Rare Mech Missing From Market?

4 replies to this topic

#1 Vorlon Antares

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 23 February 2020 - 04:59 PM

So I just started playing, and after a few missions I get a message that a "rare mech is available nearby"...

So I look and its just a couple systems away so I go jump over to see.

Its a Blackjack... selling for just over 3 million.

Well, I didn't even have 1 million at that point so I went back to do more missions and build up my bank roll, and all the while the Starmap continues to list that "Rare Mech BlackJack available!" over the system where I found it... its even popping up on my "home screen" under "system data" that there is a Black Jack available to purchase there.

So I keep playing for a couple days, build up more bank roll and finally after saving up 4 million, I decide to go back and buy the BlackJack.

Only problem being that the BlackJack is no where to be found now!

Yet, it keeps telling me that "rare mech blackjack available!" in that system.

So whats the deal, if its not there anymore, why does the game keep telling me its still there?

#2 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 23 February 2020 - 06:50 PM

It happens rarely. I've seen Hero mechs listed on the star map but when I actually go to that system and check the market, it's not there.

BTW, "Rare" mechs are just normal mechs in fully working conditions. I wouldn't waste money on them unless they're the sort of variants that have double heatsinks, like, the Grasshopper 5P for e.g.,

#3 Vorlon Antares

• Pip
  • 17 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 04:39 PM

Ok... so then if its not going to be there...

Then how do I get it off my screen?

It keeps telling me its there...

Its even popping up on the "console" screen you access through the bridge of your ship above the mech bays.. where that blonde chic is always standing, telling you what to do. Its there on that console screen like a mission would appear, as though I'm "supposed" to go buy that particular Mech...

Every time I open the star map its there too...

So how do I get rid of all these if the mech isn't actually going to be available?

I mean I actually wanted this particular mech, as it was a Blackjack, the same one you started out with in PG's MechWarrior game... and I kinda wanted it for the whole nostalgia thing... but if its not going to be there then I don't want the game to keep telling me "Hey! HEY! Its here! ITS HERE!" .. you know...

Edited by Vorlon Antares, 27 February 2020 - 04:41 PM.

#4 FRAGTAST1C

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 27 February 2020 - 07:21 PM

It goes away on its own when a new "rare" mech is spawned in one of the industrial hubs.

#5 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 27 February 2020 - 11:32 PM

Rare mechs, hero mechs and rare weapons disapear from the market after certain period of time but the icons stay there. I call this an icon bug and PGI should fix it.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users