6 Ppc Stalker Builds

15 replies to this topic

#1 Tybo

• PipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • 38 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:30 AM

What's the most optimized build? This thing is a beast lol.

#2 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 07:56 AM

Probably something like this

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...927bd29ba6a6d58

It is pretty much a 1 trick pony. Don't go ERPPC or you will def never fire more than once. Use teamwork or a light is going to run up to you and kill you...you will not be able to do anything about it. You are stalker with XL engine, so never get within 200m of another assault or you prob die.

#3 Kommisar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 462 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:07 AM

I've ran a 4 PPC stalker; haven't wanted to invest in the engine and endo for a 6 PPC build.

It is the poster boy for the one-trick pony. And while lights are most likely to close the distance and tear you up at point blank; just about any mech can. And most pilots know that if they see a PPC heavy build to run up as fast as they can and give them a big 'ole hug. Cause sharing is caring!

With limited speed and maneuverability, you are not getting out of that situation without help. And a good pilot is really not going to let you escape your to safe range once they have you; even if it means taking some lumps from your friends.

#4 NRP

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 3,949 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:17 AM

You will only be able to fire once every 12 seconds without heatstroking. One alpha will not kill anything bigger than a light (unless they're severely damaged or you miraculously nail a headshot). After your first shot (or as soon as you're targeted), everyone knows what you are and will focus on you. PPCs have a minimum effective range of 90m. You are no threat at all to anyone closer than that. If even one person on the enemy team is decent, you typically won't last more than a few minutes, so make your shots count.

It's a fun build to goof around with, but I think you'll find it isn't very effective in the grand scheme of things.

#5 PL Harpoon

• PipPipPip
  • 64 posts
  • LocationPoland

Posted 24 January 2013 - 08:24 AM

Yes, if you want high energy alpha config, try 6LL instead. It can fire two alphas without overheating can carry 20DHS with a standard engine, has no minimum range and can shoot for a long time without overheating with chainfire.

#6 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 24 January 2013 - 11:25 AM

Personally, I've had a great time with my Thundercock (http://mwo.smurfy-ne...bd62a6d036f6ccf). You get a couple alphas before overheating, putting them on chainfire lets you manage your heat rather effectively, and the 2xASRM6 can kill everything from assaults to lights. Some people go with SSRMs instead, but I'd rather have a shotgun than cheese.

#7 Lege

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 365 posts

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:01 PM

I've filled all my stalkers with LL and SSRM-2, they do well. Runs a bit hot, but you don't get many chances once they are on you. So try to kill them on the way in and never leave your teammates. Ideally you want to walk up to other mechs fighting each other and just pop things without taking too much fire.

#8 shadevarr

• PipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 71 posts
  • LocationHouston, TX

Posted 24 January 2013 - 01:20 PM

I run an XL300, endo and 4x extra DHS. Its quite fun with a team that can exploit the hole you just ripped in someones pristine armor, but as a solo/pug you will die..a lot.

#9 POOTYTANGASAUR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 595 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 20 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...8834ef22fe87074

My 4ppc k2 build sounds dumb but it actually functions well especially if you have speedtweak.
It is pretty hot but still gangster.

#10 Y2kHippy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 195 posts

Posted 20 February 2013 - 11:58 PM

I had a look at some of the suggested and the 6 LL with 20 heat sinks is one of the best in the thread.

20 Heatsink and 6LL Build

This build comes in 2 mil under budget and though has only a slightly lower max dam output its focus on cooling makes the build more efficient in damage over time. Less over heating and less focus on 1 single blurst then a min wait to cool down.

When i have the C-Bills i might be looking this way as a next project for myself. My only issue is the lack of ECM and at the moment all my mechs use this for personal and teamate protection.

Edited by Y2kHippy, 21 February 2013 - 12:02 AM.

#11 One Medic Army

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,985 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:04 AM

I've got one with an XL300, 18DHS, 4PPCs, and 5Streaks.
Works pretty well, and it's got enough streaks to give most light mechs pause from closing. (Even ravens, since all it takes is one PPC hit and they're getting hit for 25 unavoidable damage to the torsos)

#12 Regrets

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 12:38 AM

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...113e47a7266874c
^4LL SSRM8 275std 21 DHS
- way better than 6LL build

#13 Ursh

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,321 posts
  • LocationMother Russia

Posted 21 February 2013 - 02:13 AM

Changed up the 6xLL. Shaved legs and added 2xSRM4 for a bit of extra kick up close, without dropping any DHS.

undefined

#14 Ternador

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:27 AM

try this. i have been havin a blast with it (no pun intended)

2 er PPC
2 Reg PPC

21 dual heat sink

std 290

max armor on everything but the legs
33 points on each leg.

yes its enough no one shoots the legs because you are using the ground as cover.

Edited by Ternador, 21 February 2013 - 08:29 AM.

#15 Flapdrol

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,986 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 08:34 AM

If you dont mind going really slow:
http://mwo.smurfy-ne...a36c70da3eebf75

when they blow out a sidetorso you'll still have 3 ppc and most of your heatsinks left.

#16 Jestun

• 1,270 posts

Posted 21 February 2013 - 11:14 AM

I'm currently planning my next mech build, it will be PPC heavy, but not 6 PPCs.

I've come up with this so far: http://mwo.smurfy-ne...034a21102220c6a

Not as much streak ammo as I would like, but I'll happily sacrifice the final 2 PPCs for 4 streaks and 2 medium lasers.

If something does get close enough to make the XL engine an issue I'd rather have more options to make them run away. :wub:

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users