14 replies to this topic

#1 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:41 AM

Hey there, so I bit the bullet last night and purchased MW5. My son and I share an Epic account (he plays fortnite), I did not think this would be an issue until today..... When I attempt to login to the Epic Games Launcher it says:

Sorry, you are visiting our services too frequent, please try again later

The one time I managed to get into the game it crashed with the following error:

Could not verify ownership of game

So can anyone shed some light on this. is this because my son is currently playing Fortnite on his PS4? Am I screwed now and only able to play when he is logged out?

#2 Spheroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 5,060 posts
  • LocationSouthern Wisconsin

Posted 14 December 2019 - 11:57 AM

[Redacted]

Edited by draiocht, 15 December 2019 - 09:34 PM.
unconstructive

#3 Jackal Noble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,863 posts
  • LocationTerra

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:09 PM

View PostBobdolemite, on 14 December 2019 - 11:41 AM, said:

is this because my son is currently playing Fortnite on his PS4? Am I screwed now and only able to play when he is logged out?

Umm ya.

I'm gonna say that's 400,000% the reason why. Why would you share an account with your son, or rather why would you not create one, knowing you might be using EGS at the same time as your son? That's also assuming he has to sign in with an EGS account when playing Fortnite on the PS4.

Your solution, since it sounds like the game is installed. Play it in EGS offline mode.
Restart the computer, disconnect the internet and and then open EGS. A window will pop up, select skip login. Look at your Library and select MW5. You can now play the game.

or
Launch the game from the .exe file. I'm not keen on how as haven't needed to (see above) but know it's possible.

#4 Kotzi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,356 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:16 PM

As long as there is no family or any other account share option implemented only one instance of the launcher can run the games at any given time. You cant use the games simultaniously on different Hardware, one has to log out.

#5 Bobdolemite

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 373 posts
  • LocationMariana Trench

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:34 PM

Some may not know this but steam and origin both allow you to have one account logged in on multiple machines. You just can't run the same game at the same time. I figured this was industry standard. On a side note it looks like what my problem was had to do with Epic itself, they had login server issues today.

#6 Dee Eight

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 6,271 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 12:40 PM

You don't actually need to launch MW5 via the epic launcher. You can do it with its desktop icon outside of epic. I've only opened my epic launcher since the 10th to get the hot fix updates for MW5.

#7 GuardDogg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fearless
  • The Fearless
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 December 2019 - 02:42 PM

Thought it was told, you do not need Epic launcher to play MW5. Just download, install and play.

Edited by GuardDogg, 14 December 2019 - 02:43 PM.

#8 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 16 December 2019 - 01:36 AM

View PostGuardDogg, on 14 December 2019 - 02:42 PM, said:

Thought it was told, you do not need Epic launcher to play MW5. Just download, install and play.
And like I said, you wouldn't find out for sure until it was too late.

#9 Karkomak

Rookie

• The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 8 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 06:26 AM

Epic is really bad. Stay far away from Epic. I purchased MechWarrior 5 from PGI. I spent $50. cant play.

#10 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:58 AM

Funny that people who bought said MW5 have not only played the game but completed it, modded it, completed it again and got tired of the repetitive gameplay.

#11 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 01:32 PM

View PostKarkomak, on 20 March 2020 - 06:26 AM, said:

Epic is really bad. Stay far away from Epic. I purchased MechWarrior 5 from PGI. I spent $50. cant play.

Disagree!

#12 SomersetStriker

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 297 posts

Posted 23 March 2020 - 12:22 PM

View PostFRAGTAST1C, on 20 March 2020 - 07:58 AM, said:

Funny that people who bought said MW5 have not only played the game but completed it, modded it, completed it again and got tired of the repetitive gameplay.

I haven't even started the story game. Still waiting for the years ago announced Ray Tracing before I do.

At least DLSS is released today which might be part of why they haven't released something that should have been released already Posted Image

#13 VIRKOWSKI

Rookie

• The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 9 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 April 2020 - 12:23 PM

Hello there!

I have problem when i launching MW5:

"DX12 is not supported on your system. Tryrunning without the - dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument"

I reinstalled system in last week, im using Windows 7 64 bit.
Before reinstallation MW5 run's normally on windows 7.

All drivers for graphic card (Last direct 11, nVidia Experience) is installed.
System addons for windows too.

#14 Horseman

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 4,694 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 08 April 2020 - 02:03 PM

View PostVIRKOWSKI, on 08 April 2020 - 12:23 PM, said:

"DX12 is not supported on your system. Tryrunning without the - dx12 or -d3d12 command line argument"

I reinstalled system in last week, im using Windows 7 64 bit.
Before reinstallation MW5 run's normally on windows 7.

All drivers for graphic card (Last direct 11, nVidia Experience) is installed.
System addons for windows too.

Just as the error sates, your system does not support DX12. It sounds like your copy of MW5 is being started in DX12 mode when it shouldn't be.

#15 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 08 April 2020 - 06:13 PM

View PostSomersetStriker, on 23 March 2020 - 12:22 PM, said:

I haven't even started the story game. Still waiting for the years ago announced Ray Tracing before I do.

At least DLSS is released today which might be part of why they haven't released something that should have been released already Posted Image

Ray Tracing is only for the mech bay, if I'm not mistaken. There was an article on PCGamer where Russ was blithering away about how MW5 looks great and all but he did mention that only the mech bay gets that option. But seeing as how the textures are blurry and low quality-like, I don't think Ray Tracing alone will fix any of it Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users