Why A Solo Play Tourny?

42 replies to this topic

#41 Oni Ralas

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 762 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

It's a collection event, nothing more. Datapoints are required for ELO to do it's job - and this just speeds up the process.

The funny thing is, I'm seeing syncdrop solo groups forming to a relativly high degree of success.

#42 Ranek Blackstone

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 860 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 February 2013 - 01:31 PM

Data collection, pure and simple. They have ideas for stat collection and leader boards, and this is the test bed for it.

#43 KitK

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 297 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 05:50 AM

View PostFoxtrot Uniform, on 23 February 2013 - 01:27 PM, said:

except this isn't really a solo leaderboard tourney because a lot of the big groups out there are currently sync dropping together solo. Heroes.. pffh, should have been called the Scum of the earth tourney.

View PostOni Ralas, on 23 February 2013 - 01:31 PM, said:

It's a collection event, nothing more. Datapoints are required for ELO to do it's job - and this just speeds up the process.

The funny thing is, I'm seeing syncdrop solo groups forming to a relativly high degree of success.

I am super sceptical of this, but I can't deny it either. I managed to play 8 lousy matches all weekend and I was definately impressed by the pub coordination on the other "team." Surely it was just a run of bad luck on my part...?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users