Multiple Mission Operations

5 replies to this topic

#1 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 March 2020 - 01:37 AM

Well I gotta say, I greatly missed out on these in my first playthrough..

Yes, they are hard to do. Yes you have to have a full compliment of capable mechs of all shapes and sizes to meet the tonnages, but BOY is it worth it..

You get 50% more salvage shares, and that means you can easily get good and expensive mechs that you, would normally not be able to get, even if you're a hero with the associated faction.

I've also learned a simply trick to doing some of these missions if you're not in great shape with available mechs..

Go for MMOps with one demolition mission, and then "discard that one" - by "discard" I mean get a fast light or medium mech, like a Phoenix Hawk (especially the machinegun capable version), and save your other, tougher mechs for other mission types where good and expensive enemy mechs are likely to appear.

Then simply go full throttle, and completely ignore enemy mechs, taking out the base as quickly as possible using the machineguns and stomping through.

I guarantee you you will still have most of your armor at the end od the mission (if you don't mess up in a grand way).

And you will be one mission closer to using your heavy hitters to collect some big, expensive salvage..

Edited by Vellron2005, 16 March 2020 - 01:46 AM.

#2 Aidan Crenshaw

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 02:34 AM

and then the shares got rerolled beyond the first mission and RNGesus cut down the negotiable salvage... Posted Image

#3 Vellron2005

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 5,443 posts
  • LocationIn the mechbay, telling the techs to put extra LRM ammo on.

Posted 16 March 2020 - 03:02 AM

View PostAidan Crenshaw, on 16 March 2020 - 02:34 AM, said:

and then the shares got rerolled beyond the first mission and RNGesus cut down the negotiable salvage... Posted Image

Bug?

#4 Aidan Crenshaw

• The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,563 posts

Posted 16 March 2020 - 04:35 AM

no, designed as-is. Just check on your negotiation allocation on follow-up missions and you will notice a difference.

#5 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 20 March 2020 - 02:00 PM

I recommend you to use Firestarter in demolition mission, hero variants are even better.

#6 FRAGTAST1C

• The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 2,869 posts
  • LocationIndia

Posted 20 March 2020 - 07:19 PM

The Salvage rights that you negotiated for is only for the first mission in the series. Then the employer goes full-on Kurita.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users