One Big Kill Box

6 replies to this topic

#1 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 09 April 2022 - 07:36 PM

Snipers totally control the bowl and just pick people off from 100% safety, utterly dominating matches. Even LRM boats can use the raised, castled positions to shower the field with free reign and no chance of reprisals.

Cover from LRM's is rarely even vaguely adequate and the many blind corners are too tight to reasonably fight among. The open spaces are nearly all in direct line of fire from the surrounding, protected high ground.

In addition, people often nascar onto the high rise areas right at the start, instantly dividing the team.

I don't think it's a great leap to say that the high ground around the outside is a serious problem.

Edited by Kynesis, 09 April 2022 - 11:31 PM.

#2 Ch_R0me

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Named
  • The Named
  • 609 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationIn DireStar with Heavy Naval PPC

Posted 10 April 2022 - 02:03 AM

Noticed that as well. Seems like matching camo + Stealth Armor + Gauss Rifles would help in that matter (got this idea after playing War Thunder for a while recently).

#3 klozz

• Pip
  • The Aggressor
  • The Aggressor
  • 16 posts

Posted 12 April 2022 - 10:59 PM

Its just another bad designed sniper-fest map for Tier 1 & 2 who thrive on current blue lazor meta.

But just imagine 95% of the other players just want to have fun and kind of brawl.

#4 Kynesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts
  • LocationSydney

Posted 03 June 2022 - 04:06 AM

So, PGI..... any plans? Thoughts? Anything at all?
*crickets*

Edited by Kynesis, 03 June 2022 - 04:08 AM.

#5 An6ryMan69

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 455 posts

Posted 03 June 2022 - 09:50 AM

Emerald is awful, I never vote for it. I usually play MWO however I personally like to play, and screw how a map tries to force me to play, but on this one I've given up - I just run to the outside edge, snipe away and kind of quietly hope for a quick match ending so I can move on to something I actually want to be doing. So I'm one of the guys up there, and not because I actually like it. Posted Image

Edited by An6ryMan69, 03 June 2022 - 09:52 AM.

#6 KabukiOne

• PipPipPip
  • 54 posts

Posted 05 June 2022 - 03:55 PM

I get this map all of the time, and it's absolute crap. Minimal cover, snipers galore, and it's just not fun. Sniper players always, and I mean always, vote for this map.

#7 Widowmaker1981

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,030 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 08 March 2023 - 03:12 AM

I like this map. I very very rarely play snipers, but i very much appreciate the fact that the sniper positions totally prevent Nascar.

Pugs always Nascar if they can get away with it, and the only maps it doesnt happen on are ones where its not viable due to overlooking sniper spots.

Id MUCH MUCH rather deal with snipers on the enemy team than my own team incessantly running in a f**king circle so the fast mediums and lights can catch a fatty by itself.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users