Can Haz Quarterly Fp Exclusive Events?

8 replies to this topic

#1 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 25 May 2021 - 03:52 PM

i think things would be better if tukayyid happened every 3-6 months. the best times to play fp have always been during massive events that draw players and drive wait times way down to around 10-15 minutes. the event has to be exclusive or the player draw would not be as good. with the match maker in place this would also make the mode a lot more fun for those in the middle tiers and pugs, who knows units could use it as a membership drive. do them bi-anually or quarterly and have prizes like decks and faction items, perhaps double or even triple lp/rp earnings.

#2 Ssamout

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 643 posts
  • LocationPihalla

Posted 25 May 2021 - 09:47 PM

Dunno about regular tukkayyid, but I'd like to see an fp event where the deck tonnage ramps up. Like a three day event where first day 140t deck, second day 250t and final day assault with 400t deck..

#3 VeeOt Dragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,075 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 04 August 2021 - 07:42 PM

honestly it would be a good idea i think to have some kind of FP only events. though keep in mind this would also bring in tier 5 new players something that would aggravate the "FP is only for Elites" crowd

the two main reasons i quit playing FP was the super long wait times and the toxic elitism from most of the Units.

#4 tee5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 521 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 06:42 AM

If I remember correctly, in THE YEAR of FACTION PLAY, we got ZERO events for Faction Play.

Good luck with your suggestion.

#5 IronWolfPack64

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • CS 2023 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 06:47 AM

View PostVeeOt Dragon, on 04 August 2021 - 07:42 PM, said:

honestly it would be a good idea i think to have some kind of FP only events. though keep in mind this would also bring in tier 5 new players something that would aggravate the "FP is only for Elites" crowd

the two main reasons i quit playing FP was the super long wait times and the toxic elitism from most of the Units.

This is just sad to me. Faction play should be for everyone. Those who act like this are the reason the game mode has struggles......

But yes need faction play events. Make joining a unit more profitable for new players. Give some really good low-mid tier rewards. Mechs selector/mech only supply cache big engines more mech bays ect ect any reason for new players to want to get into faction play.

#6 The Basilisk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 3,269 posts
  • LocationFrankfurt a.M.

Posted 05 August 2021 - 07:51 AM

View PostIronWolfPack64, on 05 August 2021 - 06:47 AM, said:

This is just sad to me. Faction play should be for everyone. Those who act like this are the reason the game mode has struggles......

But yes need faction play events. Make joining a unit more profitable for new players. Give some really good low-mid tier rewards. Mechs selector/mech only supply cache big engines more mech bays ect ect any reason for new players to want to get into faction play.

Well youre quite right.
And every suggestion to disspell the packbuilding of higher Tier/higher performance players got turned down with the argument it would be unjust to "punish" successfull or skilled playing.

#7 Nightbird

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 7,518 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:41 AM

FP isn't for everyone because PGI has refused to listen to community suggestions to make it more accessible to everyone, opting to put in a warning message instead. Don't get the cause of the current state wrong.

#8 John Bronco

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Fighter
  • The Fighter
  • 966 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 08:45 AM

View Posttee5, on 05 August 2021 - 06:42 AM, said:

If I remember correctly, in THE YEAR of FACTION PLAY, we got ZERO events for Faction Play.

Good luck with your suggestion.

There was 1 weekend event in September...I remember, because I was out of town. Posted Image

#9 Ekson Valdez

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 688 posts

Posted 05 August 2021 - 10:24 PM

Moved this thread to Event Suggestions. Hopefully, Matt will be more likely to recognize it here.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users