12 replies to this topic

#1 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:40 AM

Ghost bears,

I have seen some amazingly bad builds out of ghost bear units. I would like to see more ghost bears running better builds. Please consider running this in your faction warfare decks so we can win together. This is the best Faction warfare build available to clans right now.

EBON JAGUAR

#2 Rizzwind

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 536 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:47 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 03 January 2017 - 09:40 AM, said:

Ghost bears,

I have seen some amazingly bad builds out of ghost bear units. I would like to see more ghost bears running better builds. Please consider running this in your faction warfare decks so we can win together. This is the best Faction warfare build available to clans right now.

EBON JAGUAR

The issue is the meta is boring. Why run it if I can pull the same kills and damage from an Ebon with 2 LRM 10s, 3 MPL, and an AC 10. That makes me have to work for it as a pilot and not lean on an easy mech for the wins.

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 09:49 AM

Its ok....assuming you own ebons to do it with... but 6 SPL's are better than 6 ERMLs for heat efficiency. You can get off 72 damage for the same heat load of 42 damage from the mediums. Much more useful for the inevitable close range brawl.

#4 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:02 AM

It's better than okay, and you stay out of the range of is medium lasers. It's about the trade.

#5 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:54 AM

So you base your build on the assumption you'll only be facing IS medium lasers ? Ooookie.....

#6 Vxheous

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • CS 2019 Gold Champ
  • 3,823 posts
  • Location2 Time MWO World Champion

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:08 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 January 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

So you base your build on the assumption you'll only be facing IS medium lasers ? Ooookie.....

That's the build that you'll see in the bulk of Evil's Ebon Jags. Please tell me how they are doing again?

#7 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:19 PM

View PostDee Eight, on 03 January 2017 - 10:54 AM, said:

no goofball, i base it on the assumption that ill be facing 3 large pulse and 4 mediums lasers. I want to get my 68-72 point alpha into a side torso while only receiving 45 points or so of real damage in return.

#8 Bownd

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 29 posts

Posted 03 January 2017 - 12:22 PM

It's best not to brawl with IS mechs..these longer range builds allows the group long range trades. I understand meta might not be fun but CW is not QP. It's about team play and being able to quickly hit targets and move on to the next called target.

#9 Deadeye254

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 205 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 04:53 AM

nice try ragnar but you cant herd puggies and theres no cure for stupid by all means keep running lrms so the whole world knows how bad you are

#10 f00lish1

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:44 AM

While I personally run and have run this mech for a long time, I think it is too hot with 6 CERML for most people, especially those who "need help with their decks." I would recommend dropping it to 4 lasers and only going up to 6 when/if you feel comfortable with it.

Also, with all of the new maps and modes, people really need to get out of the mindset of having one drop deck and should tailor their decks to the mobility, range, and heat required for the given match.

Edited by f00lish1, 04 January 2017 - 11:44 AM.

#11 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:30 AM

This is absolutely the best way to pop a battle master open on any map. Almost every fight is 300-500 meters which is in the wheelhouse of this mech. I never bring any drop deck without at least two of these. The only other mech I reccomend is summoner PPC loyalist or Lazer vomit marauder 2c. Anything else that that is foolish.

#12 Stormie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 279 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:42 AM

View PostRagnar Baron Leiningen, on 05 January 2017 - 08:30 AM, said:

This is absolutely the best way to pop a battle master open on any map. Almost every fight is 300-500 meters which is in the wheelhouse of this mech. I never bring any drop deck without at least two of these. The only other mech I reccomend is summoner PPC loyalist or Lazer vomit marauder 2c. Anything else that that is foolish.

Its personal preference Ragnar. I run mine with 4ERML, started with five, increased it to six, reduced it to four. now hit my peak performance - ie the point where its my skill holding me back, not the build.
(argument is that spend more time shooting and less time cooling since you heat up less with an alpha AND have more heatsinks to dissipate)
All three builds work, Foolish's point would probably be correct, the 4ERML would be easier for a less skilled player to use.
Your point is also good, this is a solid starting point for a new player. lasers = easy to use

wouldn't dream of bringing one of yours to vitric though! 6ERML hellbringer will wipe the floor with the jag on the hot maps. (4 back to back 42 point alphas, with a cooldown module, and can fire 28 points basically heat neutral. Posted Image)

Edited by Stormie, 05 January 2017 - 08:43 AM.

#13 Natural Predator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 690 posts

Posted 05 January 2017 - 08:47 AM

I ran the bringers a long time. Still think i would core out a bringer on vitric with this build before it could core me. But to each his own.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users