How Do You Feel The Elo Is Doing?

24 replies to this topic

Poll: How do you feel about ELO? (127 member(s) have cast votes)

What are your feelings about the ELO?

1. ELO is fine leave it alone (26 votes [20.47%])

Percentage of vote: 20.47%

2. ELO is OK but it would be better if the tonnage was balanced (68 votes [53.54%])

Percentage of vote: 53.54%

3. ELO is bad. I keep getting matched up with horrible players and/or out tonned. (30 votes [23.62%])

Percentage of vote: 23.62%

4. The ELO is the worst thing they have ever done to the game. Please go back to the old match making (3 votes [2.36%])

Percentage of vote: 2.36%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Steel Claws

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 665 posts
  • LocationKansas

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:11 AM

Just what it says.

#2 That Guy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 1,057 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:16 AM

wile not perfect, it does seem to have helped quite a bit. though its very annoying to have a dragon as the heaviest mech on my team and face down a premade group in 4 ECM atlas.

but it is certainly better than before

edit: i should also say that i would prefer an unbalanced game to no game at all. getting "failed to find match" for 2 hours straight is NOT FUN

Edited by That Guy, 05 March 2013 - 12:18 AM.

#3 Revorn

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Patron
  • 3,557 posts

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:20 AM

Nice but not perfect. But ive seen some real cool Matches, wich happend never before ELO in that way. Cool Stuff. imho.

#4 Elessar

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,100 posts
  • LocationHesperus II

Posted 05 March 2013 - 12:44 AM

Elo definitely has improved gameplay for me.
Much less cases where one side stomps the other and the battles have gotten more interesting (with people usually knowing what they are doing and W/L-Ratios that are more around 1.0 (well, in my case a little bit above that))

Balancing around tonnage should be improved however ...
especially in conquest mode a team with only heavy/assault mechs is in a disadvantage against a team that has multiple light mechs

#5 WaddeHaddeDudeda

• 1,567 posts
  • LocationAllocation Relocation Dislocation

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:30 PM

*bump*

EDIT: To add something constructive: Having people who seem to know what to do in the other team is a very nice change (even though grinding bad Mechs is worse than ever now) - but why does one always gets matched WITH total scrubs in the own team?
It's looking interesting if everyone on the opfor team is playing very well, why in your own team you have like 3-4 somewhat competent people, while the other half doesn't makes more than 200 damage COMBINED!

Edited by WaddeHaddeDudeda, 06 March 2013 - 01:41 PM.

#6 ownka

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 336 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 01:32 PM

Elo is the best thing to ever happen to this game. It has made my average mech go from a decisive, one way stomp to a true battle, allies and enemies both dying before it is said and done.

#7 w0rm

• Giant Helper
  • 2,162 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:54 PM

View PostWaddeHaddeDudeda, on 06 March 2013 - 01:30 PM, said:

EDIT: To add something constructive: Having people who seem to know what to do in the other team is a very nice change (even though grinding bad Mechs is worse than ever now) - but why does one always gets matched WITH total scrubs in the own team?
It's looking interesting if everyone on the opfor team is playing very well, why in your own team you have like 3-4 somewhat competent people, while the other half doesn't makes more than 200 damage COMBINED!

This is what needs to be fixed. Sick of the 50-damage-Atlas-Failbrigade.

#8 Royalewithcheese

• 2,342 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

I've had a significantly higher proportion of interesting matches after elo was implemented. But tonnage balancing could use a little work.

#9 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:05 PM

Elo isn't bad, generally it makes for better matches and premade is just an advantage as opposed to an i-win feature.

That said, the lack of weight matching is BS. This is a match I just got out of about 10 seconds ago...

Posted Image

7 assaults and 1 heavy vs 3 assault, 1 heavy, 1 medium and 3 lights... yeah, that ones going to end well.

On top, this match started basically instantly, so its not like the matchmaker was timing out. This needs to get fixed, fast.

#10 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

I'm in with the tonnage-fixing crowd, sometimes it can kick up some weird results. Though I do believe that's on their tweak radar.

Overall my games have felt more... fair. Win or lose.

#11 Pater Mors

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 815 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:08 PM

Most of the matches I've played lately have been reasonably well balanced. Just started playing a few Conquest games and there seems to usually be a good mix of light, med and heavy. PUG games only for me at the moment.

#12 JokerVictor

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 515 posts
  • LocationA happy place far from this bitter wasteland

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:11 PM

Having good matches aside from the occasionally predecided match (har har, you're out-tonned by at least 100 tonnes, try to win now!)

Don't even have to wait too long, which is nice.

I can't believe that's your signature tarman... lulz.

#13 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:15 PM

View Postownka, on 06 March 2013 - 01:32 PM, said:

Elo is the best thing to ever happen to this game. It has made my average mech go from a decisive, one way stomp to a true battle, allies and enemies both dying before it is said and done.

Honestly, I do still see one-side stomps (i.e. 7:1 or other variations close to that) quite often. However, I do agree that the overall frequency of "close battles" has skyrocketed. I see tons of matches these days where only 1-3 people are left alive on the winning team (often at the brink of death); whereas such situations were pretty much unheard of in the old MM system.

Edited by FupDup, 06 March 2013 - 05:16 PM.

#14 Tarman

• 2,080 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:16 PM

View PostJokerVictor, on 06 March 2013 - 05:11 PM, said:

Having good matches aside from the occasionally predecided match (har har, you're out-tonned by at least 100 tonnes, try to win now!)

Don't even have to wait too long, which is nice.

I can't believe that's your signature tarman... lulz.

Dude, I had so much fun yesterday it made me patch the game after being all OMG OUTRAGE. Glad I can thank you personally.

#15 Rayah

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 801 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:17 PM

Matches seem to be slightly more even.

Still see some 1 - 8 matches due to the attrition aspect of the game.

#16 Owlfeathers

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 182 posts
  • LocationTerra, Sol System, Milky Way Galaxy

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:20 PM

Pretty good, but a few games ago I watched a team of 6 Altai with ECM sneak up and kill my entire team (mostly mediums and lights) from behind before they could even return fire. So there are a few tonnage issues.

Edited by Owlfeathers, 06 March 2013 - 05:20 PM.

#17 Serapth

• 1,674 posts

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:41 PM

Weight mismatches have been really bad tonight.

I am trying to finish leveling my Trebuchet and it just isn't seeming worthwhile. Without weight matching, you are just hurting your side bringing a 50 ton mech instead of a 100 ton. This needs to be fixed.

Normally it doesn't seem that bad, but tonight it seems like one in three mechs is an Atlas.

#18 CycKath

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,575 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSE QLD, Australia

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:54 PM

Definitely liking ELO, lot more matches are down to final 3-2 'Mechs left total range.

#19 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 06 March 2013 - 05:58 PM

View PostCycKath, on 06 March 2013 - 05:54 PM, said:

Definitely liking ELO, lot more matches are down to final 3-2 'Mechs left total range.

On the one hand, this ^^^ because it seems to be working.

On the other hand, it would be nifty if a lower ELO team got a tonnage boost against a higher ELO team...

#20 dscruffy1

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 118 posts
  • LocationThe Periphery

Posted 06 March 2013 - 06:00 PM

Everything is working as intended, elo is great, tonnage matches are great.

Carry on, peons.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users