154 replies to this topic

#1 Visyac Cephias

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 22 February 2013 - 11:58 AM

O hai thar Liao, how r u?

So, I've found my mech grinding experience has been lacking any real flavor in the way it's conducted. There is just something so....sad..about being all alone. Not having any zingers to drop at an opposing faction, no defacto points of mock fury upon which I can justify my actions, no cool colors to set as my thumbnail. Just...grey. (blarrrrr)

So I've decided to have a look at each of the factions, starting with Davion: (Knights with auto-cannons!, and Marauders!) then Kurita: (Our greatest aspiration in life is to be like the tools we use! also Dragons!) and now you. Liao.

I'll be blunt. I know NOTHING* about you guys and feel that must be remedied immediately. I'd like to know what kind of culture you fellow's have, what sort of mechs you run with (and can claim ownership of), what the government you use is like, and what sort of me weapons you use (if you have a cultural preference)

Discuss.

*(ok no. I know you like the color green)

#2 metro

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,491 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationSians Celestial City- http://capellanconfederation.com/

Posted 22 February 2013 - 12:25 PM

we like to do this to Davion ground forces....

Posted Image

does that count?

#3 Youngblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 604 posts
  • LocationGMT -6

Posted 22 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

All those bird 'Mechs you see making everyone cry about the game and ragequit? Yeah, those are us.

#4 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:16 PM

We are the smallest inner sphere nation (not counting the newcomers).
We have the smallest military force of the big five inner sphere nations.
Our citizens are fanaticaly loyal.
We have the best educational system of the inner sphere as well as the best healthcare.
We are the only nation that made real technological advances, even before the rediscovery of the Helm memory core.

Despite that we are the smallest, we held our own against the biggest military force in the inner sphere for several hundred years and it needed treachery on a large scale to take away a part of our nation. This treachery included:
Spoiler

Without those factors the Davion/Steiner alliance would still have cost us some territory, but not nearly as much as it currently stands.

On all levels, our warriors are better trained then their equivalent in the other nations. We know we don't have the quantity of the others, so we use quality.
We do not limit our combat effectivity by some form of honor code. There only is honor in winning and defending the nation.
We do everything and use every tool at our disposal to achieve victory. If that means to prepare a small town with explosives to trap the enemy within, we will do so.
We are not beyond treachery. It is an art of war to be perfected. It is a deep wound that it was treachery that cost us a good part of our nation.

I probably missed a lot of things, but that's about it.

#5 Master Twigg

• PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:42 PM

House Liao can claim "ownership" over the Raven and the Cataphract mechs. As Egomane pointed out we will use any means necessary and available to us to hold what he have or win the day. Other Great Houses may have a training schedule, with-in House Liao, Every day is a training day. Every warrior is expected to not only push them selves to be better than they currently are, but also to expand their abilities beyond that one mech they are 'comfortable' piloting. Cross training is valued as much as honing one's abilities. Above all else we will answer the Call of the Chancellor, even if it has been a call to fight over whelming odds.

#6 FrostCollar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts
  • LocationEast Coast, US

Posted 22 February 2013 - 05:46 PM

What's special about Liao? They're nuts! :)

#7 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 06:42 PM

View PostFrostCollar, on 22 February 2013 - 05:46 PM, said:

What's special about Liao? They're nuts! :)

Hail Frost !!

+1 for you =)

#8 dal10

• Philanthropist
  • 4,525 posts
  • Locationsomewhere near a bucket of water and the gates of hell.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 07:34 PM

we are also the only house nuts enough to put an ac/20 on a 30 ton mech (R60L is almost liao exclusive.)

Edited by dal10, 22 February 2013 - 07:34 PM.

#9 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 22 February 2013 - 10:54 PM

View Postdal10, on 22 February 2013 - 07:34 PM, said:

we are also the only house nuts enough to put an ac/20 on a 30 ton mech (R60L is almost liao exclusive.)

It can't survive a hit anyway... so if it only has 1 shot, might as well make the most out of it. :P

#10 Cryptozoology

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:43 AM

You know what makes House Liao special? YOU DO! Every one of House Liao's special and unique citizens joins together into a tapestry of cool. Just by showing an interest you're enriching us all! Have a beverage of your choice on me, and the WHOLE HOUSE!

#11 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 23 February 2013 - 11:11 AM

Not to forget that House Liao is the home of the best unit (rule-wise) in the whole Battletech universe.

#12 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 12:57 PM

Hmmmm.

What makes Liao special? The topic of this OP

Well I do, I make it special, it's why you are all here , yes? :D

And I adore all of you special people as well.

You are why I am here.

#13 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:46 PM

View Postmetro, on 23 February 2013 - 12:57 PM, said:

Well I do, I make it special, it's why you are all here , yes? :D

Posted Image

Liao is a blank slate, from a canon perspective aside from being crazy ha ha. That makes it all the more surprising when we take over the inner sphere.

CAPELLA-LA

#14 Rannos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 23 February 2013 - 04:01 PM

The best part about
House Liao is that it is
Space North Korea

#15 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:02 PM

We provide in cockpit entertainment via the HPG signal from Sian City.

#16 Visyac Cephias

• PipPipPip
  • Storm
  • 53 posts
  • LocationSpace

Posted 23 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

So you guys are the practical guys. The ones that do things that need to be done to achieve a goal. The people who are trained by a life time of difficulty. That is awesome.

What is your guys relations to the other houses? What is responsible for the relationships that you have with them?

#17 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 07:05 PM

All the other houses are bad, and that means they have to go down. And it'd be fine if they just recognized that we were the best, even if we might be slightly off-center and touched in the head. The simple fact is that we are the best, and anyone who disagrees will be sent for Dear Leader's re-education immediately. Our relations to the other houses is that we are the Secret Police who aren't really that secret and they are the civilian dissenters.

#18 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 08:19 PM

View PostVisyac Cephias, on 23 February 2013 - 06:57 PM, said:

So you guys are the practical guys. The ones that do things that need to be done to achieve a goal. The people who are trained by a life time of difficulty. That is awesome.

What is your guys relations to the other houses? What is responsible for the relationships that you have with them?

Good question.

We House Liao, have built friendships and relationships in all Factions, the FRR and Clans, so that the game is challenging, yet the comaraderie, remains. Everyone is here for fun, it is a digital enterprise afterall, but the friends you make can and have spanned decades.

>salute>

#19 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

Capellan Confederation isn't about friends and alliances. The only relationships we've built up are the ones we exploit for victory.

The Capellan Confederation is a pretty cool place for bros to chill and hang out. Unless you're not Capellan.

#20 metro

• 2,491 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:23 PM

View Postmetro, on 23 February 2013 - 08:19 PM, said:

Good question.

We House Liao, have built friendships and relationships in all Factions, the FRR and Clans, so that the game is challenging, yet the comaraderie, remains. Everyone is here for fun, it is a digital enterprise afterall, but the friends you make can and have spanned decades.

>salute>

amplify....fun! All you must do is join in.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users