The Problem With S7 (Scoring System Designed By Novice Game Designers)

10 replies to this topic

#1 Dartangan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 104 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 03 November 2018 - 02:09 AM

If S2 was any indicator, I don't think they got a clue, something tells me they think they're FING "injecting" ELO into the system by weighting the first 10 matches something to the effect of 10x or more what you get in game 11 onward.....

They need a consistant + / - mechanism.... Or people have just lost interest because S2 was a 90 day ABORTION with an absolutely broken scoreboard....

Haven't seen any of the good players online in my limited dabbling with Season 3 to verify if they actually fixed their stuff.... God knows PGI won't communicate or acknowledge their mistakes / ineptitude....

I see a lot of folks in the top 10 on the individual Div leaderboards with 10 or less games and rarely see anyone with more than the requisite 25 games.... AND WHY WOULD ANYONE PLAY WHEN IT IS SO PUNATIVE TO LOSE AND SO ENCOURAGED THAT YOU CHEAT IN THE FIRST 10 GAMES TO GET THOSE +300 ELO BOOSTS, WHEN YOU ARE CAPPED AT PLUS OR MINUS 30 FROM GAME 11 ONWARD.... SO STUPID... I REPEAT S-T-U-P-I-D.... I REALLY WANT A DECENT SOLARIS.... WAY TO F UP A REALLY GOOD THING PGI.... <FACEPALM>

....GOING TO SPEND MY MONEY ELSEWHERE, AND I CAN ASSURE YOU IT WON'T BE MECHWARRIOR 5, YOU FOLKS SHOULD BE FIRED, NOT DESIGNING MORE GAMES. UGH.

#2 Prototelis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 4,789 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 02:03 PM

View PostDartangan, on 03 November 2018 - 02:09 AM, said:

CHEAT IN THE FIRST 10 GAMES TO GET THOSE +300 ELO BOOSTS

wut?

I can assure you, anyone at the top without 25 games is going to get the brakes beat off 'em if they actually are bad.

Theres also NO WAY to cheat, its not like you can see who is queued and avoid people. The only easy matches you get are when there is an odd number of people in queue and you get left out for having high elo and get matched with the next person regardless of elo.

#3 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 12 November 2018 - 04:15 PM

Sync drop ? Just step in 3 sec b4 timer runs out..and you could fight....whoever you want. Your second PC? NP...You can beat him 10 times...and then the ELO change steps in...so you get 10 times max possibel points...

YES it IS possibel to cheat up Solaris..even without cheats...You just need TS and another player or 2 accounts on 2 PC.

Solaris is empty and needs fixes...

#4 SpeedyRR

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 12 November 2018 - 07:30 PM

Sync dropping could be possibly used as there is a lot of the time when mode population is low, but I think some may not understand the math involved. Yes, there seems to be a 10x multiplier on the initial games, but this is only relevant if there is a vast difference in ranking. Which means if you are after those amazing 300+ increases you should be starting off at 1500 by winning against someone in the 2000plus bracket. Not an easy thing to do.
But this can also work against you. For example played one match early on, I was about 1650 and the opposition about 1050. I got a +10 for that one (10x1)
So the idea of using another computer and account would mean one could rank up a bit but not a lot as the other account would tank with repeated losses, thus diminishing the returns in the first 10 games.
Then there is the fact that even if you sync drop, someone else can still enter the queue last second as someone described earlier. It's not like you can stop other players from playing to guarantee sync dropping in this mode.

So the only way to rig the system would be to get someone that has genuinely won a bunch of games against higher ranked players to get a very high rating, and then to sync drop repeatedly and lose to someone else to give them a high ranking, which would still tank the initial players ranking. And whilst doing all this, hope that one other player didn't enter the queue during any of the sync drops.
So it seems rather counter productive and highly unlikely to me. Who would do so well at the start of solaris, whether it be by luck of match making, skill or both, only to give it to someone else through rigging/sync dropping?

#5 Kinski Orlawisch

• Galaxy Commander III
  • Galaxy Commander III
  • 2,282 posts
  • LocationHH

Posted 12 November 2018 - 10:21 PM

All games happen before the ELO gets updated. The ELO update is too slow. When you face 3 times the same...he always sees 1500 vs 1500 +250 for one. After the first game it should bee 1250 vs 1750...But in real he makes it 10 times 1500 vs 1500 and then BOOM it is 0 vs 2000....See the problem?

With badluck you get a win against that ELO 0 guy and it will hurt you more than him.

The ELO system needs rework.

#6 SpeedyRR

• PipPip
  • Survivor
  • 21 posts

Posted 13 November 2018 - 05:43 AM

Your assumptions are incorrect from my experience Kinski, I have played the same player twice in a win and loss situation. And have not received the same bonus or penalty in both cases. Just because the leaderboards don't update as fast as you'd like doesn't mean the game isn't taking changes into account. I've won 2 games in a row against the same player and received less the second game. which means that the difference in ranking must have been taken into consideration (my rise is the first game and their fall at the same time). The same has happened when I've lost twice in a row against the same player, my drop was different second game.
Just because you fit however many games into a 15min plus time period, doesn't mean you are going to get a set amount of rise or fall for each game against the same opponent.

#7 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 November 2018 - 03:43 AM

Actually I have witnessed syncdrops of players while I was playing a specific division (3). They were putting a dummy account in the front to speculate the range of players inside and then they jumped in. I fought their dummy account and I saw the player was only basically moving and not shooting. And how I figured out it was a trio ? they did it in more than one division (I watched on spectator). But how one can report such things when there is nt anything that can record these movements or prove it. Solaris is rigged with exploiters of all kinds. The technical exploits (like piranhas/artic wolves on div 2 and 1), the region exploit that favors oceanic (I never fought an oceanic player on European node ,always on their.) and finally the 10 matches exploit were u beat 10 guys and disappear. I m very disappointed in general.

#8 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 21 November 2018 - 04:44 AM

Having a "dummy account" isn't against the rules. There's nothing to report. Not that hiding and not shooting is really an indicator...some people rely on ambush tactics so much that they can't function if they're flushed out. Some people hide just to be annoying. Them dropping in multiple divisions isn't an indicator when there's only 8 people playing...

#9 Alexandros

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 153 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationStrana Mechty

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:08 AM

Having a dummy account is not against rules , but when you use it to farm Solaris7 rank points by killing it on the arena is.

Edited by Alexandros, 21 November 2018 - 08:09 AM.

#10 Makenzie71

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 938 posts
  • Location"I don't like your loadout...you must have no idea what you're doing." ~This forum

Posted 21 November 2018 - 08:29 AM

But you cant really gain a lot of points that way. You have to play against real opponents to get anywhere. Assuming you and your alt both start at 1500. You kill your alt, you gain 15 points and your alt loses 15. Next patch its a 12 point spread. Then 8. Then 4. Then 2. Then nada. I made the numbers up, but te spread is lessened when the ssr spread is greater. It wont take long to get an all-loss alt to a 0 match score. Then what? You gained 50-75 points? Create a new alt and and it only gets you half as much. You cant do it unlesss your actually beating real opponents, and then you have to take points from alt, which is winning matches, to give to your main. This is going to be way more work and will not hold up as a tactic against actually playing and winning matches.

Best you can hope for is a pretty kill/death ratio on your alt-farming main.

#11 arcana75

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,161 posts

Posted 09 December 2018 - 11:59 PM

And what are you winning really...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users