Breakables Unaffected By Laser Weaponry!

Bug Report Unbalanced Gameplay Inconsistent /w Other Maps

1 reply to this topic

#1 D V Devnull

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 4,245 posts
  • LocationUnknown... Except for the stars, it's kind of dark here!

Posted 26 May 2018 - 10:55 PM

Description: Everywhere in the "Solaris City" Map, Laser Weaponry does NOT affect 'Breakable Items' of ANY kind!!!

Reproduction Rate: 100% -- This Bug is ALWAYS REPRODUCIBLE!!!

Steps to Reproduce:
  • Select a Mech with Laser Weaponry
  • Access the "Solaris City" Map in any way you wish
  • Shoot literally ANY of the 'Breakable Items' with Laser Weaponry

What should NOT happen: 'Breakable Items' ignoring Laser Weaponry Damage, leading to Unbalanced Gameplay

What SHOULD be happening: 'Breakable Items' taking (and animating in response to) Damage from ALL hits from ANY Weaponry, INCLUDING Laser Weaponry.

Comments: I've verified my install with the MWO Repair Tool, and there are no problematic files. Right now, the behavior I'm seeing from the "Solaris City" Map is inconsistent with Other Maps that have 'Breakable Items' on them. Also, I just came to realize as I was typing this out that this inconsistency creates an Active Unbalancing in MWO, as people can use the signs like an Unlimited Shield to duck behind against Laser Weaponry. Please do a Fix for this, so ALL Weapons, not just Ballistics & Missiles, break the various 'Breakable Items' on the map?

~Mr. D. V. "I'm not crazy about immersion, but inconsistency and unbalanced design is bad." Devnull

[Minor Edit by Post Author to correct Tags and Formatting!]

Edited by D V Devnull, 26 May 2018 - 11:05 PM.

#2 BTGbullseye

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Solitary
  • The Solitary
  • 1,540 posts
  • LocationI'm still pissed about ATMs having a minimum range.

Posted 27 May 2018 - 03:42 AM

Same happens in Crimson with the floodlights on the platform... They are unaffected by anything that doesn't cause screen shake on impact.

Edited by BTGbullseye, 27 May 2018 - 03:43 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users