Using Mic Causes Mwo And Pc To Crash!

No replies to this topic

#1 Kevinthefox

Rookie

• Bad Company
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 September 2019 - 11:14 PM

Using my microphone in game works for a few words, I'll then notice it wont work at all or the voice chat will "stick" with my name on the bottom as if transmitting although no audio will go through, When this occurs if i try to jojn another match afterwards MWO will simply go unresponsive and refuse to close effectively counting me as a disconnect for the match with all the penalties involved. Discord and other applications (Having these on/off has no effect as ive tried numerous experiments) will not recognize any volume going through mic afterwards either. When attempting to shut down my pc it will lock up and hang infinitely at "shutting down" until a hard reboot occurs.

PC Specs
Windows 7 64 ultimate
16G 2133 Corsair Ram
Intel i5 4670
Nvidia GeForce GTX 970.

Any and all combinations of playback and capture devices/mode in game will still cause this to happen. such as default, direct sound, and windows audio session.

Using Razer Kraken USB headset, no shorts or errors in ANY other game or program at all.

This is a huge shame because Mwo has only started to do this since the solaris7 update which ive not even bothered to touch more than once or twice. What did pgi change to make this so broken now? No specs or hardware has changed on my pc since the days beforehand. Any ideas on how to get my voice chat back without murdering my poor pc with hard reboots?
Checking steam files also comes out clean every single time.

Edited by Kevinthefox, 07 September 2019 - 11:15 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users