Food For Thought

5 replies to this topic

#1 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 10:55 AM

Just some food for thought, I waited over 2 hours last night to get a drop, yes I was solo, yes I know cw is ment for teams. I enjoy not facing full groups of pugs in a 12 man stomp (sometimes I do, bit not recently).

Meanwhile I played 5 games of starcraft 2 while I was waiting in q, a game well over 20 years old
Yet Russ said mwo is too old a game to have a decent playerbase.

My q in sc2 was less than 2 mins. And it was in the 8v8 bracket..to anyone saying oh you only need 1 player to vs.

Edit: I joined a group after 2 hours and got an instant lobby ad soon as we dropped after. It was a boring stomp and I logged off dissatisfied.

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 08 June 2019 - 10:56 AM.

#2 K O Z A K

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,322 posts
  • LocationTrue North Strong and Free

Posted 08 June 2019 - 11:57 AM

FP is FP

drop a few games as large group.....repeatedly get yelled at for stomping pugs and not splitting into smaller groups...

....split into smaller groups or solo......get passed over by larger groups in que.....wait forever......finally get a drop......face another large group which has been waiting for an opportunity to get back at your for all the times you beat them with equal numbers......get objective rushed or deathballed as the enemy is willing to sacrifice 5 mechs just to get you and half your team is humping walls somewhere in zimbabwe......

......group up with more people to face the large premade on the other side, miss them and get a drop against pugs......get yelled at for stomping pugs.....

rinse and repeat

#3 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 01:24 PM

Well for one thing, the new MM is totally dumb : It always picks the strongest groups, so the less players there is left in one queue (such as 12 pugs), the more likely the MM will select the strongest possible group from the big queue to go stomp them (such as a 12-man unit).

For another thing the story mode seriously reduced the amount of (old) loyalist players, so most of the time the MM is reduced to picking the only 2 teams available.

On the other hand I am noticing a lot of new FP players, so if PGI fixes things like the scouting and loyalism for the old players, then improve the MM so it selects the weakest instead of the strongest groups to go fight the outnumbered queue, then the amount of FP players might start to snowball up instead of snowballing down.

#4 C H E E K I E Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 540 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:21 PM

I don't mind the searching part, or the fact if there is not a lobby for cw that a 12 man gets to jump small groups to make an instant lobby, the part I don't like, is there were many times my side had 13-15 players, and the other side has 10-11, it stays like that for 10 mins, then a 12 man jumps in, bumps the q to 27, they sitin q for 20 seconds last solo pug on the other side joins, then even tho we had a group of 12, and a lobby could have formed the 12 people waiting 20 mins get skipped just because the people who just joined a few seconds ago have 12. Yes we would have been sitting in a lobby, but sitting in lobby at least means you get a game after waiting just a few more mins, not waiting another 20 mins just go get skipped again.

I get they are trying to make it more groups vs groups, and solos vs solos. But with as small as the population is, there are not enough small groups or solos to make the games with the small groups or solos.

It's basically telling you to get 12 people or don't drop. Yet I'd I get 11 of my buddy's from Evil/Jgx/Bcmc or the other people I play with, we get flamed for being a group. It's honestly just not fun anymore. You spend more time worrying if you have a bong enough group to snipe a drop, or you don't play. And that's a ****** business model

They have kinda taken everything that I loved about the game and ruined it tbh :/

Edited by C H E E K I E Z, 08 June 2019 - 02:26 PM.

#5 B0oN

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,870 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:47 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 08 June 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

They have kinda taken everything that I loved about the game and ruined it tbh :/

Me 12 months ago while foreseeing PGI would happen upon us once again ...

#6 Warning incoming Humble Dexterer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 08 June 2019 - 02:55 PM

View PostC H E E K I E Z, on 08 June 2019 - 02:21 PM, said:

many times my side had 13-15 players, and the other side has 10-11, it stays like that for 10 mins, then a 12 man jumps in, bumps the q to 27, they sitin q for 20 seconds last solo pug on the other side joins, then even tho we had a group of 12, and a lobby could have formed the 12 people waiting 20 mins get skipped just because the people who just joined a few seconds ago have 12.

Well that's part of "the new MM is totally dumb".

Basically :
- If it's 120 players vs 120 players, the MM will make the best possible choice.
- If it's 120 players vs 12 players, the MM will make the worst possible choice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users