Block Off The Mountaintop

5 replies to this topic

#1 Fox With A Shotgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,646 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 06:52 PM

View PostProbably Not, on 17 February 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

I never see anyone actually do any good going up there. It's something people only do to troll/screw around.

If someone's got good control of Free Look, you *can* actually do stuff from up there using ERPPCs. Very, very difficult though.

And let's face it. You don't even need to do an awful lot of damage from up there. If four of your team are spending half the match looking at the mountaintop, that's four people removed from the battle in exchange for one. Not a bad deal.

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 February 2017 - 09:50 PM

View PostProbably Not, on 17 February 2017 - 04:07 PM, said:

I never see anyone actually do any good going up there. It's something people only do to troll/screw around.

It can also come in handy as a spot to just observe where the enemy is going. Information can be a powerful ally, if one knows how to use it to their advantage.

I've also seen some people use it as a desperate last stand to try and funnel enemies into easier to predict paths. They did so well I might mention the few times I've seen it pulled off.

#3 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 17 February 2017 - 10:57 PM

The most dangerous thing is a soldier with a radio that knows how to use it.

#4 John McHobo

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 February 2017 - 03:10 AM

Its great for spotting and only lights with JJs have a decent chance of getting up there.
Block it off and you kill one more reason for doing anything other than running a heavy and blasting stuff.

#5 VonBruinwald

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Undisputed
  • The Undisputed
  • 3,460 posts
  • LocationRandis IV

Posted 18 February 2017 - 05:27 AM

I don't think it should be blocked off but rather made more accessible. Maps shouldn't be set-up so only certain 'mechs can get access to certain places, it's inherently unfair. I'm not saying I want to see an Atlas up there but as it stands a Scat would be untouchable by a dozen AC20 totting Atlases, there should be some way for them to counter it's position/get within weapons range.

Alternatively we could get a long-tom strike. After X criteria has been met/randomly a Long Tom hit's the top of the mountain. It would certainly disincentivise someone from camping up there and give every player pause when it strikes making the battle feel more intense. Bonus points if you can feel the vibrations in the tunnel where you can't actually see it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users