#1 MoonShaman

• PipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 20 posts
  • LocationShetland Isles

Posted 17 April 2018 - 11:19 AM

Really!??? No way I was going to win

Wow devs, thanks. As usual you just ... What even!?

#2 lazorbeamz

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 02:54 PM

Division 2 has a very balanced heavy vs assault mech lineup. MAD, ON II and WHM will compete with AS7, KDK and STK more or less on even ground.

#3 TheMightySpin

• PipPipPip
  • Star Colonel
  • Star Colonel
  • 75 posts
  • LocationYour moms house

Posted 17 April 2018 - 04:55 PM

I beat a Highlander in a Kit Fox in Div 4. Quit complaining and practice to get better.

#4 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:03 PM

View PostTheMightySpin, on 17 April 2018 - 04:55 PM, said:

I beat a Highlander in a Kit Fox in Div 4. Quit complaining and practice to get better.

Except the Highlander & IIC is considered to be some of the worst assaults in the game... I'm not surprised a fast mech could eat them alive.

#5 DystruktoBoi1

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 6 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 05:39 PM

I keep getting matched to assaults in a medium so I feel your pain, although Heavy vs Assault is doable at least, I dont see how I'm gonna do much in a medium

#6 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 87 posts

Posted 17 April 2018 - 08:35 PM

View PostMoonShaman, on 17 April 2018 - 11:19 AM, said:

Really!??? No way I was going to win

Wow devs, thanks. As usual you just ... What even!?

View PostDystruktoBoi1, on 17 April 2018 - 05:39 PM, said:

I keep getting matched to assaults in a medium so I feel your pain, although Heavy vs Assault is doable at least, I dont see how I'm gonna do much in a medium

It's incredibly easy to beat someone 2 weight classes above you... weight does not equal battlevalue

I was in a Dragon 1C and got beat out by a cougar, for instance, and that's a 25 ton difference. I can also confidently take down King Crabs in my Roughneck Powerhouse.
Solaris divisions are fairly well balanced from what I can tell so far I commend PGI for doing an uncharacteristically good job balancing.

If you're having issues with people two weight classes above you you probably need to reconsider your loadout and remember that a team conflict is different than 1v1.

Some of the divisions do need to be adjusted, but otherwise it's mostly okay.

Edited by GX9900 Gundam X, 18 April 2018 - 01:52 AM.

#7 Leon Kousenberg

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 56 posts
  • LocationTexas

Posted 18 April 2018 - 02:32 PM

How about three weight class difference. I have had two back to back matches against light clan mechs in an assault in division 2. How the hell am i suppose to fight that? Can't even see the mechs let alone target them. Sure someone is going to say get good, but no amount of skill can let you put weapons that are so far below your weapon arc on those little buggers. At least against a medium you can at least see enough to actual get a hit on them even if they are so much faster and maneuverable.

#8 zerosouL

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 04:49 PM

If you consider both pilots equal skill wise, mech with more firepower/armor ratio always gonna win no matter what. And what balanced "good job PGI" divisions are you talking about? Every single one of them is tanked with single/couple of mechs that clearly outperforms everything else. Most of these rotflstomp top scorers would be nowhere near that with those mechs if they were placed properly. But then they would just switch to some other broken easymode epeen BS. Games like MWO with so many different mechs, mechs variants, weapon combinations and such just cant be balanced 100% in 1v1 and here we are :) The End

#9 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:37 PM

View PostLeon Kousenberg, on 18 April 2018 - 02:32 PM, said:

How about three weight class difference. I have had two back to back matches against light clan mechs in an assault in division 2. How the hell am i suppose to fight that? Can't even see the mechs let alone target them. Sure someone is going to say get good, but no amount of skill can let you put weapons that are so far below your weapon arc on those little buggers. At least against a medium you can at least see enough to actual get a hit on them even if they are so much faster and maneuverable.

Learn to play around weaknesses. Find areas where mobility is limited and play in those areas. It's how a Marauder defeated me despite me taking off one of his legs and nearly the other in my shadowcat, all the while abusing verticality in the Mech Factory. And I didn't have too much luck as an MLX-G trying to play the range game vs a MAD IIC who also brought tools to play the range game.

View PostzerosouL, on 18 April 2018 - 04:49 PM, said:

If you consider both pilots equal skill wise, mech with more firepower/armor ratio always gonna win no matter what. And what balanced "good job PGI" divisions are you talking about? Every single one of them is tanked with single/couple of mechs that clearly outperforms everything else. Most of these rotflstomp top scorers would be nowhere near that with those mechs if they were placed properly. But then they would just switch to some other broken easymode epeen BS. Games like MWO with so many different mechs, mechs variants, weapon combinations and such just cant be balanced 100% in 1v1 and here we are Posted Image The End

I like to think that I'm of "average" skill level when it comes to this game. Facing off against what I think was a Marauder as a phoenix hawk 1K I was able to gauge their skill level as approximating mine, and I was able to defeat him narrowly by taking off one of his legs and then the other while trying to stay out of his torso firing window. I lost all of my upper body armor that game across all of the components and he outdamaged me 2:1 but I still outplayed him using a so called "off meta" mech and 8 small lasers. That's what makes this gamemode exciting, being able to guess what your opponent's playstyle is gonna be based on the opening pan shot and more importantly, adapting dynamically based on the situation.
That being said, some adjustments do need to be made. For example I don't think that it's very fair to put the Spider-5K which is heavily dependent on its good mobility, jump jets, single energy weapon and getting crits with 4 machine guns, VS Linebackers which go just fast enough to keep up and which can pack a hell of a lot of missiles. So the divisions do need some work. But all in all the concept is solid and weight alone isn't as important as the possible types of playstyles that are associated with each individual mech.

Posted Image
I hope this picture shows the type of people who are complaining about this gamemode because of matchups. When we slid onto the field and the camera panned across his dual UAC 10 and a bunch of missile launchers, I thought that I was going to have a tough time. But I focused my damage early on using just my AC20 and ER medium laser so that I could drop down, sneak around behind him and decisively take a leg as he climbed up the ramp to confront me, and with his mobility limited I was able to control the pace of the fight relative to my damage/heat dynamics without worrying about being pursued. If you honestly think this all comes down to just numbers and not how you play, then you're just really bad at the game.

Edited by GX9900 Gundam X, 18 April 2018 - 06:49 PM.

#10 AngryEggRoll

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 26 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:46 PM

This is garbage an Arctic Cheetah with a half decent pilot should not be getting paired with Direwolfs and Annihilators and gives some mechs huge advantages when paired against the majority of the other mechs in the same class...

Also there should be a penalty I think for just going for legs immediately its super boring and will make this LegWarrior Online.

#11 GX9900 Gundam X

• PipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 87 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 06:51 PM

View PostAngryEggRoll, on 18 April 2018 - 06:46 PM, said:

This is garbage an Arctic Cheetah with a half decent pilot should not be getting paired with Direwolfs and Annihilators and gives some mechs huge advantages when paired against the majority of the other mechs in the same class...

Also there should be a penalty I think for just going for legs immediately its super boring and will make this LegWarrior Online.

So first, you complain about weight differences. Then you ask for a nerf to one of the mechanics that makes those weight differences playable? Listen to yourself, and realize that you're part of the problem.
I don't even go for legs all the time, if I notice that a king crab has a hell of a lot of weapons on one side of their body and not much else on the other, you can bet I'm gonna go for that torso.

Edited by GX9900 Gundam X, 18 April 2018 - 07:01 PM.

#12 Liveish

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • CS 2022 Referee
  • 838 posts
  • LocationDarwin

Posted 18 April 2018 - 09:01 PM

View Postlazorbeamz, on 17 April 2018 - 02:54 PM, said:

Division 2 has a very balanced heavy vs assault mech lineup. MAD, ON II and WHM will compete with AS7, KDK and STK more or less on even ground.

I know i feel for the As7 and STK when i smash them in my MAD :(

Maybe the AS7 and STK need to move down ??

#13 Zimm Kotare

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 232 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSolaris 7

Posted 18 April 2018 - 10:10 PM

Yeah. I've got no complaints with the divisions thus far. Seeing a few folks (and I do understand) concerned about facing a heavy or assault in a medium. Most of my wins were a medium against a heavy, one against an assault.

We don't talk about the losses though. Too many of those and all of them because I made stupid errors and got out played.

#14 Archie4Strings

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 659 posts

Posted 18 April 2018 - 11:55 PM

I was playing a SRM Summoner and got matched vs a Atlas - i won
I was playing a SRM Summoner and got matched vs a KDK3 - i won
I was playing a Dakka Nigt Gyr and got matched vs a Cyclops - i won
I was playing a Dakka Nigt Gyr and got matched vs a Nova - I lost (actually it was Proton, no chance, he probably would have beaten me in a legged Nova with just one Arm left... Posted Image
I was playing a Shotgun Orion IIC (LBX+SRMs) and got matched vs a Nova - i lost (this time it was not Proton)

So you see, anything can be possible, if you chose your loadout well and take care about your movement, twisting, using cover, JJ, and mobitlity to your advantage.

Actually the only problem i see, is the Annihilator. I dont see that, if 2 Pilots of equal Skill, 1 of them in an Annihilator, 1 of them in any other Mech of Division 1, the Pilot that is not playing an annihilator got any chance to win. There may be situation. F.E. the Map Mech Hangar, which favors strongly Mechs with JJ. If you have a very mobile Mech, you might win vs an Annihilator (even though it will take a long time). But a smart Annihilator Pilot would never chose that Map. Also he would probably never chose the Caves-Map cause it favours jj so much, too. But also i may be wrong.

Edited by Archie4Strings, 18 April 2018 - 11:59 PM.

#15 zerosouL

• PipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 47 posts

Posted 19 April 2018 - 02:39 AM

All depends on your opponent really. Skilled pilots rotflstomp potatos no matter what so you have nothing to brag about here really and it has nothing to do with division balance.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users