4 replies to this topic

#1 MonkeyCheese

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 21 August 2021 - 12:51 PM

Sup all. It's been a long 5 years. How's things?

Bought a flea and put 2 ppc on it and it instantly got a "wtf that's a first" style comment, felt good man.

Now back to min maxing more light mechs. Also how does the ac20 raven go these days?

#2 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 21 August 2021 - 04:58 PM

Hello again. Haven't seen any AC/20 Ravens on the battlefield for ages, but then again, I do not play as much as I used to and have taken a few extended breaks over the years. The Raven really suffered from rescaling and that AC/20 is incredibly inefficient due to the punitive level of heat it generates and the fact the the projectiles are as slow as someone throwing a bowling ball, which defies physics since the projectile would not be able to stay in the air with such low velocity.

#3 ScrapIron Prime

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,747 posts
  • LocationSmack dab in the middle of Ohio

Posted 21 August 2021 - 04:59 PM

The AC/20 Blaster Bird is rare these days. Meta has moved up to AC/20 PLUS. On larger chassis, you’ll see AC/20 + 2 to 3 Snub Nose PPC, they’re brutal.

Be sure to check out the changes in HSL. You can now run 3 PPC, SNPPC, or Light PPC without ghost heat (and the light has no minimum range), and Large Lasers are up to 4.

#4 LordNothing

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 16,734 posts

Posted 23 August 2021 - 10:54 PM

View PostEd Steele, on 21 August 2021 - 04:58 PM, said:

Hello again. Haven't seen any AC/20 Ravens on the battlefield for ages, but then again, I do not play as much as I used to and have taken a few extended breaks over the years. The Raven really suffered from rescaling and that AC/20 is incredibly inefficient due to the punitive level of heat it generates and the fact the the projectiles are as slow as someone throwing a bowling ball, which defies physics since the projectile would not be able to stay in the air with such low velocity.

i ran a uac20 raven awhile back. it was oddly very effective, one game i got 3 kills which is pretty impressive for being so ammo limited. generally the urbie has taken away its thunder. mechs like adders and cougars can do it too without being urbie slow.

#5 Kalimaster

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationInside the Mech that just fired LRM's at you

Posted 26 August 2021 - 07:59 AM

I will keep this simple. Welcome back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users