The New Emerald Taiga Has Some Issues.

1 reply to this topic

#1 Dyhalto

• PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 08:56 PM

This is all cosmetic but it's pretty jarring and needs some kind of fix ASAP. Additionally I got stuck in one of the buildings on one of my tours around the map.

Edit: After looking at some old footage the texture pop seems like it was around before the change however it seems more notable now then before.

Edited by Dyhalto, 21 September 2016 - 09:23 PM.

#2 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 21 September 2016 - 09:40 PM

Nice video. Makes me want to open up the level and fix some of these bugs... but I'm not PGI. =/

It seems that the decal popping is almost universal. There's one at C6 spawn on Mining Collective that's pretty obnoxious.

Also, those stuck locations are definitely 100% reproducible. Like this one:

One time we got somebody stuck floating between two other buildings on Grim Plexus and somebody in a small mech was able to come along and jumpjet push him out of it. If PGI changed the code for jumpjets such that they starting refilling automatically after x seconds of not being used, then these sticky collisions probably wouldn't be as big a deal, because we could jumpjet out of them ourselves. But presently, the jumpjets wait for a connection with solid ground before being allowed to recharge, which is what screws us over when we get stuck in a spot that isn't recognised as solid ground. =/

Edited by Tarogato, 21 September 2016 - 09:44 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users