like that.

2xGauss = 30 ED. Its when you go OVER 30 ED that you hit the problem I am referring to.

#10 Gentleman Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Wrench
  • The Wrench
  • 733 posts
  • LocationWinnipeg, the land of slurpees and potholes

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:10 AM

View PostShadowspawn42, on 30 August 2016 - 07:53 AM, said:

2xGauss = 30 ED. Its when you go OVER 30 ED that you hit the problem I am referring to.

2 Gauss is 40 draw in PTS2

#11 Shadowspawn42

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 46 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 08:29 AM

View PostGentleman Reaper, on 30 August 2016 - 08:10 AM, said:

2 Gauss is 40 draw in PTS2

Ok...then there is something broken in their mechanics. I tested this with 2 gauss plus 3 ERLL as suggested and weapons all fired. I added one small laser to the 2 gauss and the 3 ERLLs did NOT fire unless override was active.

And my 2 AC20s followed by 4 small lasers did not fire the lasers unless override was active.

#12 Reno Blade

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 3,461 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 30 August 2016 - 10:31 AM

I was also wondering...
If the effect would be inplace, it would make life so much easier, as you just would not accidentially shoot yourself to oblivion spamming your dakka in a KingCrab/DakaWhale/Teddibear.

I specially tested this yesterday in a private lobby with a buddy with two mechs:
King Crab with 4x UAC5 and 2x ML pushing the limit, no issue besides heat spikes if none of the 4 UAC5s jammed on second shot.
Direwolf with 3x ERLL, 1x ERPPC, 1x UAC10, 1x UAC20.

I could fire everything in different scenarios without noticing the "you can't shoot" effect without override.
e.g. 3x ERLL and UAC10, then instantly UAC20 and then right after ERPPC.
I always shut down so fast, I wasn't sure if there was any "delay" or anything, but I noticed nothing remotely close to "you can't shoot" :(

#13 Tiantara

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 815 posts

Posted 30 August 2016 - 11:29 AM

View PostShadowspawn42, on 30 August 2016 - 08:29 AM, said:

Ok...then there is something broken in their mechanics.

- See... I told you. I take even more ED about 46 and still no locked weapon for not to fire. I can fire got full heat and blow my mech into junk. And such happens with all mech I buy configure and test (which have firepower of 48-60). Also i have shutdown for 7 seconds. Better be blown than that.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users