Liao Disadvantages?

125 replies to this topic

#1 Wipe Out

Rookie

• 8 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:26 AM

At the risk of having the Maskirovka kick in my door, I have to ask if the Capellan Confederation will be at a disadvantage due to its size, reputation, and aging/slightly outdated mech corps in terms of actual gameplay. I know there are many things unknown about community warfare and its implementation but I was wondering how they would bring some balance to it all. Every unimaginative stick jockey wants to join the Fedrats or pretend to be a samurai with the Combine. I just want to make sure that the wise warriors who fight for the scrappy, resourceful nation with a history of charismatic and, er, eccentric leadership get their fair shake in the IS battles to come.

#2 Lyrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 568 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 02:39 AM

Probably none with the exception that you won't have many teammates. Which could be a problem for certain tournaments. But that has to bee seen in the future.

#3 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2013 - 03:01 AM

House Liao is will be run by the Word of Lowtax so there will a good nexus of organized warfare. We're more than 1.3k Goons who enjoying MWO and hope that PGI will continue the trend of improving their game with nice additions.

We really love PGI.

It's not physical!

Always remember that Communication is KEY, so never not post.

The Headquarters of the Tetetae, the noble Birdwarrios (who make up the Word of Lowtax) hailing from the planet Kaetetôa is here: http://mwomercs.com/...m/152-kaetetoa/ (you need to be logged in to see that Forum Section. That our HOME PLANET is an official forum definitly shows that PGI is loving House Liao.

[REDACTED]

Welcome to House Liao - Supported by the Word of Lowtax.

Edited by Tank Boy Ken, 23 February 2013 - 01:19 PM.
removed false allegations

#4 Cryptozoology

• PipPipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 05:41 AM

House Liao is really just an all-around great place. It's filled with relaxed folks and chill dudes and dudettes and really we're just having a grand time with everything. Feel free to just do whatever! BYOF (Bring Your Own Fun) isn't necessary (plenty to go around already!) but we encourage you to bring a little fun along with you, just to make your own special mark on the whole thing and make it a little more "YOU"

#5 Literally

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 166 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 09:43 AM

I'm really proud of the Word of Lowtax for how much they've done to turn around the image of House Liao. I think a lot of players had relegated Liao to a low status in the canon, but I've been seeing more house pride and more Liao in game thanks to the Goons now. House Liao is really getting a lot more respect. Thanks especially to you, Cryptozoology, and the other goon community reps (you know who you are) for your tireless community outreach work!

Thanks to you, today I'm proud to be a part of House Liao: the Official Innersphere Arm of the Word of Lowtax!

#6 armchairyoda

• PipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 98 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:08 AM

This thread is true and wise. I can't wait to get back in game to chill with other robot duders.

If it weren't for the glorious Word of Lowtax, I'd probably still be working 16 hour shifts at the fish jelly cannery down the lane instead of chilling with cool bros/brosaphinas.

ALL GLORY TO [REDACTED]!

#7 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:11 AM

Size only matters in Davion space. The whole 4th Succession War was just some kind of overcompensation because of Hanse's little prince. You see the result in Victor (the four other kids are clearly not from Hanse).

#8 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:13 AM

Capellan Confederation is the cool place to hang out. You can find most of the cool people there. In the Capellan Confederation you can just chill and do whatever and totally relax. "Take it easy" is the Capellan motto, for example, that's how laid back it is there. Show up if you want to have a good time. Another good reason to show up is if you want to hang out with friends.

CAPELLA-LA

#9 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:26 AM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 23 February 2013 - 03:01 AM, said:

House Liao is will be run by the Word of Lowtax so there will a good nexus of organized warfare. We're more than 1.3k Goons who enjoying MWO and hope that PGI will continue the trend of improving their game with nice additions.

Ahh, I didn't realize that PGI had solidified WOL as the rulers of the Capellan Confederation. Must have been talks going on between the Devs and WOL that I'm not Privy too. In any case, Congrats on winning the prize. I didn't realize that you guys had that many WOL playing MWO. Congrats again! With those number you are surely going to do well against the other 441,229 members registered on MWO.

We really love PGI.

Now I understand how this all happened!

redacted]

[redacted]

Edited by miSs, 23 February 2013 - 11:27 AM.

#10 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:30 AM

View PostFireBerretta, on 23 February 2013 - 10:26 AM, said:

Ahh, I didn't realize that PGI had solidified WOL as the rulers of the Capellan Confederation. Must have been talks going on between the Devs and WOL that I'm not Privy too. In any case, Congrats on winning the prize. I didn't realize that you guys had that many WOL playing MWO. Congrats again! With those number you are surely going to do well against the other 441,229 members registered on MWO.

Sorry that was intended as light hearted banter we really want to be the unifying force to further the goals and the enjoyment of all people in House Liao. Take a look at the outstanding work done by the Diplomatic Corps of Goonfleet.

Relax, you should not take us serious. I know we're not taking ourselfs too serious.

Openly admitting that you have 2 moderators from WOL that are doing things that you would rather not say here? Now it is starting to all make sense. Good luck with that.

Ah sorry English ain't my mothertongue, I was of course pointing out the 2 Communtiy mods who valiantly carry the banner of House Liao. And I assure you they are not part of the Word of Lowtax (I can not confirm nor deny that they are Goons, but I guess they are not).

There are currently NO Goon/Word of Lowtax moderators that I know of.

#11 FireBerretta

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 169 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

View PostLiterally, on 23 February 2013 - 09:43 AM, said:

I'm really proud of the Word of Lowtax for how much they've done to turn around the image of House Liao. I think a lot of players had relegated Liao to a low status in the canon, but I've been seeing more house pride and more Liao in game thanks to the Goons now. House Liao is really getting a lot more respect.

Really? I wouldn't call it respect. Not when every drop I'm in, the Goons are despised (not feared) by every other opposing team. [REDACTED]

Edited by Viterbi, 23 February 2013 - 05:53 PM.
Removed generalized statement

#12 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:33 AM

Looks like someone needs to remember the Capellan motto. "Take it easy".

#13 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:36 AM

View PostFireBerretta, on 23 February 2013 - 10:33 AM, said:

Really? I wouldn't call it respect. Not when every drop I'm in, the Goons are despised (not feared) by every other opposing team. [REDACTED]

I actually have to say that I have many friends in multiple Units which do not tell me I'm an evil person for having a www.somethingawful.com Forum account. Do you really think registering on that (very good) website/fourm transforms normal human beings into something evil.

Though I admit some Goons do make Jokes that are not easy to understand for people new to the Internet after all we're here to have fun and enjoy this game with you. This is literally serious!

Also stay on topic.

On Topic:
The only disadvantage House Liao has that we need to be friendly with each other, since everyone else thinks we're easy pickings.

#14 Vandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 457 posts

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:37 AM

We played a game with random players today and a dude complimented us for being a good and being goons who are 'Usually pretty good.'

That's my whole story ALRIGHT SMELL YOU LATER.

Posted Image

#15 Ken Fury

• 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:42 AM

Also we're helpful to the community and it gets recognized:

Posted Image

See the wonderful tool here:
http://mechromancer.wordoflowtax.com/

Also several articles here:
http://themittani.co...hwarrior-online

Seriously is that the work of people wanting to ruin a community? Please take a step back and think about how much :effort: went into that.

Thanks.

#16 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

I played a game with a guy who was totally happy to see goons. He said "Oh man squawk is great". We chilled out and had a really good time.

He was also in House Liao but he was on the other team, so even though he got killed by me we still pal'd around and had a good time. Good times were had by all. And that's really how House Liao will come out on top, we just had to remember to chill out and have good times.

#17 Adridos

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 10,635 posts
  • LocationHiding in a cake, left in green city called New A... something.

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:44 AM

View PostTank Boy Ken, on 23 February 2013 - 10:30 AM, said:

There are currently NO Goon/Word of Lowtax moderators that I know of.

What about the: "I like to post!" guy? :D

#18 Two Beans

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 315 posts
  • LocationDa Innur Speer

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 February 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

He's not a moderator. He just likes to post.

#19 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:47 AM

View PostAdridos, on 23 February 2013 - 10:44 AM, said:

He's a developer. He's not really a person, just a posting automaton.

As far as heartless posting automatons go, he's a pretty chill guy who does chill things.

edit: Beaten by that rogue, The Bean Duo.

Edited by dscruffy1, 23 February 2013 - 10:48 AM.

#20 Anders

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 612 posts
  • LocationKaetetôã

Posted 23 February 2013 - 10:49 AM

View Postdscruffy1, on 23 February 2013 - 10:47 AM, said:

He's a developer. He's not really a person, just a posting automaton.

As far as heartless posting automatons go, he's a pretty chill guy who does chill things.

Mr. dee-scruffy-one:

Let's not say things about robots we can't take back. Those are hurtful words!

We here at The Word of Lowtax thank you for your visit to Kaetetôã. We here at the Word of Lowtax realize that you have limited entertainment destinations and appreciate that you're spending your entertainment electrons on us. Please continue to choose the Word of Lowtax in your future holiday destination spending! We are grateful for your out of the box, blue-sky thinking, and appreciate you touching base with us here at the Word of Lowtax. We hope to synergize our efforts to achieve quantifiable paradigm redefinitions in a future collaboration soon.

Robotically Yours,
Anders

Public Relations Officer
Director of Man/Bird Relations
Loremaster of Word of Lowtax
Veteran of the First Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
A Draaaaaaagun Slayer, Victor over the "4 time crowned Champion from the day."
OpFor Veteran of Second Round of the Run Hot or Die Funzies Tournament
Survivor of the Great Market Collapse of September 18, 3049
Bro-Bots with Mech Romney, Member of the 53%
Commissioner of Entertainment Electrons
A [REDACTED] Asset
Oft Imitated, Never Duplicated
Crackin' Turtles since 3049
Master of the Trial of Walter
Marik Militia Masher
'Mechstradamus
Campaigning in the Inner Sphere for a better Capella
Survivor of the Festival of Artemis
Podcasting Propaganda Information directly to your Neurohelmet 24/7/365
ilKhan of Clan Moderator-in-Exile
"The Goonders"
Recipient of the First ever "Community Contributor Award" - "The December Star of 3049"
Brought Order to Chaos
Anders Actual. Copy.
Schedulepower > Firepower
The Morning Sun, Vanquisher of the Horrible Midnight!
Krazy for Kaetetôã
Solaris Ranger Danger Wrecker
Rocked the Scorpions like a Hurricane
The Word of Lowtax: Pay to Win since 3049
Survivor of Excess Radiation
Communicating with Keys (my keyboard to be precise)
Bropocalypse Now Battalion - "The Fist of Lowtax"

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users