Bug

4 replies to this topic

#1 Dac25gpr

Rookie

• The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 1 posts

Posted 08 June 2017 - 02:52 PM

My mech refuses to move. This is not just an issue in the academy, this is everywhere. The throttle bar fills up like I am accelerating, but it refuses to move. If I bind the commands to different keys, I get the same results. How can I fix this, as it is impossible to play the game?

#2 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:39 PM

View PostDac25gpr, on 08 June 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

My mech refuses to move. This is not just an issue in the academy, this is everywhere. The throttle bar fills up like I am accelerating, but it refuses to move. If I bind the commands to different keys, I get the same results. How can I fix this, as it is impossible to play the game?

I can say I've never heard of this bug before.

I will comment that the Academy forum is not exactly the spot for this, possibly new player help would have been more appropriate.

Beyond that, best I can tell you to do (provided someone doesn't post a solution) is to contact support. To do this, press the support tab on the top of the forums. You'll see a list of E-mail addresses. Copy the one you feel best fits your problem and use your favorite E-Mail program to send you issue to them. It may take them a few days to respond, so don't expect an immediate reaction to it.

For any chance of a faster solution from a fellow player (maybe someone else had this problem), keep occasionally posting in this thread. A couple times a day maybe. If your problem gets solved, please post here that your problem is solved, and maybe how it was solved so others can possibly use that information themselves.

I see your name is in light blue. This means you have not completed your "cadet" matches. You may find your posting options restricted for a short while, with maybe a 5 post limit (they may have changed this since I last had a new account). So, don't feel you need to respond to my post if you don't have to. (I'd hate to have you use up any post counts you don't have to, at least till the problem is solved.)

#3 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,643 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 08 June 2017 - 05:03 PM

Select a trial mech, then Home button. Then on the left side click on Testing grounds and select a map, any map. Same issue? What happens when you hit the A and D key, does the mech turn?

Does your mouse move your torso?

Are you using a joystick?

Hit F9. What does it show for your FPS?

What is your system specs?

Edited - Do you have any gaming devices, gamepads/joysticks connected? Disconnect them to test.

Edited by Tarl Cabot, 11 June 2017 - 05:48 AM.

#4 Gettothechoppa

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts

Posted 12 June 2017 - 11:12 AM

View PostTarl Cabot, on 08 June 2017 - 05:03 PM, said:

Select a trial mech, then Home button. Then on the left side click on Testing grounds and select a map, any map. Same issue? What happens when you hit the A and D key, does the mech turn?

Does your mouse move your torso?

Are you using a joystick?

Hit F9. What does it show for your FPS?

What is your system specs?

Edited - Do you have any gaming devices, gamepads/joysticks connected? Disconnect them to test.

Hey Tarl, the bugged mech thing is not new, it used to happen in beta. It is the first time i've seen it rear it's ugly head from the depths of the cold abyss where that code is buried since those times.
Glad to see it's not just me.
As for my glued to the map glitches, no frame rate crashes and noticeable deviation in latency either. My mech just suddenly loses the ability to step over a pebble or even move on flat ground at unpredictable moments. It's caused me to die several times now since the latest 2 patches occurred.

#5 Tesunie

• The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,575 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 17 June 2017 - 03:16 PM

View PostDac25gpr, on 08 June 2017 - 02:52 PM, said:

It has come to my attention that you haven't posted since you created this thread, as well as the fact that you still haven't played pasted your 25 cadet matches yet.

Are you still experiencing the issue? Have you found out any more information on your issue? Have you contacted support about the issue?

I didn't mean not to post at all! We want to try and help you if we can.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users